2014 Kansas Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 KS Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Chad Taylor (8) Democrat Challenger Kansas
- Charlie Hardy (2) Democratic Senate Challenger Wyoming
- Greg Orman (12) Independent Senate Challenger Kansas
- Mark Pryor (5) Democratic Sr Senator Arkansas
- Milton Wolf (7) Republican Challenger Kansas
- Pat Roberts (4) Republican Sr Senator Kansas
- Todd Tiahrt (2) Republican Senate Challenger Kansas
- Tom Cotton (7) Republican Senate challenger Arkansas
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Kansas Senate debates:
- The Hill weblog, "Tea Party's final Senate hopes fade," by Alexandra Jaffe, Aug. 5, 2014
- Politico.com weblog, "Obama cousin, tea party take toll on Pat Roberts ," by Manu Raju, July 8, 2014
- The Hill weblog, "Kansas senator's slip of tongue spurs new residency questions," by Alexandra Jaffe, July 3, 2014
- Independent Voter Project IVN.us, "Orman Says We Need Real Problem Solvers in Washington", by David Yee, Jun 30, 2014
- KSN.com, coverage of Greg Orman, 6.25.2014
- The Hutchinson News, "Orman launches Senate bid as independent," by Mary Clarkin, 6/5/2014
- The Wichita Eagle, "Olathe businessman Greg Orman", by Fred Mann, June 5, 2014
- The News Observer, "Kansas independent to run for US Senate," Associated Press, 6/2/2014
- The Hill, "Democrat enters Kansas Senate race", by Alexandra Jaffe, March 3, 2014
- "Taylor officially enters U.S. Senate race in Kansas", by CjOnline.com, February 28, 2014
- Topeka Capital-Journal, "Wolf apologizes for graphic X-rays", by Tim Carpenter, February 23, 2014
- USA Today coverage, "Sebelius teastifies on ObamaCare glitches", October 29, 2013
- Kathy Ostrowski on KansansForLife.WordPress.com, "Shreddergate" on Chad Taylor, February 20, 2012
- Milton Wolf, M.D., editorial on FoxNews.com, "My Cousin Barack Obama and Our ObamaCare Family Feud", May 10, 2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chad Taylor: No prosecution of Planned Parenthood for lost reports.
Budget & Economy|
Greg Orman: Report federal spending by strict accounting standards.
Chad Taylor: Budget cuts threaten basic prosecutorial services.
Charlie Hardy: Equal pay for equal work.
Chad Taylor: Successfully prosecuted 9-year-long rape case.
Chad Taylor: Successfully prosecuted case on hallucinogenic level-2 drugs.
Greg Orman: National innovation for high student achievement.
Energy & Oil|
Chad Taylor: "Wind cowboys" maintain fields of windmills in west Kansas.
Greg Orman: We can protect our environment AND create jobs.
Pat Roberts: For early farm bill, but final bill had too many subsidies.
Families & Children|
Chad Taylor: Successfully prosecuted case on child sexual exploitation.
Greg Orman: Eliminate our country's dependence on foreign creditors.
Charlie Hardy: Most military people want peace-making foreign policies.
Pat Roberts: Opposed UN ban on discrimination against disabilities.
Greg Orman: Ballot requirements hinder 3rd-party candidates.
Mark Pryor: Government shutdown is reckless & irresponsible.
Chad Taylor: Require open meetings for water utility rate-setting.
Milton Wolf: Apologizes for posting gruesome medical X-rays on Facebook.
Mark Pryor: AdWatch: False that Medicare vouchers increase seniors' cost.
Tom Cotton: AdWatch: Cotton supports Medicare "premium support" vouchers.
Mark Pryor: AdWatch: Targeted by RNC robocalls for support of ObamaCare.
Pat Roberts: First to call for Sebelius resignation over ObamaCare fiasco.
Todd Tiahrt: Calls for Sebelius resignation over ObamaCare fiasco.
Tom Cotton: Federal shut down to force ObamaCare delay by one year.
Tom Cotton: FactCheck: No special subsidies for congressional staff.
Milton Wolf: ObamaCare extends "crony health care" which began in 1929.
Milton Wolf: ObamaCare turns health insurers into public utilities.
Milton Wolf: Free market solutions ALREADY work; so add more.
Todd Tiahrt: FactCheck: Yes, ObamaCare levies some taxes before services.
Greg Orman: Understand costs of military action, including veterans.
Tom Cotton: AdWatch: No sense of entitlement from serving in military.
Chad Taylor: Advocate of a national defense respected throughout world.
Greg Orman: Illegals already here should register and pay taxes.
Greg Orman: Government should create environment conducive to job growth.
Principles & Values|
Greg Orman: Fiscally conservative, socially tolerant independent.
Greg Orman: We're sending the worst of both parties to Washington.
Greg Orman: 2010 Common Sense Coalition: give voice to sensible center.
Milton Wolf: AdWatch: Roberts doesn't live in Kansas anymore.
Milton Wolf: Career politicians are changed by Washington.
Pat Roberts: Resides in Virginia but votes in Kansas.
Mark Pryor: Campaign theme: Pryor is responsible, Cotton is reckless.
Mark Pryor: AdWatch: I believe in God and I believe in His word.
Milton Wolf: Obama is my cousin, but I oppose ObamaCare.
Greg Orman: Lack of economic growth drains Social Security.
Tom Cotton: Oppo AdWatch: supports Privatizing social security.
War & Peace|
Tom Cotton: Jihadists attack us for who we are.
Tom Cotton: Iraq War was just and noble.
The above quotations are from 2014 Kansas Senate debates.
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)