Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Maryland Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 MD Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Alec Ross (6) Maryland Democratic candidate for Governor
- Larry Hogan (2) Maryland Republican Governor
- Maya Cummings (1) Maryland Democratic candidate for Maryland governor
- Richard Madaleno (11) Maryland Democratic candidate for Maryland Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Maryland 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Washington Post, "Emily's List endorses Rockeymoore Cummings for governor," by Ovetta Wiggins, October 30 2017
- The Diamondback, "Alec Ross visits UMD to help register students to vote," by Naomi Grant, Sept. 27, 2017
- Washington Post, "Candidate shares son's health story, slams Congress," by Josh Hicks, July 26, 2017
- WBAL-TV, "Gubernatorial candidates say state could do more to help Baltimore," by Jayne Miller, June 20, 2017
- The Diamondback (University of Maryland), "Lawmakers are fighting to legalize recreational marijuana," by Lexie Schapitl, March 2, 2017
- Capital Gazette, "Maryland Democrats introduce gun safety legislation," by Rachel Bluth, Feb. 10, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Maya Cummings: Emily's List endorsement.
Richard Madaleno: Supported Planned Parenthood when Feds tried to cut.
Richard Madaleno: Committed to fighting for marriage equality & LGBTQ rights.
Richard Madaleno: Support smaller businesses as job creators.
Alec Ross: Education key to addressing crime.
Richard Madaleno: Opioid epidemic is health issue, not criminal one.
Alec Ross: Let's see response to medical marijuana.
Richard Madaleno: Co-sponsored marijuana legalization bill.
Richard Madaleno: Public schools are the key to our future.
Alec Ross: One Economy: Internet & content to low-income schools.
Energy & Oil|
Richard Madaleno: Maryland should lead way on renewable energy.
Alec Ross: Ready to confront major polluters.
Larry Hogan: Vetoed restoring voting rights to 40,000 ex-offenders.
Larry Hogan: Undo restored voting rights to ex-felons.
Richard Madaleno: Sponsored ban on guns on campus.
Richard Madaleno: Single-payer would be ideal outcome.
Alec Ross: Favors public option over single payer.
Richard Madaleno: Raise minimum wage to $15 to boost economy.
Richard Madaleno: Investment for all transportation, not partisan slush fund.
Alec Ross: Obama/Clinton advisor on internet freedom & technology.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Alec Ross Maryland Democratic candidate for Governor
- Larry Hogan Maryland Republican Governor
- Maya Cummings Maryland Democratic candidate for Maryland governor
- Richard Madaleno Maryland Democratic candidate for Maryland Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Maryland Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)