Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Iowa Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 IA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andy McGuire (14) Iowa Democratic candidate for Governor
- Kim Reynolds (3) Iowa Republican
- Nate Boulton (10) Iowa Democratic candidate for Governor
- Rich Leopold (6) Iowa Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Iowa 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Quad-City Times, "Boulton campaigns for governor," by Ed Tibbetts May 5, 2017
- The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, "Abortion-funding restriction," by Rod Boshart Feb 2, 2017
- Siouxland's News KTIV, article on Governor Branstad's budget cuts, Jan. 12, 2017
- Marshalltown Times Republican, "Leopold reaches out to rural voters," Jan 8, 2017
- Carroll's Paper, "Reynolds says abortion 'murder,' open to idea of civil unions for gays," by Douglas Burns, Nov. 2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Nate Boulton: Anti-abortion law hurts women's healthcare access.
Andy McGuire: Restore Planned Parenthood funding from the dark ages.
Kim Reynolds: Abortion is equivalent to murder, but different penalty.
Budget & Economy|
Kim Reynolds: Defended $100 million budget cuts from previous fiscal year.
Andy McGuire: No more handouts for big corporations.
Andy McGuire: Strategize for economic development in rural Iowa.
Kim Reynolds: Voters should decide gay marriage, not the courts.
Nate Boulton: Tax credits & corporate giveaways have hurt economy.
Andy McGuire: State loans for new or expanding small town businesses.
Nate Boulton: Public safety & police can't be done on the cheap.
Rich Leopold: Services for people still suffering with addiction.
Andy McGuire: Fund programs for mental health.
Nate Boulton: State must fund public schools, not voucher schemes.
Nate Boulton: Supports teacher's unions to attract best teachers.
Andy McGuire: Restore cuts: put students ahead of lobbyists.
Andy McGuire: Restore $21M in cuts to higher education.
Energy & Oil|
Nate Boulton: 50% renewable energy by 2025.
Rich Leopold: Supports strong wind industry in Iowa.
Andy McGuire: Trump full of hot air on wind power.
Nate Boulton: Funding water trust fund improves safety & tourism.
Rich Leopold: Let's Go Outside: stewardship of Iowa's land, air, and water.
Rich Leopold: Listen to rural voters while promoting clean water.
Families & Children|
Andy McGuire: Time for state Family/Medical Leave Act.
Nate Boulton: Focus on vulnerable people rather than corporate profits.
Rich Leopold: Our handling of mental illness & medical coverage is abysmal.
Andy McGuire: Healthcare is a right for all Iowans.
Andy McGuire: Reduce costs through preventive care, lower drug prices.
Nate Boulton: $15 minimum wage indexed to inflation.
Andy McGuire: Dedicate resources to apprenticeships & job training.
Andy McGuire: Raise the minimum wage to $15/hr.
Andy McGuire: Restoring collective bargaining for Iowa workers.
Principles & Values|
Rich Leopold: I'm a person of faith; I volunteer with faith-based groups.
Nate Boulton: Invest in rural infrastructure, including for tourism.
The above quotations are from 2018 Iowa Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)