2014 West Virginia Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 WV Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- John Raese (3) Republican Senate Challenger West Virginia
- Natalie Tennant (4) Democratic Senate Challenger West Virginia
- Pat McGeehan (3) Republican Senate Challenger West Virginia
- Shelley Moore Capito (1) Republican Challenger West Virginia
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
West Virginia Senate debates and race coverage:
- Logan Banner on Natalie Tennant, Jan. 1, 2014
- Pat McGeehan, guest columnist in Huntington News, December 8, 2013
- Huffington Post AdWatch: Chamber of Commerce "War on Coal", 12/5/2013
- Huntington News, editorial, "Raese's Cautionary Words Have Come True", November 21, 2013
- The Herald-Dispatch (Huntington WV) AdWatch: Zack Harold, "Cancellation notices", Nov. 14, 2013
- Dave McNeely reporting in Huntington News, September 17, 2013
- Huntington Herald-Dispatch on Natalie Tennant, 3/31/2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Pat McGeehan: Real crisis is $17T in debt and future unfunded liabilities.
Pat McGeehan: The Fed printing money for debt causes inflation.
John Raese: OpEd: Sounded alarm in 2010 on international competitiveness.
Energy & Oil|
Shelley Moore Capito: AdWatch: Fights back against Obama's war on coal.
John Raese: 2010 alternative energy bill was WV's own cap-and-trade Bill.
Natalie Tennant: OpEd: Suppress voting by requiring change-of-address cards.
Natalie Tennant: Vehemently disagrees with Obama administration on gun rights.
John Raese: ObamaCare relies on poor business model; use private-sector.
Natalie Tennant: Supports access to insurance for all.
Natalie Tennant: FactCheck: GOP says 147,000 lose insurance; really 8,800.
Principles & Values|
Pat McGeehan: Constitutional conservative: pro-life, pro-gun and pro-coal.
The above quotations are from 2014 West Virginia Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)