2014 Florida Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Florida Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charlie Crist (10) Florida Democratic Governor Challenger
- Rick Scott (10) Florida Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Florida Gubernatorial race:
- Orlando Sentinel, "Scott-Crist debate has no fan, but plenty of heat", CNN live televised debate in Jacksonville, moderated by CNN's Jake Tapper, October 21, 2014
- Miami Herald, "'Fan' dispute overshadows sharp debate", sponsored by Leadership Florida and the Florida Press Association, 10/15/2014
- Miami Herald, "Who is that on anti-Charlie Crist robocall? Charlie Crist," by Adam C. Smith, Aug. 11, 2014
- SaintPetersBlog weblog, "I'm not a scientist either but I can use my brain and I can talk to one," by James Call, July 26, 2014
- The Tampa Tribune, "On-duty officers line up behind Scott at campaign event," by William March, July 7, 2014
- Fusion.net e-zine, "Crist: Race Motivates GOP Opposition to Obama", by Jordan Fabian, May 6, 2014
- Miami Herald, "Charlie Crist's Obamacare conundrum", by Marc Caputo, 3/16/2014
- Miami Herald FactCheck on Rick Scott, 3/15/2014
- Latino Fox News, "In flip-flop, Scott backs bill in-state tuition", 3/13/2014
- Sun-Sentinel coverage, by Chan Lowe, January 5, 2014
- MSNBC coverage, "Crist apologizes to LGBT community", Jan. 3, 2014
- First Coast News, "Rick Scott signs death warrant", Jan. 2, 2014
- SaintPetersBlog cov erage of charlie Crist's OpEd on Minimum Wage, December 31, 2013
- Americans for Tax Reform coverage, 12/16/2013
- Politico.com AdWatch, 12/9/2013
- Sunshine State News AdWatch, 12/9/2013
- Huffington Post coverage, 8/30/2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Charlie Crist: 2006: I'm pro-life; 2014: That was for Republicans.
Charlie Crist: I left GOP because they bash Obama's race.
Charlie Crist: 2010: Backed gay marriage ban; 2014: supports gay marriage.
Rick Scott: Let's Keep Florida Safe: focus on reductions in crime.
Rick Scott: Signs death warrant for murderer.
Rick Scott: OpEd: Requiring drug testing for welfare is unconstitutional.
Energy & Oil|
Charlie Crist: I'm not a scientists, but I can use my brain & talk to one.
Rick Scott: I'm not a scientist, so I have no proposal on climate change.
Rick Scott: Lay off DEP staff; environmental compliance & no enforcement.
Charlie Crist: Lift the Cuban embargo; it has failed for 50 years.
Charlie Crist: 2007 & 2010: opposed ObamaCare; now supports fixing it.
Charlie Crist: AdWatch: unwavering support of ObamaCare.
Rick Scott: AdWatch: "Let's Get to Work" opposing ObamaCare.
Rick Scott: In-state tuition for illegals, as part of tuition cap deal.
Rick Scott: FactCheck: Yes, unemployment up; but stimulus has helped.
Charlie Crist: Minimum wage increase good; living wage better.
Principles & Values|
Charlie Crist: I stand for fairness and trying to treat people right.
Charlie Crist: 2009: temporary $25 average car fee increase.
Rick Scott: $500 million in automobile fee & tax relief.
Welfare & Poverty|
Rick Scott: Require drug testing for receiving welfare.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Charlie Crist Florida Democratic Governor Challenger
- Rick Scott Florida Republican Governor
The above quotations are from 2014 Florida Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)