Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Wisconsin Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 WI Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Harlow (16) Wisconsin Democratic candidate for Governor
- Jim Doyle (1) Wisconsin Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Kathleen Vinehout (16) Wisconsin Democratic candidate for Wisconsin Governor
- Scott Walker (1) Wisconsin WI Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Wisconsin 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Door County Pulse, "Lawyers, Guns and Money Occupy Dems at Pie Party," by Jim Lundstrom, Mar 2, 2018
- The Cap Times, "Farmers speak up for immigrants, safety, schools," by Kathleen Vinehout, February 3, 2018
- Journal Sentinel, "Vinehout is the latest Democrat to run for governor," by Jason Stein, September 25, 2017
- The Tomah Journal, "What budget choices would you make?," by Steve Rundio, June 5, 2017
- Fox6now.com, "3 more possible candidates opt out of Wisconsin governor's race," by Theo Keith, April 2, 2017
- The Christian Science Monitor, "How tax cuts changed Wisconsin," by Simon Montlake, November 3, 2016
- The Cap Times, "Family Care and IRIS privatization stopped," by Sen Kathleen Vinehout, June 17, 2016
- Stanford Daily, "Q&A with Bob Harlow, a Stanford student running for Congress," by Fangzhou Liu, May 4, 2016
- Monologues of Dissent (blog), "Vinehout: The MoD Interview," by Heather DuBois Bourenane, December 10, 2013
- (More issues coverage when it becomes available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kathleen Vinehout: Respect woman's right to make her own decision on abortion.
Bob Harlow: Support a woman's right to control her body.
Budget & Economy|
Kathleen Vinehout: Investing in more support for people helps economy thrive.
Kathleen Vinehout: Equality requires real change and hard work by everyone.
Bob Harlow: Give our LGBT brothers & sisters their rights.
Kathleen Vinehout: New businesses need local services and cultural amenities.
Bob Harlow: Competitive grants to small business plus startup incubators.
Kathleen Vinehout: Revamp policies so we don't jail so many.
Bob Harlow: Get people out of prisons and back to living their lives.
Kathleen Vinehout: 30% budget cuts but shift to drug addiction and recovery.
Kathleen Vinehout: Let's get back to old fashioned teaching in the schools.
Bob Harlow: Fund every student above the national per-pupil average.
Energy & Oil|
Bob Harlow: No new pipelines; no new strip-mines.
Kathleen Vinehout: Preserve natural resources for future generations.
Bob Harlow: Annual tests for heavy metals in all drinking water.
Families & Children|
Kathleen Vinehout: Fan of Family Care programs defeating privatization.
Kathleen Vinehout: Eliminate the tools that diminish our democracy.
Bob Harlow: NRA is crazy; common-sense gun legislation needed.
Kathleen Vinehout: NRA "A" rating on gun rights reflects constituents' culture.
Kathleen Vinehout: Healthcare is more than a right; it's a moral obligation.
Bob Harlow: Full health coverage of your choice, capped at 9% of income.
Kathleen Vinehout: Farmers want their immigrant workers able to obtain licenses.
Kathleen Vinehout: No magic formula to more jobs, just create the environment.
Bob Harlow: Undo Act 10; restore collective bargaining rights.
Bob Harlow: Repeal Walker's legislation that banned unionized workplaces.
Bob Harlow: Balance budget but protect Social Security and Medicare.
Kathleen Vinehout: $1.7B in business tax breaks should shift to schools.
Bob Harlow: 10% increase for those making more than $1 million.
Bob Harlow: High speed rail will bring down housing costs.
Bob Harlow: Build 200 mile-per-hour high-speed rail network in Wisconsin.
Jim Doyle: Bring high-speed rail to Wisconsin.
Scott Walker: Cancel high-speed rail plans.
Bob Harlow: 1 Gb internet in every home, plus 200 mph high speed rail.
Welfare & Poverty|
Kathleen Vinehout: As a society, we must help and support those that need it.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Harlow Wisconsin Democratic candidate for Governor
- Jim Doyle Wisconsin Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Kathleen Vinehout Wisconsin Democratic candidate for Wisconsin Governor
- Scott Walker Wisconsin WI Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
The above quotations are from 2018 Wisconsin Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)