Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Massachusetts Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 MA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Massie (3) Massachusetts Democratic candidate for Massachusetts Governor
- Charlie Baker (3) Massachusetts Republican Governor
- Jay Gonzalez (13) Massachusetts Democratic candidate for Governor
- Setti Warren (17) Massachusetts Democratic Challenger 2018
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Massachusetts 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Boston Metro, "Baker says mind open on sanctuary status," State House News Service, 7/12/2017
- Lynn Daily Item, "Warren Campaigns on Transportation Promise", by Thomas Grillo, May 26, 2017
- WGBH Boston Public Radio, "First, He Learned To Walk Again. Now, Bob Massie Is Running For Governor", by Tori Bedford, May 18, 2017
- Boston Herald, "Gonzalez outlines thrust of gubernatorial run," by Jordan Frias, April 26, 2017
- WBUR 90.9 FM, NPR radio, "Environmentalist Robert Massie Announces Run," by Ally Jarmanning, April 24, 2017
- Wicked Local Marshfield, "Meet the candidate: Jay Gonzalez", Apr 21, 2017
- MassLive.com, Gonzalez pledges to oppose Trump," by Dan Glaun, Apr 3, 2017
- Boston Herald, "Newton mayor affirms his cityís sanctuary stance," March 30, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jay Gonzalez: Close the federal gap in funding for Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Setti Warren: Closed $40M deficit in city of Newton & maintained services.
Setti Warren: Transgender military ban makes us less safe.
Jay Gonzalez: Hate and discrimination based on sexual orientation isn't OK.
Jay Gonzalez: Continue Massachusetts leadership like on marriage equality.
Bob Massie: Supports legal marijuana from local businesses.
Jay Gonzalez: Support addicts and get them on a path to recovery.
Jay Gonzalez: Ok to tweak marijuana law, but the people have spoken.
Setti Warren: Invest in new school facilities & classroom resources.
Bob Massie: Charter schools should be limited.
Jay Gonzalez: Take on big challenge of making college affordable.
Jay Gonzalez: Fierce advocate for high-quality early education.
Energy & Oil|
Setti Warren: Support use of wind, solar, & other renewable energy.
Bob Massie: Transform the state completely by pursuing renewable energy.
Setti Warren: Reinstate Lynn ferry service and extend the Blue Line.
Families & Children|
Jay Gonzalez: Quality childcare and preschool from birth to age 5.
Setti Warren: Public records laws for open and transparent governing.
Setti Warren: Health care is a right; support single-payer.
Setti Warren: Move us towards single-payer healthcare.
Charlie Baker: Opposed Republican bill to eliminate ObamaCare.
Jay Gonzalez: System is fundamentally dysfunctional; we need single-payer.
Jay Gonzalez: Health insurance coverage for low-income residents.
Setti Warren: Local police shouldn't enforce immigration law.
Charlie Baker: Open to ideas from Latino advisers on sanctuary state.
Setti Warren: Make City Hall an immigrant sanctuary to lead sanctuary city.
Jay Gonzalez: No round-up of immigrants by National Guard.
Jay Gonzalez: Safe Communities: no Muslim registry; no state enforcement.
Setti Warren: Unions let workers fight economic inequality.
Setti Warren: $15 minimum wage and paid family leave.
Setti Warren: Raise taxes on wealthy; close loopholes.
Setti Warren: Eliminate tax breaks; wealthy pay their fair share.
Setti Warren: Build cross-state rail service.
Setti Warren: Reconstruct roadways; establish innovation centers.
Setti Warren: Public transportation systems are underfunded.
Charlie Baker: Lynn ferry service wasn't worth the $700,000 operating cost.
Jay Gonzalez: High-speed rail between Springfield and Boston.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Massie Massachusetts Democratic candidate for Massachusetts Governor
- Charlie Baker Massachusetts Republican Governor
- Jay Gonzalez Massachusetts Democratic candidate for Governor
- Setti Warren Massachusetts Democratic Challenger 2018
The above quotations are from 2018 Massachusetts Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)