Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 New Mexico Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 NM Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jeff Apodaca (10) New Mexico Democratic candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Joe Cervantes (7) New Mexico Democratic candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Michelle Lujan-Grisham (1) Democrat U.S. Rep New Mexico-1
- Steve Pearce (10) New Mexico Republican candidate for New Mexico Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Mexico 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Farmington Daily Times, "Four Democrats vying to be next NM governor," by Hannah Grover, Aug. 3, 2017
- Los Alamos Monitor, "2 candidates stump in LA," by Tris DeRoma, August 2, 2017
- Deming Headlight, "Apodaca visits during campaign tour," by Algernon D'Ammassa, July 23, 2017
- NMPolitics.net, "What If We Invest in New Mexico?", by Jeff Apodaca, July 17, 2017
- NM Political Report, "Las Cruces legislator cites budget, jobs crisis," by Joey Peters, July 7, 2017
- Las Cruces Sun-News, "Cervantes jumps in to governor's race," by Russell Contreras, July 5, 2017
- USA Today, "Former media executive enters NM governor's race", by Russell Contreras, May 2, 2017
- Santa Fe New Mexican, "Jeff Apodaca to run for governor," by Andrew Oxford, May 2, 2017
- Albuquerque Journal, "Lujan Grisham addresses NM Legislature", 1/26/2017
- NMPolitics.net, "Guv signs open conference committee bill," by Heath Haussamen, April 5, 2009
- (More issues coverage when it becomes available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Jeff Apodaca: State reserves can prime pump for new jobs.
Jeff Apodaca: Use state reserves to boost economy.
Joe Cervantes: Corporate tax cuts failed to create jobs.
Joe Cervantes: Underfunding, lack of reform leads to more crime.
Jeff Apodaca: Legal pot, in-state tourism can boost economy.
Steve Pearce: Questions Colorado's model on pot legalization.
Joe Cervantes: Look into pot decriminalization.
Steve Pearce: Competition through choice helps schools.
Jeff Apodaca: Make state's Pre-K a year-round program.
Joe Cervantes: Emphasis on testing misguided.
Joe Cervantes: Expand pre-K to all students.
Energy & Oil|
Steve Pearce: Must include fossil fuels as well as green energy.
Jeff Apodaca: Old and new energy industries must adapt.
Jeff Apodaca: Solar power will bring money & jobs.
Joe Cervantes: Research snd develop renewable energy.
Steve Pearce: Burdensome regulations kill jobs, like logging industry.
Families & Children|
Jeff Apodaca: New jobs must come with sick leave & child care.
Joe Cervantes: Open up legislative committee meetings to public.
Steve Pearce: Allow concealed guns across state lines.
Steve Pearce: Repeal & replace ObamaCare.
Jeff Apodaca: Import foreign generic drugs to lower costs.
Steve Pearce: Our military must be second to none.
Steve Pearce: Need secure border, but human solutions.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Prohibit local law enforcement from enforcing federal law.
Jeff Apodaca: Raise minimum wage, starting at $10.
Principles & Values|
Steve Pearce: Biblical values important for government.
Jeff Apodaca: More investment in infrastructure & aerospace.
War & Peace|
Steve Pearce: Supports moving forward in Afghanistan.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jeff Apodaca New Mexico Democratic candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Joe Cervantes New Mexico Democratic candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Michelle Lujan-Grisham Democrat U.S. Rep New Mexico-1
- Steve Pearce New Mexico Republican candidate for New Mexico Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 New Mexico Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)