Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Texas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 TX Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andrew White (12) Texas Democratic candidate for Texas Governor
- Greg Abbott (5) Texas Republican Governor
- Lupe Valdez (19) Texas Democratic candidate for governor of Texas
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Texas 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Texas Tribune, "Abbott proposes bail reform after death of DPS trooper", by Jolie McCullough, Aug 7, 2018
- Slate.com, "Democratic Nominee for Texas Governor Is a Lukewarm Win for Progressives." by Christina Cauterucci, May 23, 2018
- Houston Chronicle, "How Valdez, White differ on key issues in the governor's race," by Mike Ward, May 18, 2018
- San Antonio Express News, "Lupe Valdez open to tax increase if elected governor," by Peggy Fikac, Jan. 18, 2018
- Dallas News, "White says he's the best candidate to beat Abbott," by Gromer Jeffers, January 5, 2018
- Texas Tribune, "Who is Lupe Valdez, the Dallas County sheriff running for governor?," by Cassandra Pollock, Dec. 6, 2017
- Houston Chronicle, "We Must Strengthen Our Working Relationship with Mexico," Op-Ed by Greg Abbott, Sep. 5, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Lupe Valdez: Endorsed by Planned Parenthood.
Andrew White: Firm proponent of women's right to make her own decisions.
Budget & Economy|
Lupe Valdez: Economy should provide security & opportunity.
Lupe Valdez: Pledges to fight for equality for gay community.
Andrew White: No more political games; fight for all human rights.
Lupe Valdez: End the era of mass incarceration, plus major reforms.
Greg Abbott: Raise bail when past criminals are re-arrested.
Lupe Valdez: Too many people are kept in jail simply because they're poor.
Greg Abbott: More drug testing for unemployment insurance applicants.
Lupe Valdez: The right education starts with fixing school finance system.
Andrew White: Close $5 billion property tax loophole to aid schools.
Energy & Oil|
Lupe Valdez: Supporter of clean energy options in wind and solar.
Andrew White: Believes in climate change and will act to address it.
Greg Abbott: Clean Power Plan is an EPA power grab.
Lupe Valdez: Protect the environment by taking proactive measures.
Families & Children|
Lupe Valdez: Pro paid sick leave; choosing job over sick family is wrong.
Greg Abbott: Expand Texas' robust trade relationship with Canada.
Greg Abbott: Expand Texas' long-standing trade partnership with Mexico.
Lupe Valdez: Fight against discriminatory voter identification laws.
Andrew White: Fight to end the non-competitive gerrymandering system.
Lupe Valdez: For common sense gun control measures; keep community safe.
Andrew White: Not anti-gun but we need universal background checks.
Lupe Valdez: Must expand Medicaid; give access to rural communities.
Andrew White: 4-step plan to reduce healthcare costs for everyone.
Lupe Valdez: Wants all veterans to receive the benefits they have earned.
Andrew White: Help first responders with citizen-led response teams.
Lupe Valdez: Worked for Dept. of Homeland Security & then elected sheriff.
Lupe Valdez: Wants immigration reform that gives a pathway to citizenship.
Andrew White: Weak borders are "Open for Business" for criminals.
Andrew White: Sanctuary City laws force police to do border patrol work.
Lupe Valdez: Supports increasing minimum wage, making college affordable.
Andrew White: Knows how to create jobs and make progress.
Principles & Values|
Lupe Valdez: Supports Texas Bill of Rights, rooted in Democratic values.
Andrew White: Unfair tax burden at state level on homeowners.
Lupe Valdez: Open to increasing taxes but not a state income tax.
Lupe Valdez: Invest in expanded transportation infrastructure.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Andrew White Texas Democratic candidate for Texas Governor
- Greg Abbott Texas Republican Governor
- Lupe Valdez Texas Democratic candidate for governor of Texas
The above quotations are from 2018 Texas Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)