Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Alabama Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 AL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Christopher Countryman (12) Alabama Democratic candidate for Governor
- David Carrington (1) Alabama Republican candidate for Governor
- Tommy Battle (4) Alabama Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alabama 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Athens News Courier, "Carrington touts experience", by Adam Smith, May 11, 2017
- Dothan Eagle, "Dothan man in spotlight during same sex marriage debate," by Lance Griffin, Sep 21, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Tommy Battle: $750M in city spending to generate $2.5B private investment.
Christopher Countryman: Prepare financially for new, or expanding, state programs.
Christopher Countryman: No discrimination based on orientation or gender identity.
Christopher Countryman: Ok to refuse church services to gay couples.
Christopher Countryman: Repeatedly sought same-sex marriage license.
Christopher Countryman: Creative and cost effective ways to deter crime.
David Carrington: Education will lower drug use & need for Medicaid.
Christopher Countryman: Cutting the education budget is never a solution.
Christopher Countryman: Provide funding for college outside of sports scholarhips.
Christopher Countryman: Favors greater ability to track gun purchases.
Christopher Countryman: Quality affordable care available to everyone.
Tommy Battle: 21st Century Manufacturing Zone Act: 17,000 new jobs.
Christopher Countryman: Current minimum wage barely meets worker needs.
Principles & Values|
Tommy Battle: Conservative values from first job in his dad's restaurant.
Tommy Battle: Longtime member of Trinity United Methodist Church.
Christopher Countryman: Protect churches but not in non-religious public services.
Christopher Countryman: Supports targeted spending cuts and tax cuts.
The above quotations are from 2018 Alabama Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)