Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2017 New Jersey Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2017 NJ Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Christie (2) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Jack Ciattarelli (5) New Jersey Republican
- Jim McGreevey (2) Former Democratic Governor (2002-2004)
- Joe Rullo (8) New Jersey Republican
- Kim Guadagno (12) New Jersey Republican candidate for Governor
- Phil Murphy (9) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial nominee
- Ray Lesniak (5) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
- Stephen Sweeney (1)
- Steve Fulop (15) New Jersey Democratic 2017 Gubernatorial candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Jersey 2017 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Newark Star-Ledger, "Maybe we should tax commuters from NYC to retaliate for 'congestion pricing', by Rob Jennings, 4/2/2019
- Bergen Record, "GOP assemblyman sparks Confederate flag controversy," by Dustin Racioppi and Nicholas Pugliese, Aug. 30, 2017
- Bergen Record , "LGBT festival-goers express disdain for Trump's transgender ban," by Ricardo Kaulessar, Aug. 26, 2017
- The Observer, "Guadagno Makes Long-Shot Bid for Public Safety Workers," by Christian Hetrick, 08/23/17
- Newark Star-Ledger, "Life and death, Murphy says after Planned Parenthood," by Matt Arco, Aug. 10, 2017
- Newark Star-Ledger, "Guadagno moves left in a right-wing party," by Paul Mulshine, May 11, 2017
- Asbury Park Press (APP.com), "5 things about Kim Guadagno," by Mike Davis, May 11, 2017
- Newark Star-Ledger, "11 things you should know about Kim Guadagno," by Claude Brodesser-Akner, Jan. 17, 2017
- The Forward, "Jewish mayor finds strong backing among Muslims", by Michael Kaminer, September 5, 2016
- Newark Star-Ledger (NJ.com), "Raising the minimum wage",OpEd by Steve Fulop, March 12, 2016
- Bergen Record (NorthJersey.com), "Strict limits on solitary confinement", by John C. Ensslin, March 11, 2016
- Newark Star-Ledger, "Pilot program to bring jobs to food stamp recipients," by Tom Haydon, March 10, 2016
- Bergen Record, "Development to Liberty State Park", by Scott Fallon, January 21, 2016
- Newark Star Ledger, "Wisely choosing clinical treatment for heroin abuse", by Jim McGreevey, 12/16/2015
- Bergen Record, "NJ extends bear hunt", by Jim Norman and Richard Cowen, 12/13/2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kim Guadagno: Supports women's healthcare; pro-choice.
Budget & Economy|
Jack Ciattarelli: 5% to 10% reduction in the state government workforce.
Kim Guadagno: Won't criticize Republican with Confederate flag.
Kim Guadagno: Comfortable with LGBT but won't criticize ban.
Kim Guadagno: Work with businesses to cut state regulations in half.
Jack Ciattarelli: 10-year phase out of the corporate business tax.
Phil Murphy: Focus on racial justice with marijuana legalization.
Kim Guadagno: Decriminalization, not legalization.
Joe Rullo: Make it a living hell for heroin dealers in NJ.
Jim McGreevey: Offer behavioral drug treatment to addicted inmates.
Jim McGreevey: Transition addicted inmates to outpatient drug treatment.
Steve Fulop: Transition addicted inmates to outpatient drug treatment.
Ray Lesniak: Ultimately we'll get legalization but wait for other states.
Ray Lesniak: Study legalization of recreational cannabis in other states.
Steve Fulop: Wait for other states to see pro's and con's of legalization.
Steve Fulop: Study legalization of recreational cannabis in other states.
Kim Guadagno: Merit pay for teachers; school choice for parents.
Jack Ciattarelli: Limit aid to overfunded school districts.
Joe Rullo: Stop saddling parents and students with Common Core.
Joe Rullo: Merge roles of school superintendents and administrators.
Phil Murphy: Focus on STEM to make Silicon Valley in New Jersey.
Phil Murphy: Reignite NJ science hotbed by focusing on STEM sector.
Energy & Oil|
Kim Guadagno: Favor wind turbines on Jersey coast.
Joe Rullo: Repeal the 23-cent gas tax.
Phil Murphy: Raise gas tax to renew Transportation Trust Fund.
Phil Murphy: It stinks, but raise the gas tax to fund transportation.
Steve Fulop: Gas tax is essentially a user fee for motorists.
Steve Fulop: Variable rate gas tax with automatic inflation increase.
Phil Murphy: Commit to protecting shores with long-term enviro plan.
Phil Murphy: Long-term planning via Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.
Chris Christie: Develop Liberty State Park to generate more revenue.
Stephen Sweeney: Stall development of Liberty State Park until Christie gone.
Steve Fulop: Stall development of Liberty State Park until Christie gone.
Ray Lesniak: Ban baiting of deer and bear during hunting.
Families & Children|
Steve Fulop: Require companies to grant paid sick leave.
Phil Murphy: Former U.S. ambassador to Germany, appointed by Obama.
Phil Murphy: I don't owe the political insiders anything.
Joe Rullo: Goal is concealed carry without justifiable need.
Ray Lesniak: Buy police weapons from socially responsible gun sellers.
Steve Fulop: Reward "socially responsible" gun distributors.
Jack Ciattarelli: Discontinue ObamaCare Cadillac health insurance plans.
Steve Fulop: Partner with public health groups to fight urban disparities.
Steve Fulop: Combat health disparities that plague cities.
Kim Guadagno: Head of the Military Growth Task Force.
Joe Rullo: Eliminate state income taxes on all veterans' pensions.
Steve Fulop: Denounced theory that Jersey City Muslims cheered 9/11.
Kim Guadagno: Against sanctuary state.
Joe Rullo: Eliminate sanctuary cities across NJ.
Steve Fulop: More outreach to involve immigrants in civic life.
Kim Guadagno: Against minimum wage hike.
Steve Fulop: Jersey City first to raise the minimum wage to $15.
Jack Ciattarelli: Limit retirement pensions for public retirees.
Kim Guadagno: High state property taxes drive businesses to other states.
Joe Rullo: Reduce property taxes; repeal gas tax; veto new taxes.
Steve Fulop: No municipal tax increase for third year in a row.
Steve Fulop: We make government work well with no municipal tax increase.
Kim Guadagno: Infrastructure plan without gas tax or toll increases.
Welfare & Poverty|
Chris Christie: Food stamps recipients must be in job training programs.
Ray Lesniak: Private donations for job training for SNAP recipients.
The above quotations are from 2017 New Jersey Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)