Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2015 Louisiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2015 LA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- David Vitter (21) Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Jay Dardenne (14) Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- John Bel Edwards (7) Louisiana Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Louisiana Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "First runoff debate", by Julia O`Donoghue, November 10, 2015
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Edwards running as the anti-Bobby Jindal", by Kevin Litten, October 08, 2015
- Oklahoma News, "All major governor candidates highlight abortion opposition", 10/8/2015
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Dardenne touts experience, integrity", by Kevin Litten, October 07, 2015
- The Baton Rouge Advocate, "Governor Candidates Set to Debate", by Tyler Bridges, Oct. 1, 2015
- WRKF 89.3-FM, "Dardenne Solos at Forum", by Sue Lincoln 8/31/2015
- Associated Press, "Candidates Back Diversion Plans", coverage of forum at Nicholls State University, by Cain Burdeau, Aug. 19, 2015
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Louisiana governor candidates", by Julia O'Donoghue, August 8, 2015
- New Orleans Times-Picayune coverage of annual convention of state troopers held in Baton Rouge, August 8, 2015
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Candidates for governor question Sen. Vitter's effectiveness", by Bruce Alpert, May 29, 2015
- Twitter.com, "Dardenne and Edwards Spar Over Medicaid Expansion and D.C. Rules", Aug. 6, 2015
- Free Beacon, "Iran nuke deal setting us up to fail", by Daniel Wiser, March 12, 2015
- Vote-Smart candidate ratings and voting records: 1995, 2001, and 2006
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
David Vitter: I'm endorsed by pro-life groups; my rivals not 100% pro-life.
David Vitter: No exceptions for rape or incest victims.
Jay Dardenne: Sweeping ban on human cloning would harm medical research.
Jay Dardenne: Exceptions for rape & incest victims are ok.
John Bel Edwards: Provide alternatives to Planned Parenthood before blocking.
David Vitter: Supported by anti-abortion group Louisiana Right to Life.
David Vitter: Promote a positive culture of life.
John Bel Edwards: Supreme Court decided: issue same-sex marriage licenses.
David Vitter: More community crime tips; more DNA testing; more options.
David Vitter: Keep state police presence in New Orleans' French Quarter.
Jay Dardenne: Let New Orleans police itself; remove state police sometime.
John Bel Edwards: Let New Orleans police itself; remove state police soon.
Jay Dardenne: Opposes legalizing marijuana.
John Bel Edwards: Opposes legalizing marijuana.
David Vitter: Strengthen penalties against meth and heroin dealers.
Jay Dardenne: Common Core's high standards move LA in the right direction.
Jay Dardenne: TOPS cannot be sustained without capping costs.
David Vitter: Get Louisiana out of Common Core.
David Vitter: No federal incentives to get states to adopt Common Core.
David Vitter: Coastal restoration with private funding.
Jay Dardenne: Coastal restoration with federal funding.
John Bel Edwards: Mississippi River diversion: backbone to coastal restoration.
David Vitter: Drafted hurricane protection & flood control bill.
Jay Dardenne: Tighten disclosure rules for lobbyists, to limit influence.
David Vitter: Led and won the fight for state term limits.
David Vitter: Term limits instead of automatic pay raises for Congress.
Jay Dardenne: Don't bring dysfunctional Washington politics to Louisiana.
John Bel Edwards: I support gun rights, unlike national Democrats.
Jay Dardenne: I would accept Medicaid expansion, under certain conditions.
David Vitter: Fight to repeal the fatally flawed ObamaCare.
Jay Dardenne: Don't leave LA at the mercy of Washington bureaucrats.
Jay Dardenne: Don't accept Medicaid expansion as-is; get LA waiver.
John Bel Edwards: Don't delay Medicaid expansion; that ties up LA tax dollars.
David Vitter: Help defense budget, but follow the sequester.
David Vitter: Led Senate's Border Security and Enforcement First caucus.
David Vitter: Block federal funds going to sanctuary cities.
Jay Dardenne: Don't increase enforcement against employers of illegals.
David Vitter: Create and fund coastal restoration master plan.
Jay Dardenne: Merge Elderly Affairs & Veterans Affairs into one department.
War & Peace|
David Vitter: Iran advances their nuclear program while playing the US.
David Vitter: Iran nuclear deal is non-binding and can be revoked.
David Vitter: Military force against ISIS if Arab ground troops involved.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- David Vitter Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Jay Dardenne Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- John Bel Edwards Louisiana Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
The above quotations are from 2015 Louisiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)