Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Oklahoma Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 OK Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Powell (20) Oklahoma Libertarian candidate for governor
- Connie Johnson (5) Oklahoma Democratic candidate for Oklahoma Governor
- Drew Edmondson (13) Oklahoma Democratic candidate for governor of Oklahoma
- Gary Jones (2)
- Gary Richardson (14) Oklahoma Republican candidate for Governor
- Joe Maldonado (20) Oklahoma Libertarian candidate for governor
- Kevin Stitt (12) Oklahoma Republican candidate for governor of Oklahoma
- Mary Fallin (4) Oklahoma Republican Governor
- Mick Cornett (16) Oklahoma Republican candidate for governor of Oklahoma
- Scott Inman (1) Oklahoma Democratic candidate for Governor
- Tom Coburn (2) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Oklahoma
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Oklahoma 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Oklahoman, “Candidates debate taxes, stand by attack ads,” by Ben Felder, October 25, 2018
- KGOU (NPR), “Takeaways From Oklahoma’s Gubernatorial Debate”, by Trevor Brown, Sep. 25, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "Stitt, Cornett back Trump on immigration," by Chris Casteel, July 21, 2018
- Press Reader, "GOP candidates would sign bills restricting abortion," by Chris Casteel, July 15, 2018
- Tulsa World, "Edmonson visits Wagoner on Take Back Oklahoma Tour," June 4, 2018
- NBC News, “Oklahoma governor vetoes gun bill, signs adoption bill,” May.12.2018
- The Oklahoman, "GOP forum shows new approach to criminal justice", May 3, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "No compelling reason to help Feds deport 'Dreamers'," by Chris Casteel, March 8, 2018
- Sequoyah County Times, "Edmondson says he has a plan," by Roy Faulkenberry, March 7, 2018
- Edmond Sun, "Edmondson calls for unity, reform," by James Coburn, February 20, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "Some GOP candidates oppose raising age to buy AR-15," by Chris Casteel, Feb. 24, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "Oklahoma shouldn't let political status quo hold us back," by Kevin Stitt, Feb. 7, 2018
- Tulsa World, "Governor candidates tackle criminal justice reform," by Chris Casteel, February 1, 2018
- The Oklahoman, "Candidates mostly avoid stance on marijuana," by Chris Casteel, January 8, 2018
- Norman Transcript, "Cash, candidates and cannabis," by Adam Troxtell, Jan 7, 2018
- Tulsa World , "Gubernatorial candidates," by Randy Krehbiel, Jul 30, 2017
- U.S. News and World Report, "Oklahoma Auditor Gary Jones to Run for Governor," by Sean Murphy, May 8, 2017
- KOCO.com, "Edmondson announces he's running for governor," May 1, 2017
- KOSU-FM, "Oklahoma Schools Say They Need More Funding," by Emily Wendler, April 24, 2017
- Politico, "Mayors call 'sanctuary city' a political label, "by Edward-Isaac Dovere, March 29, 2017
- The Oklahoman, "Election '18 has already begun," by Dale Denwalt, February 4, 2017
- The Oklahoman, "Oklahoma City mayor praises efforts of nonprofits," by William Crum, January 13, 2016
- RedDirtReport.com, "Mayor's film received large donations from city business," by Tim Farley, Apr.10, 2015
- The Oklahoman, "Where Oklahoma stands on civil rights today," by Kyle Fredrickson, July 2, 2014
- The Oklahoman, "Cornett praises federal program for cleaning up 'brownfields'," by Chris Casteel, 10/20/2011
- Tulsa World, "Edmondson: The people's lawyer, moves out and on," by Julie Delcour, January 9, 2011
- PickensPlan.com, "Cornett Positions City to Become Nation's Energy Capital," by Eric O'Keefe, Dec. 17, 2008
- The Oklahoman, "How gun-limit laws soon will begin to fall," by John Greiner, June 27, 2008
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Drew Edmondson: No state in women's decisions regarding reproduction.
Kevin Stitt: Ban abortions except rape, incest or to save life of mother.
Mary Fallin: Signed two pro-life bills later struck down by Supreme Court.
Mick Cornett: Ban abortions except rape, incest or to save life of mother.
Chris Powell: Leave decision to states or the people themselves.
Joe Maldonado: You own your body; not the Government.
Connie Johnson: Advocate for women's reproductive freedom in State Senate.
Gary Richardson: Life is a beautiful gift from our Father who created us.
Drew Edmondson: Supports abortion rights for women, part of his platform.
Budget & Economy|
Kevin Stitt: Cut waste, rather than new taxes, for growth.
Kevin Stitt: Create a level playing field for competition.
Mick Cornett: History of developing budget based on needs of the community.
Chris Powell: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Joe Maldonado: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Gary Jones: Cut budget without losing core services.
Gary Richardson: Curb wasteful spending in our state government.
Chris Powell: Strongly supports same-sex marriage.
Joe Maldonado: Strongly supports same-sex marriage.
Mick Cornett: Wants local government to have diversity; represent everyone.
Gary Richardson: End special tax breaks encouraged by lobbyists.
Mick Cornett: Accepts donations from corporations doing city business.
Chris Powell: Stricter punishment doesn't reduce crime.
Joe Maldonado: Stricter punishment doesn't reduce crime.
Mary Fallin: No life sentences for juveniles.
Gary Richardson: Alternatives cost less than imprisonment.
Kevin Stitt: Keep violent offenders behind bars, with fair sentencing.
Mick Cornett: If prison recidivism rates get reduced so will incarceration.
Drew Edmondson: Remove profit motive from the prison system.
Gary Richardson: Opposed to private prisons; focus on justice, not jail.
Chris Powell: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Joe Maldonado: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Drew Edmondson: Backs new drug law making possession of drugs a misdeameanor.
Connie Johnson: Strong proponent of legalizing medical marijuana.
Gary Richardson: If people vote to legalize medical marijuana, I'll honor it.
Kevin Stitt: Supports legalizing medical marijuana if strictly medicinal.
Connie Johnson: Ending the war on drugs would improve criminal justice.
Connie Johnson: Advocate for decriminalized and medical marijuana.
Drew Edmondson: $300M more for education and healthcare systems.
Kevin Stitt: Schools are bloated with administration & too many districts.
Mick Cornett: Says teachers deserve raises that equal the regional average.
Tom Coburn: Schools are bloated with administration & too many districts.
Chris Powell: Strongly oppose vouchers for school choice.
Joe Maldonado: No vouchers for school choice.
Gary Richardson: A child's zip code shouldn't determine quality of education.
Energy & Oil|
Mick Cornett: Move away from the oil and gas industry.
Chris Powell: All energy production should treated equally before the law.
Joe Maldonado: Freer market will allow energy that is greener.
Mick Cornett: Recognizes energy's role in workforce, sees future in wind.
Chris Powell: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Joe Maldonado: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Mick Cornett: Great value in the EPA's "brownfields" cleaning up program.
Drew Edmondson: As AG, created the Environmental Protection Unit.
Families & Children|
Kevin Stitt: Vaccination should be between a parent & their pediatrician.
Mary Fallin: Disallow adoptions in LGBT homes.
Chris Powell: Neutral on American Exceptionalism.
Joe Maldonado: Libertarian way instead of American Exceptionalism.
Chris Powell: Support free trade.
Joe Maldonado: Support and expand free trade.
Chris Powell: No opinion on making voter registration easier.
Joe Maldonado: Make elections and voting fair.
Drew Edmondson: Blames revenue shortfall on corporate donors and lobbyists.
Kevin Stitt: Step Up Oklahoma: Fix broken government; level playing field.
Chris Powell: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Joe Maldonado: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Mary Fallin: Veto constitutional carry: No handguns without a permit.
Mick Cornett: Supports 2nd Amendment; enforce laws already on the books.
Gary Richardson: Completely supportive of the Second Amendment.
Drew Edmondson: Long history of being an advocate of the Second Amendment.
Drew Edmondson: Expand Medicaid to address the state's high uninsured rate.
Mick Cornett: Wants personal responsibility part of a healthcare approach.
Chris Powell: Oppose ObamaCare.
Joe Maldonado: Expand ObamaCare.
Connie Johnson: Get mental health department up to speed by 2020.
Gary Richardson: Government has a role to play in mental health care.
Drew Edmondson: Services for veterans instead of for corporate donors.
Chris Powell: Don't expand the military.
Joe Maldonado: Don't expand the military.
Mick Cornett: Praises nonprofits efforts finding housing for homeless vets.
Kevin Stitt: Supports border protection; opposes sanctuary cities.
Chris Powell: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Joe Maldonado: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Drew Edmondson: Don't back federal government deporting DREAMers.
Mick Cornett: Says the term "sanctuary cities" is a manipulative label.
Kevin Stitt: Reduce barriers on occupations; increase worker freedom.
Mick Cornett: History of creating jobs and bringing in new industry.
Chris Powell: Strongly oppose affirmative action.
Joe Maldonado: Oppose affirmative action.
Principles & Values|
Drew Edmondson: Condemned with IFFY award for running "Issue-Free" campaign.
Mick Cornett: God and church are main components of his value system.
Chris Powell: Protect freedom to not have religiosity forced upon.
Joe Maldonado: Keep God in the public sphere.
Gary Richardson: Got 14% of the vote as Independent in 2002 Governor's race.
Gary Richardson: Freedom to work & worship free of government interference.
Chris Powell: Privatize Social Security but accommodate those in system.
Joe Maldonado: Opportunity to opt out of Social Security.
Kevin Stitt: Signed Oklahoma Taxpayer Platform.
Kevin Stitt: Shift Oklahoma's tax structure to focus on consumption.
Tom Coburn: Shift Oklahoma's tax structure to focus on consumption.
Chris Powell: Oppose higher taxes on the wealthy.
Joe Maldonado: Higher taxes on the wealthy.
Scott Inman: Don't balance the budget on the backs of the middle class.
Gary Jones: Taxes must go up but with budget cuts.
Gary Richardson: Smaller government, less taxes, and eliminate waste.
Mick Cornett: Rebuilding roads and bridges creates jobs & grows economy.
Drew Edmondson: Use tobacco settlement to fund school technology.
Gary Richardson: Eliminate the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority.
Gary Richardson: Dismantle the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority.
War & Peace|
Chris Powell: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Joe Maldonado: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Powell Oklahoma Libertarian candidate for governor
- Connie Johnson Oklahoma Democratic candidate for Oklahoma Governor
- Drew Edmondson Oklahoma Democratic candidate for governor of Oklahoma
- Gary Jones
- Gary Richardson Oklahoma Republican candidate for Governor
- Joe Maldonado Oklahoma Libertarian candidate for governor
- Kevin Stitt Oklahoma Republican candidate for governor of Oklahoma
- Mary Fallin Oklahoma Republican Governor
- Mick Cornett Oklahoma Republican candidate for governor of Oklahoma
- Scott Inman Oklahoma Democratic candidate for Governor
- Tom Coburn Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Oklahoma
The above quotations are from 2018 Oklahoma Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)