Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 New Jersey Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 NJ Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Cory Booker (46) New Jersey Mayor of Newark
- Jeff Bell (22) Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- Murray Sabrin (12) Republican Senate Challenger New Jersey
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Jersey Senate debates and race coverage:
- Weekly Standard, "Bell's unorthodox Senate campaign", by Andrew Ferguson, Sep. 1, 2014
- AARP Voter Guide (on Cory Booker and Jeff Bell), Aug. 31, 2014
- NewJerseyNewsroom.com, "Who is Republican Senate candidate Jeff Bell?", by Bob Holt, June 5, 2014
- The Wall Street Journal, "Meet Cory Booker's GOP Rival: Jeff Bell", by Rebecca Ballhaus, June 4, 2014
- The Bergen Record, "Bell will face Booker in November", by Herb Jackson, June 3, 2014
- Burlington County Times, "Republican Senate candidate striving for political upset", by David Levinsky, June 1, 2014
- Washington Post, "Cory Booker, Tim Scott team up for the first time", by Ed O'Keefe, April 9, 2014
- The Times of Trenton, "candidates meet voters in Lawrence", by Kelly Johnson, March 10, 2014
- Murray Sabrin in PolitickerNJ.com, "Why I'm Running for the United States Senate", February 23rd, 2014
- Newark Star-Ledger on Cory Booker, Jan. 1, 2014
- Vineland Times Daily Journal coverage of Cory Booker 2014 candidacy announcement, Oct. 31, 2013
- The New Jersey 2014 Senate election will seat a permanent replacement for the 2013 Special election, in which Cory Booker was elected.
- The 2013 Special Election was required because Former New Jersey Senator Frank Lautenberg passed away while in office.
- See also OnTheIssues coverage of the 2013 New Jersey special Senate election debates.
Preparation and debates for November 2014 election:
- WHYY NewsWorks.org, "Where the the Senate hopefuls in N.J. stand on foreign policy issues", October 14, 2013
- Politifact.com FactCheck, "Cory Booker supports late-term abortion?", 9/1/2013
- Meet the Press interview of Cory Booker, Aug. 25, 2013
- American Principles Project, "Jeffrey Bell on Financial Globalization", August 15, 2011
- The Huffington Post , "Booker Says He Doesn't Support Cutting Social Security", by John Celock, Aug. 1, 2013
- Politifact.com FactCheck, "Booker says views on campaign finance reform highlight disparity", September 5th, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jeff Bell: Apply 14th Amendment to the unborn.
Murray Sabrin: Human life begins at conception.
Cory Booker: Fix Hobby Lobby: it's not about religious freedom.
Jeff Bell: Hobby Lobby ruling protects religious freedom.
Cory Booker: Vigorously defend women's access to affordable birth control.
Cory Booker: No restrictions before viability; exceptions after viability.
Budget & Economy|
Jeff Bell: Restore the gold standard.
Murray Sabrin: Free enterprise is the key to national prosperity.
Jeff Bell: Fed's zero interest rate policy extends Great Recession.
Murray Sabrin: Federal Reserve is one big scam.
Cory Booker: We will not be able to cut our way out of the jobs crisis.
Jeff Bell: Return to gold-dollar convertibility now.
Jeff Bell: Government shouldn't redefine marriage.
Murray Sabrin: Government shouldn't redefine marriage.
Cory Booker: MLK's dream still demands work to do, after 50 years.
Cory Booker: Lower corporate tax rate & close loopholes.
Jeff Bell: Low interest rates favor big businesses over small.
Cory Booker: Government procurement should promote women-owned business.
Cory Booker: Real solution to crime is addressing poverty and education.
Cory Booker: Incarceration isn't working; focus on preventing recidivism.
Cory Booker: Increase the number of police in all neighborhoods.
Cory Booker: Cut first responders due to economic downturn.
Cory Booker: Bipartisan solution to reduce recidivism.
Cory Booker: The drug war is an abject failure.
Jeff Bell: End federal involvement in education.
Murray Sabrin: Oppose nationwide Common Core standards.
Cory Booker: Ensure that college tuition is not a long-term burden.
Cory Booker: Pre-school for 3-year-olds; more teacher empowerment.
Cory Booker: Fundamental right to high quality public education.
Cory Booker: Newark Workshops got $1.3M in Pell Grants.
Energy & Oil|
Jeff Bell: No subsidies for wind and solar.
Murray Sabrin: No subsidies for wind and solar.
Cory Booker: Sustainability programs: slow growth of carbon footprint.
Cory Booker: Eliminate unfair subsidies for oil and ga.
Cory Booker: Green space; green housing; green jobs.
Cory Booker: Where Israel's security is at stake, so is America's.
Cory Booker: Development funds via international organizations for Africa.
Cory Booker: Robust diplomacy and international development.
Cory Booker: No head in the sand; but no global police.
Cory Booker: African trade makes stable countries & good for our security.
Cory Booker: China cheats via currency manipulation & IP theft.
Jeff Bell: Act on bilateral agreements with Colombia and South Korea.
Jeff Bell: Photo ID for voting.
Murray Sabrin: Photo ID for voting.
Cory Booker: Founding principle: make laws open to public debate.
Cory Booker: Threat to voting rights in America remains very real.
Cory Booker: Campaign PAC money shouldn't speak louder than people.
Jeff Bell: Opposes more gun restrictions.
Murray Sabrin: Opposes more gun restrictions.
Cory Booker: Common sense gun reform on day one.
Cory Booker: More background checks & gun trace data.
Jeff Bell: Debated who's most supportive of gun rights.
Jeff Bell: Repeal ObamaCare; it's not a government responsibility.
Murray Sabrin: Repeal ObamaCare; it's not a government responsibility.
Cory Booker: ObamaCare is a vital step in the right direction.
Jeff Bell: Maintain a superior nuclear arsenal.
Murray Sabrin: Maintain a superior nuclear arsenal.
Cory Booker: Maintain the strongest military force in the world.
Cory Booker: Irresponsible to spend on irrelevant weapon systems.
Cory Booker: Public oversight needed for NSA domestic spying.
Jeff Bell: Defense hawk and foreign-policy interventionist.
Jeff Bell: Protect the borders; prevent illegal entry.
Murray Sabrin: Protect the borders; prevent illegal entry.
Cory Booker: $1,000 tax credit for job-training apprenticeships.
Cory Booker: Great Recession decreased hourly wages overall.
Cory Booker: Gender wage gap problematic; minority wage gap worse.
Cory Booker: 1/3 of all NJ development is in Newark, where only 3% live.
Principles & Values|
Jeff Bell: Judeo-Christian values established our government framework.
Murray Sabrin: Judeo-Christian values established our government framework.
Jeff Bell: 1982: ran for Senate; speechwriter for Ronald Reagan.
Jeff Bell: Wife wept upon hearing he would run for Senate.
Jeff Bell: Defeated incumbent Senator in GOP primary in 1978.
Cory Booker: First African-American senator from New Jersey.
Cory Booker: Opposes raising retirement age; expand entitlements.
Jeff Bell: Convinced Pres. Reagan to adopt radical tax-rate reductions.
Cory Booker: Fix crumbling rail & road with National Infrastructure Bank.
Cory Booker: Invest in Next-Gen air traffic; broadband, and smart grid.
Cory Booker: Protect critical infrastructure from cyberattack.
Cory Booker: Technology empowers individuals but creates diverse threats.
War & Peace|
Cory Booker: All options on the table with Iran, including military.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Cory Booker New Jersey Mayor of Newark
- Jeff Bell Republican Senate challenger New Jersey
- Murray Sabrin Republican Senate Challenger New Jersey
The above quotations are from 2014 New Jersey Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)