Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
The Charleston Post and Courier political news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Post & Courier (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Conley (2) Democratic Senate challenger (2008) South Carolina
- Catherine Templeton (3) South Carolina Republican candidate for South Carolina Governor
- Daniel Coats (3) Indiana Director of National Intelligence
- Eric Garcetti (3) California Ambassador to India
- Gloria Bromell Tinubu (3) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger South Carolina
- Henry McMaster (4) South Carolina Republican
- Joe Cunningham (1) South Carolina Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Kevin Bryant (2) South Carolina Republican candidate for governor
- Krystle Matthews (1) Democratic Challenger South Carolina
- Lindsey Graham (1) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mark Sanford (1) South Carolina Republican Presidential contender
- Mia McLeod (1) South Carolina Democratic Challenger
- Nancy Mace (4) Republican U.S. Rep South Carolina-1
- Russell Fry (1) Republican U.S. Rep South Carolina-7
- Thomas Dixon (1) Democratic candidate for Senate South Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Charleston Post and Courier:
- On 2022 S.C. Governor race, AdWatch: "SC Gov. Henry McMaster uses Joe Cunningham's own words against him in new TV ad," by Caitlin Byrd, Oct 7, 2022, (Link)
- (On SC-1): "Rep.-elect Nancy Mace hires senior staff members with ties to SC and marijuana lobbying," by Thomas Novelly, Dec 1, 2020
- (On 2022_SC_Senate), "SC lawmaker proposes bill to end state's 'tampon tax' on feminine-hygiene products," by Adam Benson, Nov 26, 2019
- H 3700: "SC Gov. McMaster vetoes special legislation to replace sea wall protecting 17 homes," by Chloe Johnson, May 15, 2019
- (On Daniel Coats): Charleston Post and Courier on 2018 Trump Administration, 9/25/2018
- (On Bob Conley): Charleston Post and Courier, "FairTax", 8/7/2008
- (On Bob Conley): By Warren Wise, The Charleston Post and Courier, 8/7/2008
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Catherine Templeton: Define personhood from conception; no exceptions for incest.
Eric Garcetti: Pro-choice.
Henry McMaster: Supports Personhood Bill, defining life from conception.
Henry McMaster: Budget shouldn't "contain a penny" for abortion providers.
Kevin Bryant: Supports Personhood Bill, defining life from conception.
Kevin Bryant: Budget shouldn't "contain a penny" for abortion providers.
Nancy Mace: Against abortion, but yes to exceptions for rape, incest.
Budget & Economy|
Mark Sanford: Republican Party has lost its way on debt & spending.
Catherine Templeton: Proud of the Confederacy; don't rewrite history.
Nancy Mace: Hires former marijuana lobbyist, supports legalization.
Nancy Mace: Hires former marijuana lobbyist; supports legalization.
Thomas Dixon: Self-described former alcoholic and drug addict.
Energy & Oil|
Henry McMaster: AdWatch: Ban offshore drilling for oil and gas.
Joe Cunningham: AdWatch: Ban offshore drilling for oil and gas.
Russell Fry: Rebuild banned sea wall for gated community.
Henry McMaster: Vetoed bill to rebuild banned sea wall for gated community.
Mia McLeod: Rebuild banned sea wall for gated community.
Nancy Mace: Don't rebuild banned sea wall for gated community.
Daniel Coats: Criticizes government censorship & social controls in China.
Daniel Coats: China holds 1M Muslims in "patriotic re-education" camps.
Catherine Templeton: Fight corruption & waste & good ol' boy system in Columbia.
Eric Garcetti: I'm a single-payer guy.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Work toward making health care more affordable.
Eric Garcetti: Universal pathway to employment.
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: Economic freedom includes federal minimum wage increase.
Principles & Values|
Gloria Bromell Tinubu: 2018 Lt. Gov. candidate; 2012 & 2014 House candidate.
Lindsey Graham: Now supports Trump, but called him "unfit for office".
Bob Conley: Pushes FairTax (national sales tax of 23%).
Bob Conley: Supports FairTax national sales tax of 23%.
Krystle Matthews: Exempt feminine hygiene products from state sales tax.
Daniel Coats: China as well as Russia use cyber-attacks against democracy.
The above quotations are from The Charleston Post and Courier political news coverage.