2014 Arizona Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 Arizona Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Ducey (7) Arizona Republican Gubernatorial Nominee
- Frank Riggs (3) Arizona Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Fred DuVal (16) Arizona Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- JL Mealer (1) Arizona Independent for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Arizona Gubernatorial race: (August 26 primary)
- Reuters, "Arizona treasurer claims victory", by David Schwartz, 8/27/2014
- Navajo Post, "Doug Ducey reaches out", 8/25/2014
- Phoenix Business Journal, "Doug Ducey, Scott Smith trade jabs", by Mike Sunnucks, 8/6/2014
- KSAZ Fox 10 Phoenix, "Arizona Governor candidates: 10 questions for Fred DuVal", Jul 28, 2014
- Arizona Republican, "Illegal immigration: Where the candidates stand", by Yvonne Wingett Sanchez and Mark Olalde, July 11, 2014
- Phoenix New Times, "Riggs 'Proud' to Have Support of Senator Russell Pearce," by Ray Stern, July 7, 2014
- The Arizona Republic, "Governor candidates weigh in on mass shootings ," by Mary Clarkin, 6/2/2014
- Phoenix Business Journal, "Doug Ducey gets endorsement from conservative women's group", by David Schwartz, 5/30/2014
- AZ Illustrated Politics, "DuVal Says Legislature Flunked the Session", by Jim Nintzel, May 4, 2014
- Tucson Weekly, "DuVal: Arizona Is Facing A Tipping Point", by Jim Nintzel, April 25, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Doug Ducey: Staunchly anti-abortion.
Fred DuVal: Criticized anti-abortion legislation.
Doug Ducey: Outreach to Navajo tribe: it's all about protecting jobs.
Doug Ducey: Solid conservative record on same sex marriage.
Doug Ducey: Former CEO of Cold Stone ice cream franchise.
Fred DuVal: Competitiveness Impact Statement before any new laws.
Frank Riggs: Endorsed as former cop & prosecutor.
Fred DuVal: Invest early in education; start with all-day kindergarten.
Energy & Oil|
Fred DuVal: Capitalize on the growth of solar energy.
Doug Ducey: Keep decisions in hands of Arizonans, not EPA bureaucrats.
Fred DuVal: Preserve and promote state parks.
Families & Children|
Fred DuVal: Close "Age Loophole": hard time for soliciting a minor.
Fred DuVal: More export trade with Mexico; border is a strategic asset.
Fred DuVal: Ban on legislator gifts from lobbyists or companies.
Fred DuVal: Toll-free phone number to report unnecessary regulations.
Doug Ducey: Avoid shootings by mentally ill but respect 2nd Amendment.
Frank Riggs: Gun violence is not about video games or 2nd Amendment.
Fred DuVal: Require background checks for all gun purchases.
Fred DuVal: Expand Medicaid to 133% of the federal poverty level.
Fred DuVal: Incent veterans' businesses in competitive bidding process.
Doug Ducey: Better border security without comprehensive reform.
Frank Riggs: Invest in fencing and additional border resources.
Fred DuVal: Push for Comprehensive Immigration Reform.
JL Mealer: Charge illegal immigrants with state crimes.
Fred DuVal: Comprehensive immigration reform will benefit economy.
Fred DuVal: We need low, competitive taxes, and simplified sales tax.
Fred DuVal: Sales tax application across Internet.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Doug Ducey Arizona Republican Gubernatorial Nominee
- Frank Riggs Arizona Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Fred DuVal Arizona Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- JL Mealer Arizona Independent for Governor
The above quotations are from 2014 Arizona Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)