Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CNBC coverage of political news
(Click for external website)
Excerpts from CNBC:
- 2023 Presidential primary: "Democratic Presidential Candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Speaks with CNBC's Brian Sullivan on 'Last Call' Today," Aug. 30 2023, (Link)
- On Biden_Administration: "Austin Calls for 'Responsible' End to Afghan War," by Jack Detsch, March 21, 2021
- On Biden Promises: "Biden pledges to help fix the child-care crisis in America," by Michelle Fox, Jan 15, 2021
- "Biden wants to increase stimulus checks to $2,000. Here's what we know about those payments," by Lorie Konish, Jan 14, 2021
- "Biden's stimulus proposal would boost these tax credits for families," by Darla Mercado, Jan 14 2021
- 2022_TX_Gov: "Texas governor says companies moving headquarters to the state has turned into a 'tidal wave'," by Kevin Stankiewicz, Dec 11, 2020
- 2022 FL Senate: "Op-ed: The data is clear – the Paycheck Protection Program is a success," by Sen. Marco Rubio, Dec 10, 2020
- CNBC, "WHO slams 'unacceptable' remarks by U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo," by Will Feuer & Amanda Macias, Jul 23, 2020
- 2024 Hopefuls: "Former UN ambassador Nikki Haley resigns from Boeing board, opposing government aid," by Leslie Josephs & Dan Mangan, Mar 19, 2020
- CNBC's Jacob Pramuk on 2018 impeaching Trump, 10/3/2018
- CNBC's Jacob Pramuk on 2018 Trump Administration, 9/18/2018
- CNBC "Squawk Box" on 2018 Trump Administration, 8/29/2018
- CNBC on 2018 impeaching Trump Administration, 4/20/2018
- Editorial by J. French Hill on CNBC, "European Tigers", 4/5/2013
- Heritage President Jim DeMint on CNBC's "The Kudlow Report", 2/27/2013
- Rick Santorum Op-Ed on CNBC.com Guest Blog, 11/10/2011
- CNBC “Kudlow & Company” Interview, 7/31/2008
- CNBC interview on Maria Bartiromo show, 5/23/2008
- Quoted on CNBC’s “Hardball with Chris Matthews”, 6/9/1999
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Larry Kudlow: Trump's support of late-term abortion ban is "gift from god".
Budget & Economy|
Condoleezza Rice: US has not lost its edge; problems will work their way out.
Heritage Foundation: Balance budget over 10 years by spending cuts & tax reform.
Jim DeMint: Sequestration is not true spending cuts, just cuts in growth.
John Kasich: FactCheck: Managing Director at Lehman, but not Board member.
Energy & Oil|
Condoleezza Rice: Diversify supply to non-carbon-based sources.
Condoleezza Rice: Increase refining capacity & domestic resources; use nuclear.
Mike Bloomberg: Founded $500 million group advocating energy reform.
Sarah Palin: Lift moratorium on offshore drilling.
Sarah Palin: Convinced McCain to drill offshore; not yet on drilling ANWR.
French Hill: Help "Eastern European Tigers" follow the Asian Tigers.
Mike Pompeo: Chinese Communist Party co-opted World Health Organization.
Rick Santorum: JFK-Khrushchev negotiations failed; Obama's will fail too.
Anthony Brindisi: Trump's trade war, lack of labor, hurts NY dairy farmers.
Colin Allred: Trade with Mexico and Canada is critical to business.
Conor Lamb: New tariffs on steel/aluminum will level the playing field.
Donald Trump: Says China is paying BIG TARIFFS, but U.S. consumers pay.
Larry Kudlow: With tariffs, US consumers suffer but China suffers more.
Sonny Perdue: Farmers want trade, not aid; but $12B aid for now.
Sonny Perdue: Renegotiate trade deals with China, Mexico, and Canada.
Susan Wild: Hold China accountable; open mind about tariffs.
Sarah Palin: Fight "bridge to nowhere" and all earmarks.
Sarah Palin: VECO scandal & Stevens indictment shows need for GOP cleanup.
John Lewis: Set aside federal funds to address gun violence.
Mike Bloomberg: Bloomberg group favors closing background check loopholes.
Steve Mnuchin: Gun violence is tragedy and policy needs to be addressed.
Bob Hugin: Will use his 20 years in healthcare to craft new reforms.
Mike Bloomberg: Expand ObamaCare & Medicare.
Wilbur Ross: Young, healthy people enrolling in Obamacare is illogical.
Chip Roy: Blocked disaster relief for not addressing crisis at border.
Condoleezza Rice: Comprehensive immigration reform, while respecting law.
Dan Quayle: Keep minimum wage under $6/hour.
Principles & Values|
Democratic Party: Sue Trump for conspiracy with Russia to win 2016 election.
Donald Trump: Sued by Democratic Party for 2016 Russia collusion.
Donald Trump: OpEd: 18-month investigation alleges $413M in tax fraud.
Donald Trump: Claimed father lent him $1M; actually lent him $60M.
Hillary Clinton: FactCheck: No evidence Hillary's email server was hacked.
Marco Rubio: FactCheck: Senate attendance comparable to other candidates.
Sarah Palin: Independent prosecutor probing Cabinet firing.
Sarah Palin: Replaced Public Safety commissioner based on lack of results.
Carly Fiorina: Challenge the status quo on entitlement reform.
Carly Fiorina: We can't reform entitlements until we reform government.
Carly Fiorina: Need to change status quo to achieve entitlement reform.
Tom Steyer: Great countries don't break their major promises.
George W. Bush: Read my tax pledge: No new taxes.
Steve Mnuchin: Mathematically impossible to avoid tax cuts on wealthy.
George Pataki: FactCheck: No evidence Hillary's email server was hacked.
War & Peace|
Condoleezza Rice: Consequences via international coalition if Iran keeps nukes.
Condoleezza Rice: Iraq is investing in its security; US troops are coming home.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jeff Merkley: Protect entitlements from GOP budget cuts.
Larry Kudlow: Be tougher on spending, including entitlement reform.
Ted Cruz: FactCheck: Yes, 3.7M women became impoverished since 2008.
The above quotations are from CNBC coverage of political news.