Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Maine Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 ME Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Eric Brakey (10) Candiadte for U.S Senate from Maine Maine
- Janet Mills (10) Maine Democratic candidate for Maine Governor
- Mary Mayhew (2) Maine Republican candidate for Maine Governor
- Paul LePage (1) Maine Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Maine 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Sun Journal, "Candidates back gun ownership at Colby College debate," by Colin Ellis, Feb. 27, 2018
- Bangor Daily News, "Candidates throw jabs but no knockout punches in debate," by Michael Shepherd, Feb. 1, 2018
- WAGM-TV, "Mills joins 13 states rejecting 'deep and damaging EPA cuts'," December 21, 2017
- Press Herald, "Mills: We need to get the genie back in the pill bottle," October 15, 2017
- Press Herald, "Democrats agree on need to improve health care, economy," by Jason Pafundi, September 28, 2017
- U.S. News & World Report, "A.G. Not Commenting on Abortion Suit," September 20, 2017
- Bangor Daily News, "Poverty isn't eliminated by threatening the poor," by Lance Dutson, Sept. 18, 2017
- CNN.com, "LePage: Civil War was initially fought over land," by Nathan McDermott and Andrew Kaczynski, 8/22/2017
- Journal Tribune, "Mayhew hopes to 'build on what we've accomplished'," by Ryder Schumacher, Aug. 9, 20117
- The Lincoln County News, "Mayhew Campaign Makes Lincoln County Debut," by Abigail W. Adams, July 5, 2017
- Press Herald, "Shine a light on high drug prices and go after gougers," by Janet T. Mills, June 28, 2017
- Forbes Magazine, "Maine Shows How To Make Welfare Work," by Jared Meyer, June 1, 2017
- Bangor Daily News, "LePage proposes eliminating funding for Civil Rights Team," by Beth Brogan, May 27, 2017
- RedAlertPolitics.com, "Defeat DC Kings; Elect Libertarians," by Ryan Girdusky, April 30, 2017
- Press-Herald, "Commentary: DHHS fighting Maine's drug crisis," by Mary Mayhew, April 14, 2017
- News Center Maine, "Clergy, low income, immigrant groups protest DHHS budget," by Don Carrigan, Feb. 22, 2017
- Bangor Daily News, "How $13M in unlawful spending took shape in Mayhew's DHHS," by Matthew Stone, Feb. 7, 2017
- Press Herald, "Mills among 17 nationwide who condemn Trump's ban on refugees," by Dennis Hoey, January 29, 2017
- Maine Public, "Blue Ribbon Commission Charged With Violating Law," by Mal Leary, July 8, 2016
- Maine Public, "S&P Settlement Yields Maine More Than $21.5 Million," February 4, 2015
- Bangor Daily News, "LePage defies AG Mills' demand to release welfare study," by Mario Moretto, January 9, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Janet Mills: No comment on lawsuit to expand abortion access.
Budget & Economy|
Eric Brakey: The government takes enough; we shouldn't raise taxes.
Eric Brakey: Not just for economic freedom but also personal freedom.
Paul LePage: Confederate monuments are about a war for land.
Janet Mills: Decries proposal to eliminate Civil Rights Funding.
Eric Brakey: Cut $400M in corporate welfare & return it to the people.
Janet Mills: Won $21.5M settlement against S&P's mortgage practices.
Janet Mills: Investigate role of opioid manufacturers in drug abuse.
Janet Mills: Commission on Education Reform must follow open meetings law.
Energy & Oil|
Janet Mills: Wean ourselves off fossil fuels.
Janet Mills: Joins coalition to reject proposed cuts in funding to EPA.
Eric Brakey: The second amendment is essential for liberty.
Eric Brakey: Bipartisan Republican leads the charge to less gun control.
Mary Mayhew: Absolutely opposed to Medicaid expansion.
Janet Mills: Her office took on drug manufacturer Mylan on price gouging.
Eric Brakey: Do better than backdoor deals that led to ObamaCare.
Eric Brakey: Apply principles of freedom to broken healthcare system.
Eric Brakey: Apply limited government philosophy to the military.
Janet Mills: Condemns President's ban on refugees.
Mary Mayhew: Cut tax burden for employers.
Eric Brakey: Voted against raising the lodging tax to 10.5%.
War & Peace|
Eric Brakey: Learn from the past: we don't need another Mideast war.
Welfare & Poverty|
Janet Mills: Demands release of publically funded welfare study.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Eric Brakey Candiadte for U.S Senate from Maine Maine
- Janet Mills Maine Democratic candidate for Maine Governor
- Mary Mayhew Maine Republican candidate for Maine Governor
- Paul LePage Maine Republican Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Maine Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)