Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Alaska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 AK Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Walker (10) Alaska Independent Governor
- Charlie Huggins (4) Alaska Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
- Lisa Murkowski (1) Republican Sr Senator Alaska
- Mark Begich (4) Alaska Democratic candidate for governor
- Mead Treadwell (3) Alaska Republican Lt. Governor
- Mike Chenault (11) Alaska Republican Candidate for governor of Alaska
- Mike Dunleavy (10) Alaska Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
- Sean Parnell (1) Alaska Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alaska 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Politico.com, “Alaska governor's race turned upside down by incumbent's late dropout,” by Daniel Strauss, 10/25/2018
- Anchorage Daily News, “Candidates for Alaska governor talk crime and oil,” by Annie Zak & Tegan Hanlon, Sep. 11, 2018
- Anchorage Press, “Walker and Begich spar in 'Accelerate Alaska' debate,” by Tim Bradner, Aug 30, 2018
- CBS News, “Alaska primary apparently sets stage for 3-way governor's race,” August 22, 2018
- Anchorage Daily News, “Q&A with GOP gubernatorial candidates Dunleavy and Treadwell,” by Annie Zak, Aug. 16, 2018
- KTUU.com, “Gov. Walker highlights Medicaid expansion on 3rd anniversary,” by Cameron Mackintosh, Aug. 3, 2018
- KCAW and KTOO, “Chenault to Sitka Chamber: 'I know how government should work',” by Robert Woolsey, May 21, 2018
- Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, "Decision-makers have failed Alaskans," by Mike Dunleavy, May 10, 2018
- The Hill, "Alaska governor signs order on climate change strategy," by Devin Henry, 10/31/17
- Daily News-Miner, "Walker among governors who back health plan," by Erin Granger, Oct 20, 2017
- FOX 6 Now, "Walker signs state budget in advance of re-election run," by Theo Keith and AP, Sept. 21, 2017
- Juneau Empire, "Serious concerns, but Gov. Walker stands behind legal marijuana," by James Brooks, Aug. 16, 2017
- Anchorage Daily News, “Bill to bar 'abortion providers' from Alaska schools,” by Nathaniel Herz, September 28, 2016
- Anchorage Daily News, "Mike Dunleavy, candidate for Alaska Senate District E, answers questions," July 8, 2016
- Juneau Empire, "Senate reshapes Alaska's criminal landscape," by James Brooks, April 12, 2016
- Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, “Alaska Legislature hypocritical when it comes to gun laws,” March 17, 2016
- Radio Kenai, “Dunleavy Calls for Governor to Block Immigration,” by Catie Quinn, November 17, 2015
- Anchorage Daily News, "Alaska's oil tax cut is working, give it a chance," by Charlie Huggins, August 15, 2014
- NRA-ILA Institute for legislative action, "Alaska: Governor protects Second Amendment rights," June 24, 2013
- Huffington Post, "Permission Slips from Men for Abortion?", by Jeanne Devon May 21, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Lisa Murkowski: Joined Democrats to fund Planned Parenthood.
Mike Chenault: Says he's pro life defending a sidelined anti-abortion bill.
Charlie Huggins: Supports mandatory ultrasounds.
Budget & Economy|
Mike Chenault: Believes in both budget cuts and selective revenue sources.
Mike Chenault: Lambasted laughing at same-sex equality issue, apologizes.
Bill Walker: Invest 1% from Permanent Fund in new business startups.
Mike Chenault: I know how business works and I know how government works.
Mike Dunleavy: Let's shut down crime instead of sweeping it under the rug.
Mike Chenault: Was co-signer of mandate requesting prison reform solutions.
Charlie Huggins: Oppose leniency for criminals; support protection for victim.
Mike Dunleavy: Comprehensive approach including prosecution & interdiction.
Bill Walker: Let states continue to experiment with pot.
Mark Begich: Guarantee school funding; endorsed by state NEA.
Mike Dunleavy: Manager of cutting-edge statewide teacher mentor project.
Bill Walker: Expand voucher eligibility.
Mike Chenault: Students futures depend on an education that prepares them.
Energy & Oil|
Mark Begich: Green Bank to fund energy conservation and development.
Mike Dunleavy: Backs Donlin goldmine/pipeline, for huge energy opportunity.
Mike Chenault: Natural gas pipeline & North Slope development are crucial.
Charlie Huggins: Endorses oil tax reform to increase production.
Bill Walker: Opposes "Stand for Salmon"; we need development instead.
Mark Begich: Supports the "Stand for Salmon" ballot measure.
Mike Dunleavy: Opposes the "Stand for Salmon" ballot measure.
Mike Dunleavy: Monetize timber instead of letting it burn or rot.
Bill Walker: Open Donlin goldmine; deal with mercury & cyanide monitoring.
Mark Begich: Gold mine can co-exist with Native subsistence lifestyle.
Mead Treadwell: Mines employ a lot of people; open Donlin gold mine.
Bill Walker: State should address climate change.
Bill Walker: Avoid an unnecessary trade war with China.
Mike Chenault: Backs new law that allows concealed weapons across state.
Charlie Huggins: Strong backer of Alaskan's Second Amendment rights.
Sean Parnell: Strong backer of Alaskan's Second Amendment rights.
Bill Walker: 2015: expanded Medicaid himself after Legislature opted out.
Mike Dunleavy: Eliminate all health care assistance by government.
Bill Walker: Bipartisan compromise on healthcare.
Mike Chenault: Any expansion of Medicaid must be result of careful analysis.
Mike Dunleavy: Against relaxing immigration laws for refugees.
Mike Chenault: Proposes bill that could mean certain deportation by judges.
Mead Treadwell: Exporting raw materials means exporting jobs.
Principles & Values|
Bill Walker: Unity ticket: running as Independent with Democrat Lt. Gov.
Mead Treadwell: Invest Permanent Fund to create dividends instead of taxes.
Mike Chenault: Priority in budget for renewable energy infrastructure.
Mike Dunleavy: Put infrastructure funds into maintenance, not just building.
Welfare & Poverty|
Mike Dunleavy: Alaska has gone from hand-up to a handout welfare state.
The above quotations are from 2018 Alaska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)