Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Interviews during 2017-2019, interviewing presidential hopefuls for 2020
This collection of excerpts comes from articles about and interviews of 2020 presidential hopefuls.
Speculation on 2020 presidential contenders (sources for issue excerpts):
- PoliticalWire.com, "Trump Struggles with Being a Loser Again," by Taegan Goddard, November 26, 2020
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on Jo Jorgensen, downloaded Oct. 2020
- AARP questionnaire, "Where Trump, Biden Stand on Major Issues," September 28, 2020
- New York Post, "Kanye West reportedly asked campaign staff to stop 'fornicating' outside of marriage," by Emily Jacobs, September 16, 2020
- New York Times, "Kanye West's Perplexing Run as a Potential 2020 Spoiler," by Danny Hakim and Maggie Haberman, Sept. 16, 2020
- New York Post Page Six, "Kanye West talks abortion, politics in Nick Cannon interview," by Emily Jacobs, September 2, 2020
- CampusElect Third Party Candidate Guide, Jo Jorgensen and Howie Hawkins, 8/30/2020
- New York Post, "Joe Biden's disastrous plans for America's suburbs," by Betsy McCaughey, July 21, 2020
- Insider e-zine, "Kanye West went on an emotional anti-abortion rant," by Ashley Collman, 7/20/2020
- ABC News, "West said 'marijuana should be free'," by Beatrice Peterson and Meredith Deliso, 7/20/2020
- South China Morning Post, "Tearful Kanye West rants about abortion, porn," by Reuters News Service, 7/20/2020
- Socialist Platform approved by the Party for Socialism and Liberation; final presidential/V.P. nomination August 3, 2020
- Socialist Party, "The PSL's 2020 Ten Point Socialist Campaign Program," on nominee website LaRiva2020.org, Aug. 2020
- Liberation News, "Gloria La Riva Condemns Israeli Annexation Plan," July 15, 2020
- Green Party Platform approved by the Green National Committee, convention July 9-12, 2020
- Forbes Magazine, "Kanye West Says He's Done With Trump," Jul 8, 2020
- KSL News Radio 102.7FM, "The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party," by Cami Mondeaux, July 5, 2020
- Tulsa Today, "Libertarian Presidential Campaign Launches from Tulsa," by Jonathan Bartlett, June 27, 2020
- Reform Party Platform approved at presidential nominating convention, June 22, 2020 [ReformParty.org faction]
- Reuters news service: "U.S. Democratic Party irked by council's 'insurgent' climate plan," by Trevor Hunnicutt & Valerie Volcovici, June 15, 2020
- WIZM 92.3 FM/1410 AM News Talk Radio, "The other Jo wants your 2020 vote, if you're fed up with the two-party system," by Rick Solem, June 13, 2020
- BeingLibertarian.com blog, "I'm With Her--Freedom Philosophy," by Brandon Kirby, May 27, 2020
- Libertarian Party Platform approved by the Libertarian National Convention; presidential nomination convention May 22-24, 2020
- National Action Network, "National Black Civil Rights Leaders Participate in Call With Democratic Presidential Nominee & Former VP Joe Biden," May 05, 2020
- Constitution Party Platform approved at presidential nominating convention, May 2, 2020 [ConstitutionParty.com]
- Reason magazine, "Justin Amash Wants To Be the First Libertarian President," by Nick Gillespie, 5.1.2020
- Politico e-zine, "Justin Amash Wants to Destroy the System that Created Trump," by Tim Alberta, 04/30/2020
- Fox News, "Jesse Ventura says he'll 'test the waters' for presidential bid," by Paul Steinhauser & Patrick Ward, April 27, 2020
- The New Yorker magazine, "Instead of Challenging Joe Biden, Maybe the Green Party Could Help Change Our Democracy," by Bill McKibben, April 15, 2020
- Slate.com e-zine: "Trump's 'Total Authority' Claim Has Rep. Justin Amash "Looking Closely" at Third-Party Run," by Elliot Hannon, April 14, 2020
- Medium.com: "New Steps to Ease Economic Burden on Working People," by Joe Biden, April 9, 2020
- Business Insider, "The Trump administration declined to use an Obama-era pandemic preparedness playbook, Politico reports," by Grace Panetta, Mar 26, 2020
- AdWatch: American Bridge 21st Century PAC ad against Donald Trump, by Democratic Party-related PAC, 3/21/2020
- The Independent (UK), "Video emerges showing Trump talking about cutting pandemic team in 2018," by Gino Spocchia, 17 March 2020
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, March 15, 2020
- Fox News Sunday, "Sen. Sanders on efforts to stop Biden's momentum," March 8, 2020.
- CNN "State of the Union" interviews of Vice President Mike Pence and former Vice President Joe Biden, March 1, 2020
- The Lawton Constitution, "Roque 'Rocky' de la Fuente," Mar 1, 2020
- CNN K-File, "Bloomberg once said Social Security was the biggest Ponzi scheme," by Andrew Kaczynski, Em Steck and Nathan McDermott, February 26, 2020
- CNN K-file, "Bloomberg once said Social Security was the biggest Ponzi scheme and argued for cuts to entitlements," by Andrew Kaczynski, Em Steck and Nathan McDermott, February 26, 2020
- PoliticalWire.com,"Bloomberg Proposes $5 Trillion in Taxes on the Rich," by Taegan Goddard, February 1, 2020
- Orlando Sentinel, "A new future for Puerto Rico includes making it our 51st state," by Michael Bloomberg, Jan 27, 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Patrick backs reparations in unveiling 'Equity Agenda for Black Americans'," by Rebecca Klar, 01/20/20
- CNBC's Personal Finance series: "Here's what top Democratic presidential candidates could say about Social Security," by Lorie Konish, Jan 14 2020
- The Guardian, "Biden Hints He Opposed Obama's Controversial Deportation Policy," by Jennifer Epstein, January 11, 2020
- Reason magazine, "Lincoln Chafee Seeks Libertarian Party Presidential Nomination," by Brian Doherty, 1.6.2020
- Reason magazine, "Lincoln Chafee, Former Republican Senator and Independent Governor, Seeks Libertarian Party Presidential Nomination," by Brian Doherty ,1.6.2020
- Los Angeles Times, "2020 candidate Michael Bloomberg says he doesn't regret backing Iraq war," by Michael Finnegan, Jan. 6, 2020
- More citations from 2019 and earlier...
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kanye West: Planned Parenthood founded for eugenics against blacks.
Gloria La Riva: Repeal the Hyde Amendment.
Kanye West: Pay a million per kid to discourage abortion.
Kanye West: I am pro-life because I'm following the word of the Bible.
Rocky De La Fuente: Reform Party takes no stance on abortion.
Jo Jorgensen: Individuals own their bodies; can't violate those rights.
Don Blankenship: Unconscionable to take life of child for crimes of father.
Justin Amash: Pro-life: works through discussion, not legislation.
Joe Walsh: Science, technology removes exceptions for abortion.
Joe Walsh: 1996: pro-choice; 2010: pro-life without exception.
Bernie Sanders: No anti-choice appointments to Supreme Court.
Bill de Blasio: Supports abortion rights & funding Planned Parenthood.
Pete Buttigieg: Federal government should protect reproductive freedom.
Seth Moulton: Strongly supports woman's right to choose.
Pete Buttigieg: Abortion is moral question decided by woman, not government.
Howard Schultz: Pro-choice, but against third trimester abortion.
John Hickenlooper: Women have the right control their own health care.
Beto O`Rourke: Oppose limiting abortions to under 20 weeks of pregnancy.
John Hickenlooper: Supports access to abortion.
Jay Inslee: Allow taxpayer-funded family planning clinics.
Bernie Sanders: Few or no government limits on abortion.
Bill Weld: Remove anti-abortion language from GOP platform.
Amy Klobuchar: Make abortions safe and make them rare.
Julian Castro: Opposed Texas blocking abortions after 20 weeks.
Elizabeth Warren: Legal abortions are safer than tonsillectomies.
Kamala Harris: Don't limit abortions to the first 20 weeks of pregnancy.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Fewer limits on abortion; no 20-week ban.
Tulsi Gabbard: Abortion should remain legal and accessible.
Julian Castro: Allow abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
Eric Garcetti: Pro-choice.
Tom Steyer: Pro-choice is a litmus test for all support.
Mike Pence: Tie-breaker vote to defund Planned Parenthood.
Oprah Winfrey: Too young for Roe V. Wade to avoid botched abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Howie Hawkins: Steady-state economy better than increasing GDP.
Rocky De La Fuente: Transportation & infrastructure are critical to our success.
Jo Jorgensen: Voluntary funding & Balanced Budget Amendment.
Don Blankenship: Eliminate debt by selling federal assets.
Justin Amash: Relief payments should go to people, not corporations.
Justin Amash: Would support universal monthly cash relief for everyone.
Joe Biden: Recovery package must provide state aid, hazard pay.
Democratic Party: AdWatch: Trump takes no responsibility for coronavirus panic.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Trump should take responsibility for corona panic.
Lincoln Chafee: Dedicated to curbing $22.6 trillion debt.
Bill Weld: There's no such thing as government money.
Mark Sanford: Debt & deficit numbers bode trouble for future.
Joe Walsh: Those who attacked Obama's spending should attack Trump's.
Mark Sanford: Republican Party has lost its way on debt & spending.
Howie Hawkins: Income gap between rich and everyone else has grown.
Howie Hawkins: Income gap between rich and everyone else has grown.
Pete Buttigieg: Government investment can help minority businesses.
Andrew Yang: Measure standard of living instead of GDP.
Pete Buttigieg: We should support workers going through changes.
Bill Weld: Balance the Federal budget as states do.
Bill Weld: Top priority: zero-based budgeting; cut spending; cut taxes.
Jay Inslee: Leading state in job growth & personal-income growth.
Tom Steyer: Trump's $1T deficit is historic fiscal mismanagement.
Mark Sanford: Shouldn't trade increased spending for tax reform.
Donald Trump: Government must cut spending more.
Jo Jorgensen: Some laws disproportionately victimize people of color.
Donald Trump: Agrees vibrant economy key to addressing racial tensions.
Joe Biden: Our nation is at an inflection point.
Jo Jorgensen: Add gender identity to anti-discrimination laws.
Gloria La Riva: Oppose making English an official language.
Gloria La Riva: Lower voting age to 15.
Joe Biden: Require suburbs to open up to low-income housing.
Howie Hawkins: Support International Bill of Rights for Women.
Kanye West: Never registered to vote before; Democrats "threatened" him.
Rocky De La Fuente: Reform Party takes no stance on gay marriage.
Jo Jorgensen: Oppose government aid to or attack of any religion.
Jo Jorgensen: State licensing any marriage is illegitimate practice.
Justin Amash: The Fourteenth Amendment is my favorite amendment.
Donald Trump: Treat Judaism as nationality, not just religion.
Elizabeth Warren: Federal government helped create racial divide, must fix it.
Rocky De La Fuente: Successfully challenged ballot access laws and regulations.
Gloria La Riva: Longtime supporter of LGBTQ rights; in first march in 1979.
Joe Walsh: It's racist to say "go back to where you came from".
Justin Amash: Proposed amendment to curb warrantless surveillance.
Justin Amash: Real threat to marriage & religion is government, not gays.
Bill Weld: Republican Party should reject immoral choice of racism.
Amy Klobuchar: Government must address integrity of elections.
Julian Castro: Supports reparations commission, we need healing process.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Let ex-cons vote; address racism in criminal justice.
Pete Buttigieg: Problem about me being gay means problem with my creator.
Pete Buttigieg: Address racial divide by showing up & building trust.
Wayne Messam: We must face institutional racism across the board.
Cory Booker: Yes to reparations, but as part of larger conversation.
Cory Booker: Will fight for LGBTQ rights; everyone should feel safe.
Andrew Yang: Supports LGBTQ rights.
John Hickenlooper: Supports gay marriage and LGBTQ rights.
Jay Inslee: Backed legalizing same-sex marriage in his state.
Bernie Sanders: 1983: Approved "Gay Rights Day" in Burlington Vermont.
Bill Weld: Supports gay marriage.
Kamala Harris: Reparations for blacks should include HBCU and reforms.
Amy Klobuchar: Anti-gay discrimination is bad for business.
Howard Schultz: Starbucks did little to stop sexual harassment of employees.
Kamala Harris: Let transgender people access the bathroom of their choice.
Tulsi Gabbard: Views on LGBT rights evolved; 100% rating from HRC.
Kirsten Gillibrand: End the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
Cory Booker: Parents experienced racist "redlining" at family home in NJ.
Howard Dean: 2004: I wore a bullet-proof vest to argue for civil unions.
Tulsi Gabbard: Regrets past anti-gay statements; now pro-LGBTQ+ rights.
Tulsi Gabbard: 2002: Amend Constitution to protect traditional marriage.
Tulsi Gabbard: 2004: We shouldn't represent views of homosexual extremists.
Tulsi Gabbard: 2012: Apologized for anti-LGBT past; pro-LGBT bills now.
George P. Bush: Allow Muslims in leadership roles in state Republican Party.
Ted Cruz: Allow Muslims in leadership roles in state Republican Party.
John Kasich: Strongly opposed "bathroom bills" against transgender people.
Deval Patrick: 1985: defended community activists in Alabama voter case.
Howard Schultz: Race Together: conversation on race with all Starbucks staff.
Tom Steyer: African-Americans waited for centuries for civil rights.
Oprah Winfrey: Define marriage to include monogamous same-sex couples.
Tulsi Gabbard: Against gay marriage but no government morality.
Pete Buttigieg: Freedom is personal, not about government regulation.
Pete Buttigieg: Came out as gay, to inspire others to judge character.
Joe Walsh: Suspended from radio show for discussing racial slurs.
Oprah Winfrey: Credits the civil rights movement for her pathway to success.
Jo Jorgensen: Government over-regulates private businesses.
Gloria La Riva: Reregulation of the banking and insurance industries.
Gloria La Riva: Breakup large media companies, re-regulate industry.
Howie Hawkins: Break up largest banks so that none is too big to fail.
Howie Hawkins: Amend Constitution: corporations are not persons.
Rocky De La Fuente: Eliminate special interest exemptions & corporate welfare.
Bernie Sanders: Nothing personal against billionaires, but enough is enough.
Mike Bloomberg: $5 trillion in new revenue from high earners & corporations.
Pete Buttigieg: Capitalism is good, but it must be subject to rules.
Elizabeth Warren: Use anti-trust to break up anti-competitive businesses.
Elizabeth Warren: Breakup online monopolies; wealth shouldn't be concentrated.
Bill de Blasio: Amazon exemplifies abuse of corporate power by leaving NYC.
Howard Schultz: Rich should pay higher taxes, and corporations too.
John Delaney: Raise corporate taxes to pay for infrastructure.
Kamala Harris: New fees on banks and financial institutions.
Bill de Blasio: Plenty of money in NYC, but it's in the wrong hands.
Beto O`Rourke: Raise corporate rates to fund higher education.
Elizabeth Warren: Wants workers to choose 40% of corporate boards.
Howard Schultz: American Dream can't be accessible only in right zip code.
Marco Rubio: Big corporations gave out bonuses instead of reinvesting.
Tom Steyer: Trump puts corporate interests ahead of people's interests.
Joe Sestak: Favors increasing corporate tax rate & restoring estate tax.
Joe Walsh: Occupy Wall Street is a well-orchestrated Socialist movement.
Joe Walsh: Index capital gains tax to inflation.
Jo Jorgensen: Take the profit out of locking up citizens.
Jo Jorgensen: End no-knock raids, qualified immunity, militarized police.
Gloria La Riva: Allow prisoners to unionize to negotiate living conditions.
Howie Hawkins: Ban private prisons; moratorium on prison construction.
Kanye West: I'm against the death penalty.
Kanye West: One of my to-do lists is to end police brutality.
Jo Jorgensen: Repeal all victimless crime laws: gambling, drugs, sex.
Justin Amash: Take accusations seriously, but follow due process.
Don Blankenship: Served sentence, called himself a "political prisoner".
Justin Amash: Introduced legislation to end federal death penalty.
Donald Trump: Central Park 5 admitted guilt; exoneration doesn't matter.
Beto O`Rourke: 1995 burglary arrest: charges dropped by U. Texas.
John Hickenlooper: Record of being pro-active against police misconduct.
John Hickenlooper: Suspend death penalty; it's too random & doesn't deter.
Donald Trump: Keep death penalty; don't forget the victims.
Cory Booker: Make lynching a hate crime.
Kamala Harris: Progressive prosecutor: fix broken criminal justice system.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Advocate for victims of sexual assault.
Tom Steyer: Backs bill to release accused criminals who can't pay bail.
Bill de Blasio: NYC enjoying major drop in crime rate.
Deval Patrick: Wrote letters to parole board for convicted rapist.
Deval Patrick: I don't need to be lectured about crime.
Jo Jorgensen: End laws against victimless crimes, including drug laws.
Jo Jorgensen: Legalize marijuana; end war on drugs.
Kanye West: Marijuana should be free.
Howie Hawkins: End war on drugs: for legalization, treatment of abuse.
Pete Buttigieg: Marijuana is personal responsibility issue; move to legalize.
Donald Trump: Opposed allowing vets access to legal cannabis.
Beto O`Rourke: 1998 drunk driving: arresting officers say he tried to flee.
Andrew Yang: Decriminalize opiates & marijuana, but not cocaine.
Julian Castro: Crack down on traffickers of dangerous drugs like fentanyl.
Julian Castro: Legalize and regulate marijuana; expunge criminal records.
Jay Inslee: Opposed marijuana legalization; now sees it as success.
Cory Booker: Decriminalize marijuana; expunge past criminal records.
John Hickenlooper: Marijuana legalization works, but leave it to states.
Amy Klobuchar: Reduce sentences for non-violent drug offenders.
Amy Klobuchar: Opioid companies should fund addiction treatment.
Bill Weld: Accept benefits of cannabis; allow vets and seniors to use.
Cory Booker: Legalize marijuana federally, plus state incentives.
Kamala Harris: Legalize marijuana: it gives a lot of people joy.
Beto O`Rourke: Treat drug abuse as public health issue, not criminal.
Joe Biden: 1981: Militarized domestic police against drugs.
John Kasich: Make low-level drug use a misdemeanor; treatment not prison.
John Hickenlooper: Failed War on Drugs paved way for pot legalization.
Lincoln Chafee: Lobbied DEA to reclassify marijuana for medical use.
Lincoln Chafee: Not proud of trying cocaine as college student.
Jo Jorgensen: Arm teachers to keep kids safe at school.
Jo Jorgensen: Opposes federally funded free college tuition.
Gloria La Riva: End unpaid internships; allow student workers to unionize.
Gloria La Riva: Forgiveness of all outstanding federal student loans.
Gloria La Riva: Schools should reflect community; students on school boards.
Donald Trump: We're not going to fund schools if they don't open.
Howie Hawkins: Free college tuition for qualified students; abolish loans.
Howie Hawkins: Increased funding for the arts as essential.
Kanye West: Reinstate the fear and love of God in all schools.
Rocky De La Fuente: Empower parents and older children; personalized curriculum.
Don Blankenship: Tax relief for families whose children not in public school.
Justin Amash: Education key to fixing wealth gap, leave it at state level.
Joe Biden: Plan to forgive federal student debt & ease repayment burden.
Andrew Yang: Pay teachers enough to attract and retain the best.
Julian Castro: Invest in public schools, pre-K through higher ed.
Jay Inslee: Cut college tuition; provide assistance to neediest.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Strongly support education, but one size doesn't fit all.
Wayne Messam: Relieve graduates of "crippling debt" from college loans.
Cory Booker: Support public education including some charter schools.
Cory Booker: Free community college; loan forgiveness; apprenticeships.
John Hickenlooper: Free skills training & free community college.
Amy Klobuchar: Free community college; expand Pell Grants.
Bill Weld: Control of education by states and parents, more choice.
Howard Schultz: Hold colleges responsible, but help students handle debt.
Kamala Harris: Free tuition at four-year public colleges.
Elizabeth Warren: Support teacher unions on this time of crisis.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Make public higher education debt-free.
Tulsi Gabbard: Tuition-free community college for all.
Julian Castro: Two free years of higher education.
Beto O`Rourke: Investment in public education pays off.
Marco Rubio: Bad idea to arm teachers against school shootings.
David Koch: Push for education savings accounts on state ballots.
Oprah Winfrey: Changing the way people think starts with education.
Tom Steyer: Opportunity Institute: cradle to career approach.
Bernie Sanders: Fix No-Child-Left-Behind with Every-Student-Succeeds-Act.
Bill de Blasio: Add two Muslim holidays to public school vacation schedule.
Energy & Oil|
Jo Jorgensen: No subsidies for energy, withdraw Paris Climate Accords.
Howie Hawkins: End nuclear power, offshore drilling, & fracking.
Howie Hawkins: Free mass transit; reduce energy use 50%.
Rocky De La Fuente: Increase fossil fuels, but emphasize alternatives as well.
Joe Biden: Transition to renewable energy; allow fracking for now.
Jo Jorgensen: Nuclear more efficient then wind and solar power.
Don Blankenship: Reject man-made global warning, refuted by scientists.
Justin Amash: Loves wind, solar, and nuclear, via private companies.
Lincoln Chafee: Don't deny climate change: deal with it.
Joe Walsh: No more partisanship on climate change, it's real.
Bernie Sanders: Not enough to beat Trump; must beat fossil fuel industry.
Bill de Blasio: Supports Green New Deal & Paris Climate Accords.
Seth Moulton: Member of the Climate Solutions Caucus in Congress.
Howie Hawkins: Green New Deal can close racial income gap.
Jay Inslee: Keep options open, including research on nuclear energy.
Julian Castro: Cut carbon emissions; invest in renewable energy.
Jay Inslee: Decarbonize economy; fund transition for coal/oil workers.
Jay Inslee: Research nuclear energy; many problems unsolved.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Put a price on carbon: supports Green New Deal.
Andrew Yang: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Bernie Sanders: Perfect score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Cory Booker: Leadership in dealing with climate change, including nuclear.
Cory Booker: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Donald Trump: Establish panel devoted to challenging climate science.
Elizabeth Warren: Perfect score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Jay Inslee: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
John Delaney: Zero score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
John Hickenlooper: Zero score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Kirsten Gillibrand: Perfect score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
Tulsi Gabbard: Mixed score on "350 Action's 2020 Climate Test".
John Hickenlooper: Work with environmentalists & industry to get to solutions.
Beto O`Rourke: Return to Paris climate agreement.
Pete Buttigieg: Climate security is priority, invest in renewables.
Jay Inslee: Fighting climate change crucial, and profitable.
John Kasich: I've evolved on climate change: stop denying it.
John Kasich: Subsidies for electric vehicles and renewables.
John Kasich: Centrist climate policy: price for carbon dioxide emissions.
Howie Hawkins: Claims to be the "original Green New Dealer".
Green Party: Reorganize society to accomplish Green New Deal.
Howie Hawkins: I'm the original Green New Dealer, since 2010.
Amy Klobuchar: Green New Deal opens discussion on climate change.
Bill Weld: Climate change dangers are real; rejoin Paris Accords.
Howard Schultz: Green New Deal is unrealistic at $40 trillion.
Amy Klobuchar: Rejoin Paris climate deal; meet UN goals.
Pete Buttigieg: Green New Deal is a framework addressing climate & jobs.
Kamala Harris: Don't withdraw from the Paris climate accord.
Elizabeth Warren: Supports the idea of a Green New Deal.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Limit then cap-and-trade carbon emissions.
Tulsi Gabbard: No more fossil fuels for electricity by 2050.
Julian Castro: Rejoin the Paris Climate Treaty.
Jay Inslee: Decade-long track record on climate change.
Jay Inslee: Climate change threatens environment & national security.
Jay Inslee: Spur green R&D; restrict power plants and emissions.
Jay Inslee: Establish solar-cell; expand use of electric ferries.
John Hickenlooper: Pro-environment but there's room for fossil fuels.
Pope Francis: Climate change is a critical problem that must be addressed.
Tom Steyer: NextGen Climate: $170 million to advance renewable energy.
Tom Steyer: Fears current policies will subsidize fossil fuel extraction.
Tom Steyer: Supports Paris agreement to develop renewable technology.
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: Do even more with endless supply of wind and sun.
Tom Steyer: Proposed 10% on oil extraction to support university system.
Tom Steyer: Fought gutting state greenhouse gas reduction law.
John Kasich: Opposed Yucca Mountain nuclear waste facility.
Gloria La Riva: Support family farms that treat livestock humanely.
Gloria La Riva: Support use of recycled materials in public projects.
Howie Hawkins: Polluters should have burden of proof of safe practices.
Howie Hawkins: Strengthen Endangered Species & Clean Water Act.
Howie Hawkins: Shut down waste incinerators; phase out landfills.
Kanye West: Chemicals affect our ability to be of service to God.
Jo Jorgensen: Companies able to pollute because government caps liability.
Don Blankenship: Repeal wetlands protection & Endangered Species Act.
Donald Trump: Why not nuke hurricanes to stop them from hitting US?
Don Blankenship: Mine Safety agency forced bad ventilation that exploded.
Wayne Messam: Supports fighting climate change.
Kamala Harris: 100% lifetime score from the League of Conservation Voters.
John Kasich: Properly balance environmental stewardship and job creation.
John Kasich: Eliminate NOAA; let DOI safeguard natural resources.
John Kasich: Reduce Erie pollution with tougher fertilizer regulations.
John Kasich: Mandate best practices to reduce farm fertilizer runoff.
Don Blankenship: Environmental movement not great cause but great business.
Families & Children|
Joe Biden: Invest $450 billion so people needing care can stay at home.
Kanye West: Asks staff to refrain from fornicating outside of marriage.
Kanye West: The culture of humanity needs to be family.
Kanye West: Birthday Lake: mothers safely experience pregnancy & birth.
Howie Hawkins: Criminalize purchasers of sex, not the prostitutes.
Don Blankenship: Porn distorts sex created by God; enforce obscenity laws.
Don Blankenship: Oppose adoption of children homosexual singles or couples.
Pete Buttigieg: Not going to take family values lectures from Rush Limbaugh.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Sexual assault and harassment must be treated seriously.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Shouldn't have to choose between caregiving and job.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Pro-vaccines, not sure if they should be Federally mandated.
Bill Weld: 2000: Supported Family Leave Act, except paid leave.
Cory Booker: Opposes family separation policy at southern border.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Make childcare more affordable and accessible.
Tulsi Gabbard: 2000: Don't let gay activists force their values on our kids.
Bill de Blasio: Signs legislation protecting against sexual harassment.
Marco Rubio: Increased child tax credit plus paid family leave.
Tom Steyer: Republicans have traded their family values for power.
Ben Sasse: Wrote book about middle class:"The Vanishing American Adult".
Mike Pence: Does not eat or drink with women other than his wife.
Kanye West: Praises Mideast peace treaties; expects Israel-Saudi next.
Gloria La Riva: Demands an end of U.S. aid to the state of Israel.
Howie Hawkins: Self-determination for Kurdish people.
Howie Hawkins: Supports a Palestinian right of return, and a single state.
Howie Hawkins: Member of the community of nations; not above it.
Don Blankenship: NATO serves no US defense purpose; we should withdraw.
Justin Amash: We need to be engaged with the world.
Tom Steyer: America's brand in the world our most important protection.
Joe Walsh: Steadfastly support NATO.
Donald Trump: Refuses to consider mass killings of Armenians as genocide.
Bill Weld: China promised two systems for Hong Kong; we're watching.
Bill Weld: Support democracy, the rule of law, and prosperity in Africa.
Bill Weld: Multi-party talks to resolve Venezuelan situation.
Gloria La Riva: Won Cuba's Friendship Medal for opposing US blockade.
Bill Weld: Foreign-owned debt poses national security problem.
Donald Trump: Postpone meeting with Denmark if no Greenland discussion.
Donald Trump: Buying Greenland is strategically interesting.
Joe Sestak: Restore U.S. status abroad; protect American dream at home.
Bernie Sanders: Even-handed Mideast policy; open to moving Jerusalem embassy.
Bernie Sanders: Must support human rights, even with trading partners.
Julian Castro: 21st century Marshall Plan for Central and Latin America.
Julian Castro: Rebuild alliances & reclaim role as world leader.
Donald Trump: Support goals of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Joe Biden: Work with NATO, with U.S. as the indispensable leader.
Pete Buttigieg: Use diplomatic strategies in Venezuela, not military.
John Hickenlooper: Supports a strong NATO, strengthening ties with allies.
Jay Inslee: Welcome Syrian refugees.
Joe Biden: US can't do it alone: stay engaged in the world.
Amy Klobuchar: Stand with our allies, invest in diplomacy.
Howard Schultz: China is not an ally, but we need to work with them.
Cory Booker: Re-examine relationship with Saudi Arabia.
Tulsi Gabbard: Defends meeting Syria's Assad; supports Trump on North Korea.
John Kasich: America First should not be America Alone.
John Kasich: Cooperation and engagement instead of "Fortress America".
John Kasich: China is converting economic power into regional influence.
John Kasich: Opportunity to cooperate with China instead of containment.
Lindsey Graham: Recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel.
Tulsi Gabbard: Skeptical of Iran nuclear deal.
Tulsi Gabbard: Supports Egyptian dictator in fight against terrorism.
Tulsi Gabbard: Against criticizing India's treatment of Muslims.
Tulsi Gabbard: U.S. should focus on fighting terrorism, not regime change.
Lincoln Chafee: After Iraq war, we have to repair American credibility.
Lincoln Chafee: Outspoken backer of Iran nuclear agreement.
Joe Walsh: Two-state solution for Israel-Palestine failed for 64 years.
Gloria La Riva: Support global transformation from capitalism to socialism.
Rocky De La Fuente: American citizens' economic security takes priority.
Bernie Sanders: Americans have to compete with people making pennies an hour.
Mike Bloomberg: China tariff--2015: incalculable damage; 2019: not damaging.
Joe Walsh: Everybody loses in a trade war with China.
Mark Sanford: Investment cratering; no one knows what's coming next.
Joe Walsh: Tariffs are a tax increase on middle-class Americans.
Julian Castro: Protect American workers but take part in global economy.
Beto O`Rourke: Support NAFTA and TPP.
John Hickenlooper: No tariffs on goods from China and Europe.
Bill Weld: Return to free trade; tariffs counterproductive.
Donald Trump: Nominates opponent of World Bank to lead World Bank.
Howard Schultz: Trump's tariff war is a strategic mistake.
John Delaney: Supports the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Julian Castro: Renegotiate NAFTA to protect workers & environment.
Cory Booker: No fast-track trade authority for Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Renegotiate NAFTA; add environmental protections.
Julian Castro: Renegotiate NAFTA.
John Delaney: Supports trade but government must help those it has hurt.
John Hickenlooper: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
John Kasich: Review trade violations without heavy-handed tariffs.
John Kasich: Combat Chinese dumping and currency manipulation.
John Kasich: Trade was not responsible for job losses; technology was.
John Kasich: Support TPP to eliminate 18,000 foreign tariffs on US goods.
Marco Rubio: Bring back American car-manufacturing via high automation.
Bill de Blasio: NAFTA was a disaster; we will not repeat mistake with TPP.
Kanye West: Liberal racists worry about splitting the black vote.
Jo Jorgensen: No photo ID for voting unless easy to get.
Gloria La Riva: Uniform ballot access; eliminate Electoral College.
Howie Hawkins: Universal voter registration; statehood for DC.
Howie Hawkins: Open debates to third parties on sufficient ballots.
Joe Biden: Commit to appointing a Black woman to the Supreme Court.
Don Blankenship: Repeal 17th amendment; end direct election of senators.
Don Blankenship: Oppose National Popular Vote proposal to elect president.
Don Blankenship: Oppose statehood for DC & Puerto Rico.
Justin Amash: For limited government, not total Presidential authority.
Joe Biden: Statehood good for Puerto Rico, and our whole country.
Bernie Sanders: Rotate judges on Supreme Court, like term limits.
Pete Buttigieg: Citizens United was a disaster for our democracy.
Andrew Yang: Supports statehood for DC & Puerto Rico.
Julian Castro: Require candidates to release tax returns.
Julian Castro: We need election security against foreign interference.
Pete Buttigieg: Make Supreme Court appointments less partisan.
Bernie Sanders: Require disclosure of campaign expenditures over $10,000.
Bill Weld: Blow up unnecessary state agencies.
Amy Klobuchar: Honest Ads Act: no more foreign meddling in elections.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Overturn Citizens United; refuse corporate PAC donations.
Elizabeth Warren: Supports a lifetime ban on officials becoming lobbyists.
Tom Steyer: Looking for old fashioned values, character and transparency.
Mark Sanford: Trump not releasing returns hurts democracy's transparency.
Jesse Ventura: I believe there should be term limits.
Pete Buttigieg: Created plan to ensure diversity in city government jobs.
Howie Hawkins: Senators for 20% can block bills favored by 80%.
Gloria La Riva: Support right of working class to own and bear arms.
Jo Jorgensen: Against new gun restrictions & lawsuits by gun victims.
Don Blankenship: Repeal federal firearms legislation, end "Gun Free Zones".
Lincoln Chafee: Distrust of government is reason for 2d Amendment advocacy.
Lincoln Chafee: Distrust of government is reason for 2nd Amendment.
Joe Walsh: Kinderguardian satire: "Happy shooting, kids".
Bill de Blasio: Project Fast Track focuses on gangs & illegal guns.
Seth Moulton: Ban bump stocks; bar terrorists from gun purchases.
Eric Swalwell: Banning assault weapons does not mean broad gun ban.
Andrew Yang: Treat guns the way we treat motor vehicles.
Julian Castro: Sensible gun laws, and address mental health issues.
Jay Inslee: Lost seat over assault weapons bill; confront NRA again.
Pete Buttigieg: Common sense gun control can work under Second Amendment.
Wayne Messam: Opposed state law preventing discussion of gun control.
Cory Booker: Consensus on common sense gun laws; ready to fight NRA.
John Hickenlooper: Mental illness & weak gun laws both contribute to violence.
Bernie Sanders: Ban assault weapons; automatic background checks.
Amy Klobuchar: Commonsense gun laws have wide support.
Howard Schultz: Honor Second Amendment but enact sensible gun laws.
Julian Castro: Supports background checks at gun shows & assault weapon ban.
Cory Booker: Require background checks; ban assault weapons.
Kamala Harris: No reason we have assault weapons in a civil society.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Ban high-capacity magazines; close gun-show loophole.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2006: "A" rating from NRA; 2019: apologizes.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Embarrassed at previous NRA "A" rating; now rated "F".
Tulsi Gabbard: Ban assault weapons; require universal background checks.
Julian Castro: Ban assault weapons.
Jay Inslee: Arming teachers with guns is ridiculous.
Beto O`Rourke: Supports Second Amendment with sensible gun laws.
John Kasich: Learn from mass shooting tragedies and take action.
Kamala Harris: We cannot tolerate society with our babies being slaughtered.
Tom Steyer: Targets youth voter registration for pro gun control votes.
Marco Rubio: Ban bump stocks; limit magazine size; more background checks.
John Kasich: We need bipartisan gun reform to deal with mass shootings.
John Kasich: Background checks and increased attention to mental illness.
Oprah Winfrey: Advocate for increased restrictions on gun control.
Joe Walsh: Purpose of Second Amendment is protection against tyranny.
Lincoln Chafee: 2014: B+ rating from Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.
Howard Schultz: 2013: Requested customers not bring guns to Starbucks.
Joe Walsh: Fast and Furious: an attack on gun owners & gun dealers.
Donald Trump: Improve Medicare by looking for fraud, waste and abuse.
Joe Biden: Allow serious return on investment in new drugs, not gouging.
Gloria La Riva: Support right to die/assisted suicide.
Kanye West: Vaccines are the mark of the beast.
Don Blankenship: Eliminate the Food and Drug Administration.
Justin Amash: Private market with government backstop at state level.
Joe Biden: COVID19: make sure there's free testing & free treatment.
Joe Biden: Lower Medicare eligibility age to 60.
Bernie Sanders: Wrong to give company exclusive rights to drug treatment.
Democratic Party: AdWatch: Trump called coronavirus "their hoax" & "fake news".
Donald Trump: AdWatch: Trump called coronavirus "their hoax" & "fake news".
Donald Trump: Cut pandemic response team in 2018, denied knowing about it.
Joe Biden: Coronavirus: Let the scientists speak; let them prepare us.
Rocky De La Fuente: Catastrophic insurance best way to reassess health care.
Mike Bloomberg: 2011: We're going to cut back Medicaid and Medicare.
Donald Trump: The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.
Donald Trump: 2014: Criticized Ebola czar; 2019: put Pence in charge.
Bernie Sanders: Medicare-for-All will lead to stability, not disruption.
Michael Bennet: Public option better than Medicare for All.
Seth Moulton: Improve ObamaCare but not single-payer.
Andrew Yang: Public option would cost less than present system.
Jay Inslee: Public option; more access to Medicare by lowering age.
Julian Castro: Medicare for all, but allow private insurance.
Jay Inslee: Lower eligibility for Medicare; provide public option.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Transition to Medicare for all through public option.
Mitt Romney: Repeal Obamacare; Federal-state partnerships instead.
Wayne Messam: Health Care is a right, not a privilege.
Cory Booker: Medicare for all; start with commonsense reforms.
John Hickenlooper: Against single payer; supports public option.
Andrew Yang: ObamaCare is only a good first step.
Beto O`Rourke: Medicare-X: government-run public option.
Pete Buttigieg: Public option is step towards universal care.
Jay Inslee: Take initial steps towards universal health care.
Amy Klobuchar: Medicare-for-All for the future; public option now.
Bill Weld: Supports increased Medicaid access.
Bill Weld: More consumer choice instead of single-payer.
Howard Schultz: ObamaCare is ok, but Medicare-for-All goes too far.
Howard Schultz: President must take responsibility for V.A.
Amy Klobuchar: Expand Medicare to age 55.
Amy Klobuchar: Allow Medicare to directly negotiate prices.
Bernie Sanders: Pharma companies should justify high drug prices.
John Delaney: No Medicare for All, but yes universal health care.
Julian Castro: Would tax the richest to fund Medicare for All.
Cory Booker: Allow importing prescription drugs to lower Rx prices.
Cory Booker: Backs Medicare-for-All.
Kamala Harris: End private health insurance with Medicare for All.
Howard Schultz: Single-payer health care is a false promise.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Basic Health Program: offer lower-priced health insurance.
Tulsi Gabbard: Supports Medicare-for-All; tax wealthiest 5% to pay for it.
Julian Castro: Medicare for all, paid for by tax on wealthy.
Beto O`Rourke: Open to different ways to get to universal health care.
Bernie Sanders: Impose Medicaid requirements on states.
Eric Garcetti: I'm a single-payer guy.
Steve Bullock: Protect ObamaCare before pushing to expand further.
Tom Steyer: We need transparency on all drug prices.
Jo Jorgensen: Bring our troops home from foreign bases.
Gloria La Riva: Abolish CIA, NSA, FBI; disband NATO.
Donald Trump: Fort renaming: I don't care what the military says.
Howie Hawkins: Abolish nuclear weapons, WMDs, and land mines.
Howie Hawkins: Better care & support services for veterans.
Don Blankenship: Terrorism no excuse to violate 4th, 5th amendments.
Don Blankenship: Oppose conscription; register for the draft.
Don Blankenship: Opposed to U.S. forces serving under foreign command.
Bill de Blasio: Coronavirus: We need federalized dynamic as in wartime.
Joe Walsh: Take seriously the dangers of Islamic terrorism.
Gloria La Riva: Opposed collection of citizens' digital communications.
Justin Amash: Wants to close Guantanamo prison.
Mark Sanford: Biggest national security threat is debt and deficit.
Mike Pence: Voted to keep ban on openly gay members of the military.
Seth Moulton: Focus on cybersecurity to deal with real threats to US.
Amy Klobuchar: Voted for 95% of military spending bills in Congress.
Andrew Yang: Too much military spending focuses in decades-old threats.
Beto O`Rourke: Supported 11th aircraft carrier; opposed 1% military cut.
Cory Booker: Supports military spending on Foreign Affairs Committee.
Elizabeth Warren: End stranglehold of defense contractors on military policy.
John Delaney: Voted for 25 out of 28 military spending bills.
Tulsi Gabbard: Don't cut military budget; fund weapons systems & ABMs.
Beto O`Rourke: Military should welcome transgender recruits.
Cory Booker: Transgender troops should be allowed to serve.
Tulsi Gabbard: Allow transgender Americans in the military.
Joe Biden: 1991: Favors government "back doors" into encryption.
John Kasich: Prioritize nuclear agreements like START and INF.
Joe Walsh: Cut $8.9B from defense bill, and supported 3% more.
Jo Jorgensen: Citizenship for undocumented children only if born in US.
Gloria La Riva: Full citizenship rights upon six months residency.
Howie Hawkins: All seeking asylum should be given permanent resident status.
Jo Jorgensen: Against border wall but deport immigrants who commit crimes.
Rocky De La Fuente: Nation which can't control borders is in grave danger.
Jo Jorgensen: No unreasonable constraints in crossing political boundaries.
Don Blankenship: Moratorium on immigration; discontinue federal assistance.
Justin Amash: Fix system so that people can immigrate to US lawfully.
Joe Biden: No one would be deported who hasn't committed a felony.
Gloria La Riva: For 8 days accompanied 2018 refugee caravan to reach US.
Joe Biden: Bring in asylum seekers & DREAMers AND secure border.
Beto O`Rourke: Immediately undo Trump actions; work with Congress.
Bill de Blasio: Supports sanctuary cities; would abolish ICE.
Pete Buttigieg: Most Americans are immigrants or their descendants.
Seth Moulton: Citizenship path for those who follow law.
Andrew Yang: Immigrants make US stronger and more dynamic.
Andrew Yang: Need more case workers & judges at southern border.
Jay Inslee: More hearing officers to process asylum cases.
Jay Inslee: Against Muslim ban; not afraid of diversity.
Julian Castro: Asylum seekers have the right to be heard.
Donald Trump: Refugees can't come in; sorry, we're full.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Treat asylum seekers humanely; reform process.
Mitt Romney: Secure the borders; deport people here illegally.
Mitt Romney: Reluctantly supports DACA, but need to crack down.
Pete Buttigieg: Problem isn't ICE; it's what they're ordered to do.
Donald Trump: Use threat of tariffs to get Mexico's cooperation.
Beto O`Rourke: Stop refugee issue by dealing with what's driving them here.
Donald Trump: Cut off aid $700M to Central American Northern Triangle.
Wayne Messam: Blocked immigration enforcement on city property.
Cory Booker: Support DREAMers, reform immigration to reflect our values.
Andrew Yang: Boost funding for U.S. ports of entry.
Beto O`Rourke: Path to citizenship for all DREAMers.
John Hickenlooper: Family separation policy is cruel and un-American.
Bernie Sanders: Restructure ICE; don't necessarily abolish it.
Joe Biden: Allow citizenship for DREAMers.
Bill Weld: Trump's deportation policy is like Nazi Germany.
Bill Weld: Guest worker program rather than path to citizenship.
Howard Schultz: Border security ok, but don't demonize immigrants.
Amy Klobuchar: Increase legal immigration but don't abolish ICE.
Jay Inslee: Choose greatness instead of stoking fear among immigrants.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Reunite families ripped apart at the border.
John Delaney: Ending DACA program was cruel, heartless and mean-spirited.
Julian Castro: Against funding border wall.
Cory Booker: Supports DACA and DREAMers.
Kamala Harris: Re-examine ICE & start from scratch.
Howard Schultz: Hire 10,000 refugees from Trump's Muslim-ban countries.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Reimagine ICE; support DREAMers.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2006: anti-illegal alien; 2019: diversity is our strength.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Blue Dog: opposed sanctuary cities & opposed amnesty.
Julian Castro: Secure the border by using technology, not a wall.
Beto O`Rourke: End separating kids; make DREAMers citizens.
Beto O`Rourke: Opposes "open borders," but new wall unnecessary.
John Kasich: Allies directly affected should repatriate Syrian refugees.
Kamala Harris: No border wall in any comprehensive bill.
Oprah Winfrey: Backs pathway to citizenship for all the illegal aliens.
Tom Steyer: $2.3M to recruit and train immigrant advocates.
Steve Bullock: Keep Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
Tulsi Gabbard: 2015: Favor Christian over Islamic refugees.
Pope Francis: Opposes border wall between US and Mexico.
Pope Francis: Vocal advocate for the plight of refugees.
Jesse Ventura: Border wall would make Reagan turn over in his grave.
Jo Jorgensen: Opposes minimum wage; it hurts minorities and youth.
Jo Jorgensen: Eliminate all wage standards.
Gloria La Riva: Restrict employers' asking about criminal records.
Jo Jorgensen: No required unions; no occupational licensing laws.
Bill de Blasio: Would raise the NYC minimum wage to $15/hour.
Andrew Yang: Monthly stipend would help us through technological changes.
Andrew Yang: I'm a huge union fan.
Wayne Messam: Supported boosting minimum wage.
Pete Buttigieg: Consider guaranteed income, perhaps redefine work.
Jay Inslee: Increase minimum wage; ensure gender pay equity.
Amy Klobuchar: Minimum wage must be raised.
Bill Weld: In-state training for displaced workers, including on-line.
Cory Booker: Supports $15 minimum wage and guaranteed jobs.
Beto O`Rourke: Invest in training for evolving economy.
Eric Garcetti: Universal pathway to employment.
Tom Steyer: Closed tax loophole on out of state business, creating jobs.
Steve Bullock: Guarantee equal pay for women.
Principles & Values|
Donald Trump: 2016: Sought to nullify election after losing Iowa primary.
Jo Jorgensen: Government should not interfere in matters of religion.
Kanye West: Name "Birthday Party" means more kids with more birthdays.
Gloria La Riva: Art is an integral part of daily life, not a commodity.
Kanye West: You're free if you stay away from pornography and Percocet.
Donald Trump: I've been right probably more than anybody else.
Donald Trump: My mother was like a saint, my father was most solid person.
Kanye West: Trump allowing God to still be part of the conversation.
Kanye West: God appoints the president.
Kanye West: I put everything I get on the line to serve God.
Jo Jorgensen: Coronavirus lockdown felt like "house arrest".
Rocky De La Fuente: Require highest ethical standards and oversight.
Jo Jorgensen: Challenge cult of omnipotent state, defend individual rights.
Don Blankenship: Acknowledges blessing of Jesus Christ as ruler of US.
Don Blankenship: Opposed to government involvement in gambling.
Justin Amash: Don't need same rules from community to community.
Justin Amash: Pushed libertarian ideas into Republican Party.
Justin Amash: Blessing to be born here; this is the best country on Earth.
Justin Amash: Most people are libertarian, not superpartisan & superangry.
Jesse Ventura: Would run as Green; Dems/GOP not the solution.
Tom Steyer: I have been a grassroots organizer for 10 years.
Marianne Williamson: International Day of Peace: Why only one day?
Don Blankenship: Wants to go from the "big house" to the White House.
Joe Walsh: 2010: opposed by namesake rock star Joe Walsh.
Joe Walsh: 2013: supported birtherism; 2019: apologized for it.
Donald Trump: LameStream Media are the Enemy of the People.
Bill Weld: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Joe Walsh: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Mark Sanford: All states should hold primaries, not just re-nominate Trump.
Lincoln Chafee: Surprised at how much he agrees with Libertarian Party.
Joe Walsh: The "Age of Trump" woke him up to racism of past comments.
Joe Walsh: Look into 25th amendment for Donald Trump.
Valerie McCray: Psychologist; sought presidential nomination in 2020.
Joe Walsh: Opposing Trump because he's an "unfit divider in chief".
Justin Amash: Partisanship undercutting our constitutional basis.
Mark Sanford: Comeback to Congress in 2012; lost in GOP primary in 2018.
Justin Amash: Father immigrated as Palestinian refugee.
Justin Amash: I've disenchanted and frightened by hyperpartisanship.
Justin Amash: Leaving the Republican Party to avoid partisan death spiral.
Howard Schultz: GOP fiscally irresponsible, Democrats going socialist.
Beto O`Rourke: Listen to voters, not special interests.
Bill Weld: 2016 election: Johnson-Weld exceeded 3.6% of vote in MI & WI.
Michael Bennet: Continue investigations; see if public supports impeachment.
Amy Klobuchar: Hold president accountable with investigations & election.
Bill Weld: Quit Reagan Justice Department over ethics scandals.
Howie Hawkins: Danger of Trump doesn't mean electing "any damned Democrat".
Mike Pence: No problem with gays; they just say so for publicity.
Pete Buttigieg: If I had been given a choice, I would have not been gay.
Mike Gravel: Push Dems toward sensible views on political reform.
Pete Buttigieg: National service can unite Americans.
Bill Weld: Government leaders should inspire and unite, not divide.
Kamala Harris: FactCheck: Constitutionally eligible to run for presidency.
Bernie Sanders: Mainstream media prefers "realistic" candidates over Bernie.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Beat the mainstream media by reframing.
Howie Hawkins: Third parties force issues neglected by major parties.
Eric Garcetti: There ARE two Americas: Washington DC, and the rest of us.
Mark Sanford: Trump's payoff to porn star "deeply troubling".
John Kasich: Two-party system no longer appeals to majority of voters.
Oprah Winfrey: Follows avant-garde version of an all-accepting religion.
Deval Patrick: Joined Bain Capital, lecture tour "Reinvesting in America".
Lindsey Graham: I did not vote for Trump for President in 2016.
Mike Pence: Founded PAC Great America Committee" separate from Trump.
Lincoln Chafee: Focus on pocketbook issues; be flexible on social issues.
Jesse Ventura: I don't like Trump or Hillary; I'm voting Libertarian.
Lincoln Chafee: Voted for Bush41 in 2004 as protest against Bush43.
Michael Bennet: No particular religion nor congregation but believes in God.
Michael Bennet: Raised in two different heritages, Jewish and Christian.
Marianne Williamson: Politics steeped in religion is divisive.
Andrew Yang: Fund Freedom Dividend payments with 10% VAT.
Jo Jorgensen: Allow opt out: IRAs safe from greedy politicians.
Donald Trump: Never cut Social Security; payroll tax cut won't affect it.
Joe Biden: Increase benefits for widows/widowers instead of cutting.
Gloria La Riva: Cap benefits to three times those receiving minimum.
Howie Hawkins: Apply FICA tax to all levels of income including investments.
Don Blankenship: No use of S.S. Number except Social Security business.
Don Blankenship: Allow people to withdraw funds and privately invest them.
Don Blankenship: Privatize Social Security, but pay current benefits.
Mike Bloomberg: 2009: Called Social Security a "Ponzi scheme".
Mike Bloomberg: 2009: Social Security a Ponzi scheme, 2020: boost receipts.
Tom Steyer: Great countries don't break their major promises.
Amy Klobuchar: Proposed new retirement accounts for those without.
Howie Hawkins: The most regressive tax of all is the FICA payroll tax.
Howie Hawkins: The most regressive tax of all is the FICA payroll tax.
Cory Booker: Raise the cap on Social Security taxes to fund system.
Amy Klobuchar: Address national debt without cutting entitlements.
Joe Biden: Freeze entitlements; don't favor special interests.
Jo Jorgensen: Lower or eliminate businesses taxes; end Federal income tax.
Jo Jorgensen: Against a wealth tax; income inequality comes from choices.
Joe Biden: Repeal high-income excess business losses tax cut.
Bill de Blasio: Favors tax increases on wealthy.
Andrew Yang: Fund programs from tech companies now paying no tax.
Howard Schultz: Would increase taxes on rich, sketchy on details.
Bill Weld: Cut capital gains tax; look at flat tax on income.
Elizabeth Warren: Comparison of Trump wealth tax to Warren wealth tax.
Eric Swalwell: The wealthy should pay more taxes.
Elizabeth Warren: 2% wealth tax on assets over $50M; 3% over $1B.
Mike Bloomberg: Wealth tax is counterproductive and unconstitutional.
Julian Castro: Raise the top marginal tax rate; negotiate the numbers.
John Delaney: Increase marginal rate, tax investments like income.
Kamala Harris: Payments to needy, not tax breaks for the rich.
John Kasich: Reduce tax withholding by 3.1%.
David Koch: Spending $20M to popularize Trump's $1.5 trillion tax cut.
Oprah Winfrey: Resents the high taxes the government makes her pay.
Paul Ryan: GOP tax cut saves $700 for people earning $30,000.
Tom Steyer: Tax reform bill keeps the rich happy but hurts middle class.
Lincoln Chafee: Ordinary Republicans vote against their economic interests.
Tom Steyer: Implement 1 percent annual wealth tax on America's richest.
Deval Patrick: Called for cutting state sales tax, hiking income tax.
Mike Gravel: I advocate a FairTax: pay as you spend.
Gloria La Riva: Fund public transportation, high-speed rail.
Howie Hawkins: We support all efforts to achieve net neutrality.
Howie Hawkins: Protect software by copyright, not patent.
Don Blankenship: Reject PATRIOT Act and all such laws.
Amy Klobuchar: Users of social media should be able to control their data.
Jay Inslee: Regulate internet to protect privacy & net neutrality.
Bill Weld: Teach skill sets for tech jobs of the future.
Lincoln Chafee: Let's join the rest of the world and go metric.
War & Peace|
Jo Jorgensen: Opposed withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal.
Jo Jorgensen: No military aid to Saudi Arabia for war in Yemen.
Howie Hawkins: Supports 2015 Iran nuclear deal.
Kanye West: I'm focused on protecting America with our great military.
Jo Jorgensen: Bombings in Middle East aren't a boost to Western security.
Don Blankenship: We are unalterably opposed to entangling alliances.
Justin Amash: Make Congress authorize wars or else withdraw troops.
Joe Biden: Afghanistan: against surging troops; not nation builders.
Mike Pence: Taliban committed to oppose terrorists; now hard work begins.
Mike Bloomberg: Iraq war was a mistake based on faulty intelligence.
Pete Buttigieg: Would use force, but need to think of the consequences.
Joe Walsh: Withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan.
Donald Trump: Syria pullout: Let Turks & Kurds fight, then pull them apart.
Bill Weld: Unlimited military aid to Ukraine against Russian incursion.
Bill Weld: Supports Israeli-Palestinian two-state solution.
Bill Weld: Withdrawing from Iran nuke deal was a colossal blunder.
Bill Weld: Partial sanction relief for partial Korean denuclearization.
Joe Walsh: Congress must have a say in military force overseas.
Lincoln Chafee: Disarmament, non-proliferation where we want to go.
Joe Biden: FactCheck:No, didn't oppose Iraq War right after war started.
Pete Buttigieg: Be more judicious when committing troops.
Mike Pence: North Korea must abandon its nuclear ambitions.
Andrew Yang: Limited foreign intervention; restore Congress's role in war.
Julian Castro: Don't entangle ourselves in wars, but rebuild alliances.
Amy Klobuchar: Supported regime change in Libya; supports Israeli military.
Bernie Sanders: Cut military spending, except F-35 at Vermont air base.
Cory Booker: End intervention in Yemen & Iran, but not Israel.
Elizabeth Warren: No intervention in Yemen; but intervention in Gaza OK.
Jay Inslee: Opposed war in Iraq; opposed use of torture.
Joe Biden: Supported wars in Iraq & Afghanistan, but not Iran.
Kamala Harris: Ok with Israeli settlements in Palestinian territory.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Withdraw from Yemen; Withdraw from Afghanistan.
Marianne Williamson: Stop relying on brute force internationally.
Tulsi Gabbard: No regime change in Iran; no war in Yemen.
Andrew Yang: Repeal post-9/11 Authorization for Use of Military Force.
Beto O`Rourke: Discuss U.S. policy in Syria in a more meaningful way.
Pete Buttigieg: U.S. not the guarantor of peace in Afghanistan.
Donald Trump: Countries hosting US troops should pay for them.
Bernie Sanders: End Syrian conflict; pull out U.S. troops.
Bill Weld: Supports non-nuclear proliferation efforts.
Bill Weld: Don't use military for regime change.
Amy Klobuchar: Keep US military presence in Syria.
John Delaney: Withdraw military aid from Saudi forces fighting in Yemen.
Kamala Harris: Time for a political solution in Afghanistan.
Elizabeth Warren: Withdraw US troops from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Withdraw from Afghanistan & Syria.
Kirsten Gillibrand: End military aid to Saudi Arabia to attack Yemen.
Tulsi Gabbard: End US support for Saudi-led conflict in Yemen.
Julian Castro: Withdraw US troops from Syria.
Donald Trump: We've beaten ISIS in Syria; bring US troops home.
Lindsey Graham: Hearings on Trump's decision to withdraw troops from Syria.
John Kasich: Keep up pressure on North Korea to give up nukes.
John Kasich: Balance cooperation and confrontation with China.
John Kasich: Forward-deploy US forces in the Pacific to challenge China.
John Kasich: War on terror should focus on threats to US homeland.
Lindsey Graham: Damage from war with North Korea would be worth it.
Tom Steyer: Trump foreign policy strategy is to react, not think.
Oprah Winfrey: Gave post-9/11 platform to anti-war advocates.
Tulsi Gabbard: Use military to fight terrorists, not for regime change.
Tulsi Gabbard: Opposes fighting in Afghanistan & Syria; end arms to Saudis.
Donald Trump: To eradicate ISIS, we need action, not talk.
John Kasich: Eradicate leadership of North Korea but no military strike.
Bill Weld: Supports libertarian "restraint" on military action.
Lincoln Chafee: Calls drone strikes "extrajudicial assassinations".
Lincoln Chafee: Neocon advocates for invasions are "delusional".
Lincoln Chafee: Iraq: There was "no evidence" of WMDs, it was a hoax.
Lincoln Chafee: Iraq war was on hawks' wish list; feared another Vietnam.
Donald Trump: Walk away from Iranian nuclear talks; increase sanctions.
Mike Gravel: Dislodge ourselves from Iraq, by working with Iran & Syria.
Marianne Williamson: Form Department of Peace to pro-actively plan.
Lincoln Chafee: Iraq war wasn't about WMDs, but changing Middle East.
Welfare & Poverty|
Gloria La Riva: Increase housing subsides; allow rent control.
Don Blankenship: Welfare provisions misdirected & morally destructive.
Deval Patrick: Supports reparations to living descendants of slaves.
Howie Hawkins: Reparations and Green New Deal to close racial income gap.
Andrew Yang: Increase affordable housing; get localities to change zoning.
Andrew Yang: Freedom Dividend: create a universal basic income.
Bill Weld: Have private sector take over social services.
Cory Booker: HOME Act: $134 billion a year via EITC for people in poverty.
Oprah Winfrey: Used lessons learned growing up in poverty to propel herself.
The above quotations are from Interviews during 2017-2019, interviewing presidential hopefuls for 2020.
More citations for 2020 presidential contenders (sources for issue excerpts):
- Axios.com: "Trump assigns Pence to lead U.S. coronavirus response," by Zachary Basu, 12/26/2019
- Council on Foreign Relations: "Candidate Tracker: Joe Walsh, Tom Steyer, Deval Patrick, and Mike Bloomberg" Dec. 24, 2019
- Council on Foreign Relations, "Meet Joe Walsh, Republican Presidential Candidate," by James M. Lindsay, December 2, 2019
- San Juan Daily Star, "After debating about black support, Democrats fan out to try to earn it," by Mihir Zaveri, November 25, 2019
- Associated Press AccessWire, "GOP Presidential Candidate De La Fuente Becomes First, Only Candidate to Gain Ballot Access in Alabama," October 26, 2019
- Newsweek magazine, "Former Coal Executive And Prisoner Seeking Constitution Party Nomination For President," by Aila Slisco, 10/22/19
- Politico.com, "Trump holds Dallas rally as impeachment fight messes with his lead in Texas," by Nancy Cook, 10/17/2019
- Council on Foreign Relations, "Candidates Answer CFR's Questions: Bill Weld," October 3, 2019
- Liberation News, "Party for Socialism and Liberation 2020 Presidential Campaign: Meet the Candidates!," Sep 29, 2019
- The Guardian, "Trump is seriously, frighteningly unstable--the world is in danger," by Robert Reich, 9/15/2019
- Washington Post, "We are Trump's Republican challengers. Canceling GOP primaries is a critical mistake," by Mark Sanford, Joe Walsh & Bill Weld, 9/13/19
- Warwick Beacon, "Chafee discusses 2020 Libertarian presidential bid," by Ethan Hartley, September 11, 2019
- CNN K-File, "Biden says he opposed the Iraq War. A check of his record shows otherwise," by N.McDermott & A.Kaczynski, 9/4/19
- Buzzfeed.com, "Texts With Donald Trump's New Challenger: (Woke?) Joe Walsh," by Ben Smith, August 29, 2019
- Axios.com, "Trump suggested nuking hurricanes to stop them from hitting U.S.," by Jonathan Swan & Margaret Talev, 8/25/19
- NBC Meet the Press, interview of Gov. Bill Weld, Aug 25, 2019
- USA Today, "Joe Walsh apologizes for past racist comments," by Jeanine Santucci, Aug. 25, 2019
- Indianapolis Recorder, "Local African American woman doesn't care what the odds are, she's running for president," by Tyler Fenwick, August 22, 2019
- Talk Business & Politics, "Sen. Cotton says he asked Danish ambassador about selling Greenland," 8/21/2019
- Politico.com, "Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump," by Natasha Korecki, 08/21/2019
- The Hill e-zine, "Trump: Purchasing Greenland 'strategically' interesting," by Owen Daugherty, 08/18/19
- NBC Meet the Press, interview of Gov. Mark Sanford, Aug 18, 2019
- Salon.com, "Ex-Rep. Joe Walsh apologizes for supporting 'unfit' Trump, by Igor Derysh, August 16, 2019
- The New Republic magazine, "Justin Amash and the Libertarian Future," by Lucy Steigerwald, July 29, 2019
- PoliticalWire.com, "Weld Says Trump Is a 'Raging Racist'," by Taegan Goddard, July 25, 2019
- National Review, "Trump Should Welcome a Challenge from Mark Sanford," by Jonathan S. Tobin, July 18, 2019
- The Charleston (SC) Post and Courier, "Mark Sanford considers presidential run against Trump," by Caitlin Byrd, Jul 16, 2019
- MSN.com, "Former SC Gov. Mark Sanford mulling run for president," Jul 16, 2019
- CNN Fact check: "Biden falsely claims he opposed spending more money to build state prisons," by D.Dale & A.Kaczynski, 7/7/19
- Washington Post, "Our politics is in a partisan death spiral. That's why I'm leaving the GOP," by Rep. Justin Amash, 7/4/19
- Omaha World-Herald, "Is centrism doomed? The cautionary tale of Howard Schultz," by Simon van Zuylen-Wood, Jun 29, 2019
- The New Republic, "Minutes: Sanders's rotating judges," by Matt Ford, June 29 2019
- United Press International (UPI), "Joe Sestak seeks to restore accountability to White House," by Danielle Haynes, 6/25/2019
- Miami Herald, "Our Latin America policies are morally bankrupt," by Joe Biden, June 24, 2019
- The Hill, "Joe Sestak joins crowded presidential primary," by Rachel Frazin, 6/23/2019
- The Independent (UK), "Trump refuses to apologise for demanding Central Park Five be executed," Clemence Michallon, 6/18/19
- American Thinker, "Taxpayers to pay $550,000 for MSHA failures," by Bruce Thompson, May 19, 2019
- PoliticalWire.com, "GOP Lawmaker Unloads on Trump and Barr," by Taegan Goddard, May 18, 2019
- The Nation magazine, "Economic Security Should Be Lifelong," by Peter Barnes, May 15, 2019
- Houston Chronicle, "Why Joe Biden needs Libertarians," by Joshua Spivak, May 13, 2019
- Indianapolis Star, "Where Buttigieg stands, from 'Medicare for all' to gun control," by Kaitlin Lange & Chris Sikich, 5/6/2019
- Leafly.com, "Time to Admit It: Trump Opposes Cannabis Legalization," by Bruce Barcott, May 2, 2019
- Texas Tribune, "Officers at Beto O'Rourke's 1998 DWI crash say they believe he tried to flee," by Jay Root, April 24, 2019
- New York Times, "Meet the Other Resistance: The Republican One," by Mark Leibovich, April 24, 2019
- CNN.com, "Swalwell on proposed assault weapons ban: 'Keep your pistols, keep your shotguns'," by Eli Watkins, 4/19/2019
- Truthout, "It's Time to Transform the Tax Code and Implement a Green New Deal," by Howie Hawkins, April 19, 2019
- PBS Newshour, "Mike Pence says 'era of strategic patience is over'," Apr 17, 2019
- CNN Town Hall Meeting with Andrew Yang, Presidential Candidate, April 14, 2019
- People Magazine (people.com), "Pete Buttigieg Challenges Mike Pence's Anti-LGBTQ History," by Adam Carlson, April 9, 2019
- InsiderNJ.com, "Jack Ciattarelli: A Wendell Willkie and Larry Hogan in Waiting," by Alan Steinberg, April 9, 2019
- PBS Newshour, "Trump trying to make case for Jewish voters to back 2020 bid," Apr 6, 2019
- Townhall.com, "Schultz Says He's Against Third Trimester Abortions," by Lauretta Brown, Apr 05, 2019
- PBS Newshour, "Trump says immigration ‘system is full'," Apr 5, 2019
- Education Next, "Buttigieg talks Charter Schools", by Ira Stoll, 4/4/2019
- Time magazine, "Here's What All the 2020 Candidates Have Said and Done About Equal Pay," by Abigail Abrams, April 2, 2019
- The Atlantic, "Beto Sees Trump's Immigration Trap Clearly," by Peter Beinart, Apr. 1, 2019
- Vox.com, "Trump's decision to cut off aid to 3 Central American countries, explained," by Dara Lind, Apr 1, 2019
- Mother Jones, "Which 2020 Democrats Are Strongest on Climate?," by Nick Visser, March 27, 2019
- Truthout.org, "How the 2020 Candidates Stack Up on War and Peace," by Medea Benjamin & Nicolas Davies, March 27, 2019
- Rolling Stone magazine, "88-Year-Old Mike Gravel Is the Latest Teen Sensation," by Ryan Bort, 3/20/2019
- Fox News, "Trump blasts California governor for halting executions," by Brooke Singman, 3/12/2019
- Bloomberg News, "Trump Seeks Huge Premium From Allies Hosting US Troops," by Nick Wadhams & Jennifer Jacobs, Mar.8, 2019
- The Atlantic, "Jay Inslee's Risky Bet for 2020," by Edward-Isaac Dovere , 3/1/2019
- Mother Jones magazine, "Presidential Hopefuls Flock to South by Southwest Festival," by Nathalie Baptiste, March 2019
- Axios.com, "John Kasich to fellow GOPers: Stop denying climate change", by Amy Harder, Feb. 26, 2019
- The Hill, "Kasich to push Republicans for policies to address climate change," by Avery Anapol, Feb. 26, 2019
- The Week magazine, "The Green Party thinks Democrats are a bunch of fake socialists," February 25, 2019
- The New Republic, "The Democrats Stole the Green Party's Best Idea," by Emily Atkin, February 22, 2019
- Penn Today (U.Penn.), "Joe Biden talking politics," by Lauren Hertzler, Feb. 19, 2019
- Bloomberg News, "Bill De Blasio Slams Amazon's 'Abuse of Corporate Power'," Christopher Condon & Ben Brody, 2/17/2019
- Boston Globe, Transcript of Bill Weld's speech on exploring a 2020 run against Donald Trump, 2/15/2019
- Politico.com, "Harris calls for marijuana legalization," by Katie Galioto, 2/11/2019
- Townhall.com, "The 2020 Democrats: Julian Castro," 2/4/2019
- Reuters, "Sanders to ask why drug, once free, now costs $375k," by Yasmeen Abutaleb, Feb. 4, 2019
- New York Post, "Cory Booker declares bid for presidency," by Yaron Steinbuch, February 1, 2019
- Jacobin magazine, "Howard Schultz's #MeToo Problem at Starbucks," by Liza Featherstone, Feb. 2019
- Vox.com, "That time Donald Trump proposed a 14.5 percent wealth tax", by Matthew Yglesias, Jan 31, 2019
- Fox News, "Swalwell says rich 'getting off the hook,'" by Paul Steinhauser, 1/31/2019
- Vox.com, "5 anti-poverty plans from 2020 Democratic presidential contenders, explained," by Dylan Matthews, Jan 30, 2019
- Washington Examiner, "Scourge of the socialists?", by Philip Wegmann, January 29, 2019
- Yahoo Entertainment Video, "Kamala Harris has an extreme idea to get gun control legislation passed," Jan 29th 2019
- Vox.com, "Elizabeth Warren's proposed tax on enormous fortunes, explained," by Matthew Yglesias, Jan 24, 2019
- International Policy Digest, "Sanders and the media," by Russell Whitehouse, Jan. 23, 2019
- Time Magazine, "Kamala Harris Jumps Into Presidential Race," by Juana Summers, January 21, 2019
- New York Times, "Mayor de Blasio Says Wealth Is 'in the Wrong Hands'," by J. David Goodman & William Neuman, 1/10/2019
- Washington Post, "Schultz running as an independent for president in 2020," by Michael Scherer, January 18, 2019
- Washington Free Beacon, "Gillibrand apologizes for 'callous' views on immigration," by David Rutz, January 16, 2019
- The Daily Beast, "Gillibrand to Colbert: I'm Going to Run," by Gideon Resnick, 01.15.19
- CNN.com, "Tulsi Gabbard once touted working for anti-gay group that backed conversion therapy," by Andrew Kaczynski, Jan. 13, 2019
- The Atlantic, "Can a Democrat Win the Presidency on Climate Change?", by Edward-Isaac Dovere, 1/2/2019
- Snopes.com, "Did Elizabeth Warren Say Abortion Is 'No Different' Than Removing Tonsils?", January 2019
- Snopes.com, "Is Kamala Harris Not Eligible to Serve as U.S. President?", January 2019
- Atlantic Magazine, "John Delaney Is Playing the Long Game," by Elaine Godfrey, Dec. 10, 2018
- The Atlantic, "John Kasich Searches For His Place In the GOP," by Dick Polman, Dec 3, 2018
- The Nation magazine, "Breaking the Boundaries of 2-Party Politics in New York," by John Nichols, Nov 1, 2018
- Atlantic Magazine, "Kamala Harris's Trump-Size Tax Plan," Oct. 18, 2018
- CNN Town Hall Meeting with Beto O'Rourke, aired 7-8pm, October 18, 2018
- Kaiser Family Foundation, "Public Plan Buy-In Proposals," by Karen Pollitz, Oct 9, 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- The Hill, "America First message at UN," by John Bowden, Sept. 26, 2018
- The Atlantic, "Hickenlooper Is the Antithesis of Trump," by Kyle Trygstad, Sep. 18, 2018
- Atlantic Magazine, "Elizabeth Warren's Theory of Capitalism," by Franklin Foer, Aug. 28, 2018
- NBC4 WCMH TV Columbus, “Kasich looking to put more money in the pockets of Ohio workers,” by Jason Aubry, Aug 13, 2018
- Jacobin Magazine, "Joe Biden, Neoliberal Democrat," 8/7/18
- Jacobin Magazine, "Joe Biden: Military Hawk," 8/2/18
- Ohio Statehouse News Bureau, "Farmers Take On Kasich's Regulations To Clean Up Lake Erie," by Andy Chow, July 18, 2018
- Foreign Affairs (policy journal), "Reclaiming Global Leadership," by Governor John Kasich, 6/6/2018
- CBS Boston, "Starbucks CEO Steps Down, May Consider Run For President," by Nathaniel Meyersohn, June 4, 2018
- Politico.com, "Patrick plans 2020 decision by end of the year", by Lauren Dezenski, 06/04/2018
- Los Angeles Times, "Eric Garcetti, still weighing a presidential run, delivers commencement address in N.H.," by Cindy Chang, May 13, 2018
- NYC.gov Mayoral press release, "Strengthening Protections Against Sexual Harassment", 5/9/2018
- The Nation magazine, "Why Won't Lincoln Chafee Support Robert Mueller?," by Bob Dreyfuss, May 2, 2018
- The Daily Beast blog, "Stormy Daniels Situation 'Very Troubling'," by Mark Sanford, 03.07.18
- CNN, “Kasich to Trump: 'Take some steps' on gun control,” by Eli Watkins, February 18, 2018
- Mother Jones magazine, "Crime Just Keeps on Dropping In NYC," by Kevin Drum, Dec 28, 2017
- Medium.com e-zine, "Financial Discipline Missing in Latest Budge," by Rep. Mark Sanford, Nov 1, 2017
- Politico.com, "Steve Bullock and the Lost Art of Political Persuasion," by Gabriel Debenedetti, October 11, 2017
- The Week magazine, "Lincoln Chafee, last of the WASPs," by Matthew Walther, July 3, 2017
- Jacobin Magazine, "Tulsi Gabbard Is Not Your Friend," by Branko Marcetic, 5/27/2017
- CNN, "Kasich on North Korea: 'Eradicate the leadership'," by Caroline Kenny, April 28, 2017
- Reuters, "Trump backs away from labeling China a currency manipulator," by David Lawder, 4/12/2017
- The Atlantic, "The Organization That Sent Tulsi Gabbard to Syria," by Yasmeen Serhan, Jan. 31, 2017
- Christian Science Monitor, "Could a small city Indiana mayor be the next DNC chair?", by Amanda Hoover, January 8, 2017
- Slate.com, "The Crazy Republican-Endorsed Logic Behind 'If Trump Loses, I'm Grabbing My Musket'." by Mark Joseph Stern, Oct 26, 2016
- USA Today, "Congress should tax wealthy 1 percenters like me to combat cheating like Trump's," by Tom Steyer, 10/22/2016
- Atlantic Magazine, "Breakfast With Bill Weld," by Molly Ball, Oct. 3, 2016
- The Daily Beast blog, "GOP Rep, Trump Supporter: Release Your Tax Returns," by Mark Sanford, 08.15.16
- South Bend Tribune, "South Bend Releases Diversity Plan," by Erin Blasko, 7/19/16
- The New York Observer, "De Blasio Rips Trans Pacific Partnership," by Jillian Jorgensen, 4/7/2016
- Vox.com, "Did Linc use $7.96 in public funds on frogs?," by Dylan Matthews, Oct 16, 2015
- Newsweek, "The Democratic Presidential Candidates' Records on Gun Control," by Polly Mosendz, 10/13/15
- Reason magazine, "Tonight's Democratic Debate: Your Guide to the Also-Rans," by Jesse Walker, 10.13.2015
- ABC This Week, "Meet Lincoln Chafee: Everything You Need to Know (And Probably Didn't Know)," by Veronica Stracqualursi, 7/26/15
- The New Republic, "Minutes: Tom Steyer Jumpstart," by Rebecca Leber, July 2015
- Daily Beast e-zine, "Ambitious Obscurity: The Lincoln Chafee Story," by Olivia Nuzzi, Jun. 25, 2015
- Mic Network, "Mayor Pete Buttigieg comes out as gay in must-read op-ed," by Tom McKay, 6.16.2015
- Human Events magazine, "California Drivers Taken for Ride by Liberal Billionaire Tom Steyer," by Brian McNicoll, 5/26/15
- Reason magazine, "Chafee Will Probably Get Eaten Alive by Hillary Clinton, But Take a Look Anyway," by Scott Shackford, 4.16.2015
- Religion News Service, "de Blasio adds Muslim holidays to NYC public school calendar," March 5, 2015
- The New Republic, "Tom Steyer Is the Devil," by Rebecca Leber, February 27, 2015
- US News&World Report, "Congress 'Endorses' Warrantless Collection, Storage of U.S. Communications," by Steven Nelson, Dec. 11, 2014
- The Atlantic, "Colorado's Governor on Marijuana Legalization," by Conor Friedersdorf, Jul 1, 2014
- Chicago Sun-Times, "Ex-Rep. Joe Walsh 'kicked off the air' over racist terms on radio," by Mitch Dudek, 06/20/2014
- The Economist magazine, "The right to bear arms is not absolute," Sep 18, 2013
- Slate magazine, "GOP Rep Says 'Technology and Science' Make Abortion Exceptions Moot," by JEFFREY BLOOMER , 10/19/2012
- Washington Times, "Myth of a two-state solution," by Rep. Joe Walsh, May 3, 2012
- Huffington Post, "Joe Walsh: Veterans In Occupy Movement 'Don't Understand This Country'," by Jen Sabella, 11/20/2011
- Fox News, "Your World with Cavuto," interview of Joe Walsh by Neil Cavuto. Oct. 26, 2011
- House press release: "Rep. Walsh Introduces Bill to Index Capital Gains Tax to Inflation," Sept. 16, 2011
- House press release: "Rep. Walsh Statement on Support of Massive Spending Cuts in Department of Defense Appropriations Bill," 7/8/11
- National Review, "Bennet's Views on Religion," by Michael Sandoval, October 28, 2010
- National Review magazine, "Gravel the Liberaltarian?," by David Freddoso, August 1, 2007
- Human Events magazine, "College Speaker Urges 'Department of Peace'," by F. Flickinger, May 3, 2006
- Counterpunch, "Why Aren't the Democrats Screaming Bloody Murder?" by Laura Santina, October 29, 2005
- USA Today, "Senate candidate admits cocaine use: Lincoln Chafee," by Associated Press, 08/23/99
- Mother Jones magazine, "Faith: Marianne Williamson Is Full of It," Nov/Dec 1997
- Yet more excerpts from the 2019-2020 presidential race? See....
- 2019 Democratic primaries (focus on the early competition for the Democratic party nomination)
- 2019-20 Democratic race (focus on issue positioning through the caucuses and primaries)
- 2020 "Veepstakes" (focus on competition for vice-presidential nominations)