2014 Nebraska Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 NE Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Ben Sasse (9) Republican Challenger
- Shane Osborn (5) Republican Senate Challenger Nebraska
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Nebraska Senate debates and race coverage:
- Sioux City Journal AdWatch on Ben Sasse, Jan. 4, 2014
- Sydney Yalshevec in The Western Nebraska Observer, "Limited Government", Dec. 5, 2013
- Jan Schultz in Imperial Republican, "Town hall meeting", Nov. 20, 2013
- Don Walton reporting in Lincoln Journal Star, 11/15/2013 and 12/12/2013
- Lincoln Journal Star coverage, July 10, 2013
- Mark Hemingway coverage in The Weekly Standard, June 17th 2013
- Deena Winter coverage in Nebraska Watchdog, June 14, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Shane Osborn: Combat spending instead of kicking the can down the road.
Ben Sasse: At Midland U., fixed broken system of higher ed.
Energy & Oil|
Ben Sasse: Shale oil revolution could create energy independence.
Ben Sasse: AdWatch: Campaign film "The Outsider", after years in DC.
Ben Sasse: Permanent bureaucracy should not write big legislation.
Ben Sasse: Optimistic about America but pessimistic about Washington.
Ben Sasse: Self-described as pro-guns and pro-life.
Ben Sasse: Job change causes uninsurance; so make insurance portable.
Shane Osborn: Propose better options, then repeal ObamaCare.
Shane Osborn: Hawkish on defense, but measured response.
Shane Osborn: Begin with strict border control but don't allow citizenship.
Principles & Values|
Ben Sasse: Endorsed by Freedom Works' founder & other Tea Party groups.
Shane Osborn: Endorsed by Tea Party-oriented group, Freedom Works.
Welfare & Poverty|
Ben Sasse: Replace entitlements with an opportunity society.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Ben Sasse Republican Challenger
- Shane Osborn Republican Senate Challenger Nebraska
The above quotations are from 2014 Nebraska Senate debates.
- 100 Ideas, by Senator Marco Rubio (R,FL)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)