Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Heritage Action congressional voting recommendations
(Click for external website)
Click here for 33 full quotes from Heritage Foundation in the book Heritage Action.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Heritage Action congressional voting recommendations:
- DE HB75: Heritage Foundation, "Heritage Explains Podcast: The New Gay Marriage Bill," Sept. 26, 2022, (Link)
- Heritage Foundation press release on H.R.256 / S.J.Res.10 / H.R.3261: "Why Repealing the 1991 and 2002 Iraq War Authorizations Is Sound Policy," by Charles Stimson, January 6, 2020
- Heritage Action press release on H.R.8/S.529: "NO On Bipartisan Background Checks Act (H.R. 8)," Feb. 26, 2019
- Virgninia HB 227: Heritage Foundation press release, "The Necessity of the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act." February 21, 2019
- HR1-2019: Heritage Report: "The Facts About H.R. 1". 2/1/2019
- HR1-2017: Case for voting YES on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act by Heritage Foundation: (Dec. 19, 2017)
- Commentary by Nicolas Loris & Katie Tubb, "Paris Agreement" 6/1/2017
- NO on federal hiring freeze May 9, 2017
- YES on DC Choice Apr 28, 2016
- Hans A. von Spakovsky Commentary: "Sorry 4/20 Smokers: Legalizing Weed is a Dangerous Idea," Apr 21st, 2017
- NO on funding Planned Parenthood Mar 1, 2017
- NO on Lifeline subsidies, Feb 10, 2017
- YES on Term Limits Jan 26, 2017
- NO on Free College Jul 15, 2016
- NO on S.764, GMO labeling, Jul 14, 2016
- NO on VAWA, by David B. Muhlhausen, Jul 15, 2016
- YES on HR5538, OCS drilling, NO on diesel reduction subsidies, Jul 13, 2016
- NO on HR5293, military DREAMers, Jun 16, 2016
- NO on HR5055, gender identity, May 25, 2016
- YES on HR10, SOAR vouchers, Oct 21, 2015
- YES on HR5, A-PLUS, Jul 8, 2015
- NO on Ex-Im Bank May 1, 2015
- NO on HR1105, Death Tax, Apr 16, 2015
- YES on HR132, repealing ObamaCare, Feb 3, 2015
- YES on HR7, "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act", Jan 22, 2015
- YES on funding South Sudan Jan 22, 2014
- NO on Iranian nuke deal Nov 26, 2013
- DE HB39: Heritage Foundation, "Legalizing Marijuana: Why Citizens Should Just Say No," September 13, 2010, by Charles Stimson, (Link)
- NO on Palestine in ICC, Aug 18, 2009
- NO on Card Check Feb 21, 2007
- NO on NEA funding, Apr 29, 1997
- NO on anti-dumping rules Jul 21, 1992
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
No federal funding of abortion via ObamaCare health plans.
No taxpayer funding if health services include abortion.
Budget & Economy|
NEA is welfare for artists and the cultured upper-class.
Freedom Caucus fights establishment irresponsible spending.
Don't elevate gender identity as a protected class.
Arbitration limits trial lawyers and helps consumers.
Legalizing marijuana is a dangerous idea.
A-PLUS lets states escape No Child Left Behind.
Voucher schools are more successful than public schools.
Online & Voc-Ed programs, instead of free community college.
Energy & Oil|
Eliminate $100M for Diesel Emission Reduction program.
Drill for oil & gas in offshore OCS & Eastern Gulf of Mexico.
Withdraw from Paris Climate agreement & rely on innovation.
No federal labeling requirement for GMO products.
Families & Children|
Eliminate VAWA grants to save $428 million.
Disallow Palestine from joining ICC to threaten Israel.
Focus on humanitarian assistance in South Sudan.
Anti-dumping rules mean higher consumer prices.
Ex-Im Bank is a slush fund for corporate welfare.
Only incumbents and special interests oppose term limits.
Same-day voter registration promotes chaos & fraud.
Universal background checks don't prevent mass shootings.
Universal background checks do little to prevent violence.
Fully repealing ObamaCare is important, but not sufficient.
Trump's hiring freeze just shifts resources to DVA and DoD.
Ban DREAMer immigrants from military service.
Private union vote instead of card-check.
Death Tax is a pernicious double tax.
Lower taxes on businesses unleashes higher wages.
Cut Lifeline low-income broadband subsidies.
War & Peace|
Obama deal will marginally slow, but not halt, Iranian nukes.
Hold Assad accountable for his war crimes.
2002 Iraq AUMF is no longer necessary.
The above quotations are from Heritage Action congressional voting recommendations.