Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of OR political races in The Oregonian
(Click for external website)
Articles from the Oregonian:
- The Oregonian, "Betsy Johnson: Unaffiliated Oregon governor candidate would bring longtime skepticism about government to the job," by Hillary Borrud, Sep. 25, 2022, (Link)
- On 2022_OR_Gov: "Nicholas Kristof, former New York Times columnist, formally announces he is running for ," by Hillary Borrud, Oct. 27, 2021
- On 2022 Oregon Governor race: "Editorial: Oregon Democrats' anti-democratic power play," Sep. 24, 2021
- On 2018_OR_Gov: The Oregonian on Knute Buehler, 5/6/2018
- (On Knute Buehler): The Oregonian on 2018 Oregon Governor race, 12/15/2017
- (On Knute Buehler): The Oregonian Buehler OpEd on 2018 Oregon Governor race, 8/20/2017
- (On Knute Buehler): The Oregonian on 2018 Oregon Governor race, 2/13/2017
- (On Kate Brown): The Oregonian on voting record on Senate Bill 1547, 3/7/16 & 3/10/2016
- (On Kate Brown): The Oregonian on Syrian refugees: 2016 Oregon governor race, 11/17/2015
- (On Julian Bell & Kate Brown): The Oregonian on 2016 Oregon gubernatorial race, 10/15/2015
- (On Kevin Stine): The Oregonian on 2016 Oregon Senate race, 9/21/2015
- (On Kate Brown): The Oregonian on Oregon legislative voting records: SB 9, 7/22/2015
- (On Jeff Merkley & Monica Wehby): The Oregonian on 2014 Oregon Senate race, 7/18/2014
- (On Monica Wehby): The Oregonian on 2014 Oregon Senate race, 5/19/2014
- (On Oregon SB941): "Kate Brown signs background check bill as gun violence groups claim landmark victory," by Jeff Mapes, May 11, 2015
- (On Jeff Merkley & Monica Wehby): The Oregonian on 2014 Oregon Senate race, 5/2/2014
- (On Monica Wehby): The Oregonian on 2014 Oregon Senate race, 4/30/2014
- (On Jason Conger & Monica Wehby): The Oregonian on 2014 Oregon Senate debate, 3/8/2014
- (On Monica Wehby, Jason Conger & Mark Callahan): The Oregonian on 2016 Oregon Senate race, 1/25/2014
- (On Jeff Merkley): The Oregonian on 2014 Oregon Senate race, 1/3/2014
- (On Jeff Merkley): The Oregonian AdWatch on 2014 Oregon Senate race, 1/2/2014
- (On Jason Conger): The Oregonian coverage of 2014 Oregon Senate race, 12/5/2013
- (On Jason Conger): Jeff Mapes in The Oregonian, 10/17/2013
- (On Jason Conger): The Oregonian on 2014 Oregon Senate debate, 2/22/2013
- (On Jim Huffman): Elizabeth Hovde, columnist in The Oregonian, 3/6/2010
- (On Jeff Merkley): The Oregonian, “Oregon House speaker”, 5/1/2008
- (On Winona LaDuke): The Oregonian, “Activist Fire”, 7/12/2000
- (On Jeff Merkley): By Jeff Mapes, The Oregonian, 7/2/2008
- (On Winona LaDuke): (X-ref Environment) The Oregonian, “Activist Fire”, 7/12/2000
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jim Huffman: Pro-choice, but issue has corrupted politics.
Knute Buehler: Pro-choice: wants abortions rare, safe and legal.
Monica Wehby: Abortion is a personal decision.
Budget & Economy|
Jason Conger: Supports executive bonuses; opposes federal bailout.
Knute Buehler: Boost economy via spending controls and cutting regulations.
Winona LaDuke: Replace corporate subsidies with community revitalization.
Jeff Merkley: Ensure that women earn equal pay for equal work.
Jim Huffman: Supports the legal rights of gays.
Monica Wehby: Paycheck Fairness Act hurts women in the workplace.
Jim Huffman: Death penalty is too inaccurate to deserve support.
Knute Buehler: A crime victim himself, vows to make citizen's lives safer.
Jeff Merkley: Toughen laws against meth traffickers.
Kate Brown: Liberalize recreational marijuana use but regulate it.
Mark Callahan: Get rid of the Department of Education.
Energy & Oil|
Julian Bell: Combat climate change and promote clean energy.
Kate Brown: Angered environmentalists via compromise transportation bill.
Kate Brown: Wean Oregon off coal and boost renewable sources.
Winona LaDuke: Support alternative energy & industrial hemp.
Jason Conger: Higher timber harvests on public land.
Families & Children|
Monica Wehby: 2007: Ex-husband filed police report, but good friends now.
Jeff Merkley: Investigate Saudi interference in US criminal cases.
Jeff Merkley: Support free-trade, but wait on Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Kevin Stine: Oppose "fast track" trade legislation; oppose TPP.
Monica Wehby: Support free-trade, but wait on Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Knute Buehler: End pay-to-play politics, to restore confidence.
Tina Kotek: Supported gerrymandered Congressional map.
Cliff Bentz: No background checks for private gun transactions.
Knute Buehler: No background checks for private gun transactions.
Betsy Johnson: No background checks for private gun transactions.
Jason Conger: State-run Cover Oregon exchange better than ObamaCare.
Jason Conger: Opposes "Cover Oregon" and state-run insurance exchanges.
Jeff Merkley: 2009: "Keep your insurance"; 2014: fix ObamaCare so you can.
Jeff Merkley: I couldn't enroll in ObamaCare, but it'll eventually succeed.
Mark Callahan: Opposes "Cover Oregon" and state-run insurance exchanges.
Monica Wehby: We need more MDs and fewer JDs in Congress.
Monica Wehby: I was against ObamaCare when it wasn't cool.
Jason Conger: Opposes reduction in size of America's military force.
Monica Wehby: Opposes reduction in size of America's military force.
Val Hoyle: Expand state college aid to undocumented students .
Jason Conger: Stricter rules for non-citizen college tuition equity.
Jason Conger: Temporary visas for needed undocumented immigrants.
Kate Brown: Expand state college aid to undocumented students.
Kate Brown: Open the doors of opportunity for Syrian refugees.
Mark Callahan: Enforce borders; enforce existing laws; say no to amnesty.
Jeff Merkley: Minimum wage should be left to the states.
Principles & Values|
Jeff Merkley: I've lived a pretty unconventional life.
Kevin Stine: Served in Navy for 9 years; on City Council for 1.
Monica Wehby: Declined to debate on live TV in Senate primary.
Knute Buehler: No new or higher taxes during booming economy.
Winona LaDuke: Favors economic and tax policies to benefit poor, not rich.
Welfare & Poverty|
Nicholas Kristof: More than a quarter of childhood friends are dead.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of OR political races in The Oregonian.