Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Axios coverage of political news
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Axios.com political coverage (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (5) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Yang (4) New York Democratic candidate for NYC Mayor
- Annette Taddeo (1) Florida Democratic Challenger
- Bernie Sanders (5) Democratic Presidential candidate
- Beto O`Rourke (9) Texas Democratic candidate for Governor; U.S. Rep
- Bill Weld (5) Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Brian Fitzpatrick (1) Republican U.S. Rep Pennsylvania-8
- Cory Booker (6) New Jersey Mayor of Newark; N.J. Senator
- Dean Phillips (1) Minnesota Democratic presidential Challenger
- Donald Trump (3) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Elizabeth Warren (9) Massachusetts Senator
- Eric Swalwell (6) California Presidential candidate (withdrawn); U.S. Rep from CA-15
- Jay Inslee (2) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Joe Biden (5) Democratic President; former V.P.; former Senator
- John Bolton (2) National Security Advisor
- John Delaney (5) Maryland Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MD-6
- John Hickenlooper (6) Colorado Democratic Colorado Governor
- John Kasich (2) Ohio Republican Ohio Governor
- Josh Gottheimer (1) Democrat U.S. Rep New Jersey-5
- Julian Castro (5) Texas Mayor of San Antonio; HUD Secretary
- Kamala Harris (4) California Democratic Vice President; former California Senator
- Kirsten Gillibrand (6) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Marianne Williamson (6) Democratic candidate for President
- Michael Bennet (8) Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Pete Buttigieg (2) Indiana DOT Secretary
- Pete Snyder (2) Virginia Republican Primary Gubernatorial Candidate
- Seth Moulton (5) Massachusetts Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MA-6
- Tim Ryan (5) Ohio Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from OH-13
- Tulsi Gabbard (4) Hawaii Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from HI-2
- Wayne Messam (3) Florida Democratic Presidential Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Excerpts from news/opinion website Axios.com:
- Presidential primary 2023: "Inside Congress' little-known, makeshift Jewish caucus," by Andrew Solender, May 24, 2023, (Link)
- Axios, "Deidre DeJear explains decision to sit while officers recognized," by Linh Ta, January 18, 2022
- Axios, "Lawmakers across political spectrum respond to SOTU," by Andrew Solender, March 2, 2022.
- On 2022 FL Gov: Axios, "DeSantis proposes Florida civilian military force that he'd control," by Oriana Gonzalez, Dec 3, 2021
- On 2021 Virginia Governor race: "Va. candidate's COVID charity shrouded key information," by Lachlan Markay, Mar 18, 2021
- 2020-KY-Senate, "McConnell says he won't support infrastructure in coronavirus bill," by Jonathan Swan, 4/28/20
- (On 2020 presidential hopefuls): "Trump assigns Pence to lead U.S. coronavirus response," by Zachary Basu, 12/26/2019
- "Election Factsheet," on 2020 Democratic primary April 22-May 3, 2019
- "What you need to know about 2020" Apr 12-22, 2019
- (On John Kasich): 2020 presidential hopefuls Feb 26, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bill Weld: Long record of support for abortion rights.
Julian Castro: I believe in a woman's right to choose.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Her judicial appointments must uphold Roe v. Wade.
Pete Buttigieg: Personal choice is best for abortion's moral decision.
Seth Moulton: Supports public funding; opposes Born-Alive bill.
Tim Ryan: Opposed abortion; now supports woman's choice.
Budget & Economy|
Andrew Yang: Freedom Dividend of $1000/month for every adult American.
Elizabeth Warren: Regulate free market; break up Big Tech.
Pete Snyder: Formed private fund for forgivable loans during pandemic.
Amy Klobuchar: Pushed for sexual harassment training in Senate.
Bill Weld: Supported domestic partners; amicus for same sex marriage.
Cory Booker: Wants new Voting Right Act; end gerrymandering.
Marianne Williamson: $100 billion over 10 years as reparations for slavery.
Bernie Sanders: Break up big agriculture corporations.
Beto O`Rourke: Don't break up Big Tech; do help smaller firms.
John Hickenlooper: Pro-business: cut regulations, launched retraining website.
Amy Klobuchar: Supports prison reform & treatment over punishment.
Cory Booker: Cut mandatory minimum sentences; end solitary for juveniles.
Elizabeth Warren: Criminal liability for corporate execs causing severe harm.
Joe Biden: Regrets supporting strict sentences, including on crack.
Kamala Harris: Moratorium on death penalty; but defended it as AG.
Michael Bennet: Sponsor of bipartisan First Step reform bill.
Amy Klobuchar: Opioid manufacturers should help fund treatment.
Andrew Yang: Legalize marijuana; pardon marijuana-related offenses.
Bernie Sanders: Co-sponsored federal legalization of marijuana.
Beto O`Rourke: Decriminalize marijuana; expunge criminal records.
Bill Weld: On board of cannabis company; supported medical marijuana.
Cory Booker: Legalize marijuana nationally including recreational use.
Elizabeth Warren: Co-sponsored federal legalization of marijuana.
Joe Biden: Supports marijuana decriminalization, not legalization.
John Hickenlooper: As teen, grew his own marijuana before it was legal.
Kamala Harris: Co-sponsor of Marijuana Justice Act for legalization.
Michael Bennet: Sponsored bill to end Federal ban on marijuana.
Elizabeth Warren: Wipe out current student debt; free public college.
Eric Swalwell: No interest loans & free tuition in exchange for service.
Joe Biden: Free tuition at community colleges & state universities.
John Delaney: Universal pre-K; free community college.
Julian Castro: Nationwide expansion of universal pre-K.
Kamala Harris: Boost average teacher pay by $13,500.
Marianne Williamson: Favors Universal pre-school & free college.
Tulsi Gabbard: Free tuition at public higher education.
Wayne Messam: Address immediate student debt with one-time cancellation.
Energy & Oil|
Bernie Sanders: Co-sponsor of Green New Deal.
Beto O`Rourke: Net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, but allow drilling.
Bill Weld: Would rejoin Paris accords.
Elizabeth Warren: Co-sponsored Green New Deal.
Elizabeth Warren: Renewable energy on public land or offshore; end drilling.
Eric Swalwell: Fight climate change, but protect jobs.
Jay Inslee: Plan for 100% clean energy by 2030.
John Delaney: Co-sponsored bipartisan carbon tax bill.
John Hickenlooper: Denounced Green New Deal, supports fighting climate change.
John Kasich: I've evolved on climate change: stop denying it.
John Kasich: Subsidies for electric vehicles and renewables.
Marianne Williamson: Supports Green New Deal.
Michael Bennet: Climate change is major issue; but not Green New Deal.
Seth Moulton: 50% carbon-free electricity by 2030.
Tim Ryan: Renewable energy will bring economic benefits.
Tulsi Gabbard: Silent on Green New Deal; supports push for renewables.
Wayne Messam: Criticized Trump for quitting Paris Climate Accord.
Donald Trump: Why not nuke hurricanes to stop them from hitting US?
Families & Children|
Kirsten Gillibrand: First to call for Sen. Al Franken to resign.
Donald Trump: End investigations of Turkish state-owned banks.
Donald Trump: Uighur concentration camps are the right thing to do.
Marianne Williamson: US should return to being honest broker in Mideast.
Tulsi Gabbard: Met with Syrian president; for "extreme vetting" of Syrians.
Michael Bennet: Trump's tariffs have harmed farmers.
Beto O`Rourke: Monthly Cabinet town halls.
John Bolton: Trump agrees that America has too many elections.
John Delaney: End gerrymandering, make Election Day a holiday.
Beto O`Rourke: Background checks; limit assault rifles.
Cory Booker: Supports national gun licensing every 5 years.
Eric Swalwell: Be big; be bold; do good; gun control.
Eric Swalwell: Ban assault weapons, buyback for those out there.
John Hickenlooper: Ban on high-capacity magazines.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Supports stricter laws now; didn't when in the House.
Seth Moulton: For background checks & assault weapons ban.
Tim Ryan: Went from NRA A-rating to pro-gun control.
Wayne Messam: Sued state of Florida to allow municipal gun control.
Amy Klobuchar: Backs Medicare Advantage, alternative to Medicare.
Andrew Yang: Aligned with "intactivists": against circumcision.
Andrew Yang: Advocates for a single-payer health care system.
Beto O`Rourke: Universal coverage, not Medicare-for-All.
Elizabeth Warren: Co-sponsored Medicare-for-All.
Elizabeth Warren: $100 billion in multi-faceted program on opioid addiction.
Eric Swalwell: Invest in search for cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, ALS.
Jay Inslee: Declared emergency over measles anti-vaccination wave.
Joe Biden: Expand ObamaCare, but not Medicare-for-All.
John Delaney: Supports universal care, not Medicare-for-All.
John Hickenlooper: Implemented ObamaCare and expanded Medicaid in Colorado.
John Hickenlooper: Opposed Colorado publicly-financed healthcare.
Julian Castro: US should be the healthiest nation.
Marianne Williamson: Supports "Medicare-for-All model".
Michael Bennet: Public option rather than Medicare-for-All.
Tim Ryan: Has supported Obamacare & single payer.
Tulsi Gabbard: Supports Medicare-for-All but keep private insurance.
Annette Taddeo: Opposes DeSantis plan to have state military force.
Pete Buttigieg: Suffered post-deployment depression, but not PTSD.
Beto O`Rourke: Against border wall; against criminalizing asylum seekers.
Julian Castro: Reverse Muslim ban; Marshall Plan for Central America.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2000s: opposed amnesty for undocumented immigrants.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Split up functions of ICE.
Marianne Williamson: Pathway for DREAMers; illegal immigrants without records.
Michael Bennet: Path to citizenship for DREAMers; oppose family separation.
Bernie Sanders: Tax companies for public benefits used by workers.
Beto O`Rourke: Raise minimum wage to $15.
Cory Booker: Pilot program to fund jobs paying at least $15/hour.
Joe Biden: Increase minimum wage gradually.
John Delaney: Yes on boost to minimum wage to $15.
Principles & Values|
Brian Fitzpatrick: To compromise: 80% of something better than 100% of nothing.
John Bolton: Trump offered personal favors to foreign dictators.
Josh Gottheimer: To compromise: 80% of something better than 100% of nothing.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Pushed to oust Al Franken from Senate for sexual harassment.
Michael Bennet: Family includes Mayflower descendants & Holocaust survivors.
Pete Snyder: Discrepancies in IRS filing for non-profit on money raised.
Dean Phillips: Part of informal Jewish caucus when need arises.
Eric Swalwell: Raise cap on payroll tax so wealthy pay more.
Bill Weld: Favors cutting spending, cutting taxes.
Bernie Sanders: Top rate of 77% for estates over $1 billion.
Beto O`Rourke: Voted for oil tax; opposed 2017 tax legislation.
Cory Booker: Expand Earned Income Tax Credit.
Elizabeth Warren: Increase taxes on millionaires & billionaires.
Kamala Harris: Tax relief for middle class; repeal 2017 tax cuts.
Michael Bennet: Tax cuts for families; sponsored American Family Act.
Seth Moulton: For tax reform that doesn't favor the rich.
Tim Ryan: Against tax cuts; they're counterproductive.
Amy Klobuchar: Infrastructure the "top budget priority".
War & Peace|
Seth Moulton: Stand for national interests, but know end-game.
Welfare & Poverty|
Julian Castro: ConnectHome: Support affordable housing.
The above quotations are from Axios coverage of political news.