Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of Michigan political races in Detroit News
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Detroit News (number of quotes indicated):
- Abdul El-Sayed (2) Michigan Democratic candidate for Governor
- Bill Schuette (4) Michigan Republican candidate for governor of Michigan
- Colin Powell (1) Cabinet-2005
- Debbie Stabenow (1) Democrat U.S. Rep Michigan-8
- Gary Peters (1) Democrat (Senate run 2014) U.S. Rep Michigan-14
- James Craig (2) Michigan Republican challenger for Governor
- Jeb Bush (2) Florida Former FL Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jennifer Granholm (1) Michigan DOE Secretary
- John James (1) Republican U.S. Rep Michigan-10
- Mark Schauer (1) Michigan Democratic Challenger for Governor
- Rick Snyder (1) Michigan Republican Governor
- Rocky Raczkowski (3) Former Republican Challenger (2002) Michigan
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles in The Detroit News:
- 2024_MI_Senate: The Detroit News, "Slotkin, Barrett clash on economy, abortion in first TV debate," by Melissa Nann Burke, Sept. 25, 2022, (Link)
- On 2022_MI_Gov: "James Craig will challenge Whitmer for governor," by George Hunter, Nolan Finley & Christine Ferretti, May 7, 2021
- On 2022_MI_Gov: "Group wants Detroit police to stop holding graduations in churches," by George Hunter, Jan. 1, 2020
- On DOE Confirmation Hearings: "Massacres revive calls to strengthen Michigan's middling gun laws," by Jonathan Oosting and Beth LeBlanc, Aug 5, 2019
- (On Bill Schuette): Detroit News AdWatch on 2018 Michigan gubernatorial race, 6/18/2018
- (On Jeb Bush): Detroit News, "Right-to-rise society", 2/4/2015
- (On Debbie Stabenow): The Detroit News on 2018 Michigan Senate debates, 8/28/2018
- (On Bill Schuette): The Detroit News on 2018 Michigan gubernatorial race, 7/25/2018
- (On John James): The Detroit News on 2018 Michigan Senate race, 7/18/2017
- (On Abdul El-Sayed): The Detroit News on 2018 Michigan Gubernatorial race, 2/25/2017
- (On Abdul El-Sayed): The Detroit News on 2018 Michigan Gubernatorial race, 2/9/2017
- (On Mark Schauer & Rick Snyder): The Detroit News on 2014 Michigan Governor race, 12/11/2013
- (On Rocky Raczkowski): The Detroit News, "Levin, Raczkowski differ on economy", 9/2/2002
- (On Rocky Raczkowski): The Detroit News, "Senate Race Focuses on Health", 8/29/2002
- (On Colin Powell): Detroit News, 10/17/1995
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Jeb Bush: 6-year recovery has been slower than other comebacks.
Colin Powell: Didnít attend Million Man March, but respects it.
James Craig: Established LGBTQ outreach from Detroit police.
Debbie Stabenow: Supported recession bailouts saving the auto industry.
Bill Schuette: Advocate of partnerships between schools and companies.
Energy & Oil|
Bill Schuette: Joins lawsuit challenging Obama's Clean Power Plan.
Abdul El-Sayed: Advocate for environmental justice on lead exposure.
Bill Schuette: Charged 15 city and state officials for Flint water crisis.
John James: More military influence on the foreign policy team.
Rocky Raczkowski: Reform NAFTA: don't require importing garbage.
Jennifer Granholm: Regrets signing stand-your-ground law in 2006.
Rocky Raczkowski: Patients Rights with limited lawsuit damages.
Gary Peters: AdWatch: endorsed by VoteVets for military service.
Abdul El-Sayed: People who look like me are not sitting on the sidelines.
Mark Schauer: Opposes right-to-work law; protested on Capitol lawn.
Rick Snyder: Quietly signed law making Michigan a right-to-work state.
Rocky Raczkowski: Let market set minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Bill Schuette: Served 3 terms in Congress & then as state Attorney General.
James Craig: Rejects objections to police graduations held in church.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jeb Bush: Vision for a right-to-rise society.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of Michigan political races in Detroit News.