Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Alabama Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 AL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Countryman (12) Alabama Democratic candidate for Alabama Governor
- David Carrington (1) Alabama Republican candidate for Alabama Governor
- Stacy Lee George (9) Alabama Republican candidate for Alabama U. S. Governor
- Tommy Battle (4) Alabama Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alabama 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Birmingham News, " Ivey, Maddox trade barbs over ethics," by Howard Koplowit, Jul 25 2018
- The Auburn Plainsman, "Hardening school security over arming teachers," by Chip Brownlee, March 6, 2018
- Huffington Post, "Alaska House GOP LOLs at Civil Unions," by Jeanne Devon, December 6, 2017
- CorrectionsOne, "How Alaska's big criminal-justice reform law came to be," by Herz, Kelly, & Boots, Oct. 24, 2017
- Anchorage Daily News, "Legislature produced an open, responsible state budget," by Reps. Chenault & Meyer, Sept. 29, 2016
- Must Read Alaska, "Chenault files letter of intent for governor," by Suzanne Downing, September 12, 2017
- Athens News Courier, "Carrington touts experience", by Adam Smith, May 11, 2017
- Yellow Hammer Radio, "Apply Huntsville strategy for success to ALL of Alabama," by Scott Chambers, May 3, 2017
- Montgomery Advertiser, "Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle running for governor," by Brian Lyman, April 28, 2017
- WHNT News 19, "Concerned citizens ask to create a sanctuary city," by Kristen Conner, Feb. 23, 2017
- Anchorage Daily News, "Anti-abortion group conspires to kill their bill," by Nathaniel Herz, September 28, 2016
- Anchorage Daily News, "Sue over Medicaid, to protect checks and balances," by Sen. Meyer & Mike Chenault, July 7, 2016
- Anchorage Daily News, "Natural gas project negotiations," by Mike Chenault, June 29, 2016
- Alaska Public Media, "Balance budget with mix of cuts, new revenue," by Lori Townsend, January 19, 2016
- Dothan Eagle, "Dothan man in spotlight during same sex marriage debate," by Lance Griffin, Sep 21, 2015
- Juneau Empire, "Mixed testimony on deportation bill," by Matt Woolbright, March 25, 2014
- SRW&Associates, "Huntsville Mayor to be recognized by Southeast energy alliance," by Clay Crownover, Sept. 12, 2013
- CityLab.com, "Urban Sustainability's Missing Ingredient? Education," by Corbin Hiar, May 8, 2012
- Daily Herald Extra, "Alaska anti-gun-control law takes effect," By Matt Volz, October 2005
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Stacy Lee George: Vocational training key to jobs program.
Tommy Battle: $750M in city spending to generate $2.5B private investment.
Chris Countryman: Prepare financially for new, or expanding, state programs.
Chris Countryman: No discrimination based on orientation or gender identity.
Chris Countryman: Ok to refuse church services to gay couples.
Chris Countryman: Repeatedly sought same-sex marriage license.
Stacy Lee George: Unburden prisons with path for reformed inmates.
Chris Countryman: Creative and cost effective ways to deter crime.
David Carrington: Education will lower drug use & need for Medicaid.
Stacy Lee George: Local control but invest in teachers.
Chris Countryman: Cutting the education budget is never a solution.
Chris Countryman: Provide funding for college outside of sports scholarhips.
Stacy Lee George: End corruption; turn Alabama into model state.
Stacy Lee George: Unequivocally support the Second Amendment.
Chris Countryman: Favors greater ability to track gun purchases.
Stacy Lee George: Local control of Medicaid; no single payer.
Chris Countryman: Quality affordable care available to everyone.
Stacy Lee George: Will focus on caring for veterans.
Tommy Battle: 21st Century Manufacturing Zone Act: 17,000 new jobs.
Chris Countryman: Current minimum wage barely meets worker needs.
Principles & Values|
Tommy Battle: Conservative values from first job in his dad's restaurant.
Tommy Battle: Longtime member of Trinity United Methodist Church.
Chris Countryman: Protect churches but not in non-religious public services.
Stacy Lee George: New lottery will raise money at low cost.
Stacy Lee George: Modest changes can ease tax burden.
Chris Countryman: Supports targeted spending cuts and tax cuts.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Countryman Alabama Democratic candidate for Alabama Governor
- David Carrington Alabama Republican candidate for Alabama Governor
- Stacy Lee George Alabama Republican candidate for Alabama U. S. Governor
- Tommy Battle Alabama Republican candidate for Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Alabama Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)