2014 Oregon Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 OR Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Jason Conger (14) Republican Challenger Oregon
- Jeff Merkley (4) Democratic Jr Senator Oregon
- Monica Wehby (14) Republican Challenger Oregon
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Oregon Senate debates and race coverage:
- The Oregonian, "Wehby defeats Jason Conger in GOP Senate primary", by Jeff Mapes, May 20, 2014
- The Oregonian, "Wehby accused her of 'ongoing harassment' during divorce", by Yuxing Zheng, May 19, 2014
- Politico.com, "Senate hopeful accused of stalking boyfriend", by John Bresnahan, May 16, 2014
- The Oregonian, "Leading candidates in the GOP race", by Jeff Mapes, April 30, 2014
- AdWatch by The Hill e-zine, "Wehby features patient in new ad", by Alexandra Jaffe, April 23, 2014
- Statesman Journal, "GOP Senate hopefuls face off at Dorchester Conference", by Anna Staver, March 9, 2014
- The Oregonian, "Conger & Wehby debate", by Jeff Mapes, March 8, 2014
- The Oregonian AdWatch on Jeff Merkley, Jan. 2 & Jan. 3, 2014
- Jeff Mapes in The Oregonian, "Attack Sen. Jeff Merkley", December 05, 2013
- Oregon Catalyst coverage of Conger press release, November 14, 2013
- Charles Crumm in Michigan Daily Tribune, on Republican National Committee email campaign, Nov.5, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Monica Wehby: Abortion is a personal choice.
Monica Wehby: Government shouldn't be involved in same-sex marriage.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on reducing sentences for non-violent offenses.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on retail medical marijuana establishments.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on in-state tuition for non-resident aliens.
Monica Wehby: Increase school choice options for our families.
Energy & Oil|
Jason Conger: Voted NO on electronic energy efficiency standards.
Monica Wehby: Fisherman, miners, and loggers need a partner in D.C.
Jason Conger: Higher timber harvests on public land.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on prohibiting motorized mining in riverbeds.
Jason Conger: Rated 53% by Conservation Voters; 80% by Humane Society.
Families & Children|
Jason Conger: Rated 79% by Oregon Stand for Children.
Jason Conger: Russia emboldened in Ukraine by Obama's weak foreign policy.
Monica Wehby: Russia emboldened in Ukraine by Obama's weak foreign policy.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on looser campaign finance reporting.
Jeff Merkley: Nuclear option: Allow confirmation of Obama's appointees.
Jason Conger: State-run Cover Oregon exchange better than ObamaCare.
Monica Wehby: We need more MDs and fewer JDs in Congress.
Monica Wehby: I was against ObamaCare when it wasn't cool.
Jeff Merkley: I couldn't enroll in ObamaCare, but it'll eventually succeed.
Jeff Merkley: 2009: "Keep your insurance"; 2014: fix ObamaCare so you can.
Jeff Merkley: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Monica Wehby: Put the needs and care of our veterans first.
Monica Wehby: Strengthening our armed forces protects our freedoms.
Jason Conger: Opposes reduction in size of America's military force.
Monica Wehby: Opposes reduction in size of America's military force.
Monica Wehby: Secure the border but increase H1B visas & guest workers.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on drivers licenses for non-resident aliens.
Jason Conger: Stricter rules for non-citizen college tuition equity.
Monica Wehby: Put entitlements on a path to being financially secure.
Monica Wehby: 40% of budget on debt servicing is generational theft.
War & Peace|
Monica Wehby: Ensure that Iranian nukes don't threaten Israel.
The above quotations are from 2014 Oregon Senate debates.
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)