2014 Arkansas Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 AR Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Mark Pryor (6) Democratic Sr Senator Arkansas
- Mark Swaney (4) 2014 Green Senate Challenger Arkansas
- Nathan LaFrance (5) Libertarian Senate Challenger Arkansas
- Tom Cotton (12) Republican Senate challenger Arkansas
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Arkansas Senate debates and race coverage:
- Wall Street Journal PacWatch, "Arkansas Ads: Pryor Spotlights Domestic Violence Law", Oct 1, 2014
- AARP Voter Guide (on Tom Cotton), Aug. 31, 2014
- KAIT 8, "Green Party candidate explains why he wants U.S. Senate seat", by Jessi Turnure, Jul 26, 2014
- The Hill weblog, "Pryor hits Cotton for questioning his faith," by Cameron Joseph, July 8, 2014
- N.Y.Times, "Sasse and Cotton Share High-Flying Pedigrees", by Jonathan Weisman, May 16, 2014
- Roll Call's Gossip Blog--Heard on the Hill, "Tom Cotton Stands Tall as Quickest Man in Congress", by Hannah Hess, 5/1/2014
- Washington Post AdWatch, "Democratic attack ad tries to connect the dots, and earns 4 Pinocchios", by Glenn Kessler, 4/1/2014
- The Hill AdWatch, "'We just can't trust' Cotton, says Dem ad", by Cameron Joseph, 3/19/2014
- Washington Times, "I didnít learn entitlement chasing cattle", by Jacqueline Klimas, March 10, 2014
- PolitiFact AdWatch, "every senior in Arkansas' will see increased Medicare costs", Feb. 5, 2014
- Arkansas Matters AdWatch on Mike Ross, Jan. 5, 2014
- Hope Star on Asa Hutchinson and Mike Ross, Jan. 2, 2014
- Arkansas Times AdWatch on Mark Pryor, Jan. 1, 2014
- Peter Montgomery on Huffington Post: AdWatch "Religious Politicking", 12/11/2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
- The Hill and Arkansas Matters: Mark Pryor AdWatch and Tom Cotton response, Oct. 22, 2013
- PolitiFact Fact-checking on Tom Cotton ad, October 7th, 2013
- Meet the Press Q&A with Tom Cotton, May 5, 2013
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of Senate candidate Rep. Tom Cotton, March 17, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tom Cotton: AdWatch: I believe in God; and only God has all the answers.
Budget & Economy|
Nathan LaFrance: Politicians CANNOT control government spending; time for BBA.
Tom Cotton: AdWatch: Worked as management consultant, not in insurance.
Mark Swaney: Eliminate the federal death penalty.
Energy & Oil|
Mark Swaney: Tax carbon to encourage people to use alternatives.
Nathan LaFrance: Term limits will accomplish with CFR attempts to do.
Mark Pryor: Government shutdown is reckless & irresponsible.
Nathan LaFrance: Attempts at building a federal gun registry are wrong.
Tom Cotton: AdWatch: No, Cotton won't end Medicare guarantee.
Mark Pryor: AdWatch: False that Medicare vouchers increase seniors' cost.
Tom Cotton: AdWatch: Cotton supports Medicare "premium support" vouchers.
Mark Pryor: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Tom Cotton: Federal shut down to force ObamaCare delay by one year.
Tom Cotton: FactCheck: No special subsidies for congressional staff.
Nathan LaFrance: Meta-data collection of phone records is unconstitutional.
Tom Cotton: AdWatch: No sense of entitlement from serving in military.
Mark Swaney: Abandon minimum wage in favor of living wage.
Principles & Values|
Mark Pryor: AdWatch: I believe in God; and only God has all the answers.
Tom Cotton: Served in military, academia, and as management consultant.
Tom Cotton: Fastest male in Congress; has finished 11 marathons.
Mark Pryor: Campaign theme: Pryor is responsible, Cotton is reckless.
Mark Pryor: AdWatch: I believe in God and I believe in His word.
Tom Cotton: Oppo AdWatch: supports Privatizing social security.
Nathan LaFrance: Replace income tax with national sales tax.
War & Peace|
Mark Swaney: Iraq war was a waste, based on a lie.
Tom Cotton: Jihadists attack us for who we are.
Tom Cotton: Iraq War was just and noble.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Mark Pryor Democratic Sr Senator Arkansas
- Mark Swaney 2014 Green Senate Challenger Arkansas
- Nathan LaFrance Libertarian Senate Challenger Arkansas
- Tom Cotton Republican Senate challenger Arkansas
The above quotations are from 2014 Arkansas Senate debates.
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)