2014 Tennessee Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 TN Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Joe Carr (1) Republican Challenger Tennessee
- Lamar Alexander (2) Republican Sr Senator Tennessee
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Tennessee Senate debates:
- Steven Hale in Nashville Scene, "Cell Phones on Airplanes", Dec 13, 2013
- Betsy Phillips reporting in Nashville Scene, Nov. 14, 2013
- OnTheIssues.org will begin coverage of the Senate debates shortly; none have taken place yet!
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Lamar Alexander: The Era of the 1,000-Page Bill Is Over.
Joe Carr: Cell phone ban should be addressed by airlines, not feds.
Lamar Alexander: No cell phone conversations on planes; email and texting ok.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Joe Carr Republican Challenger Tennessee
- Lamar Alexander Republican Sr Senator Tennessee
The above quotations are from 2014 Tennessee Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)