The Hill e-magazine coverage and analysis of 2014 campaigns
(Click for external website)
Error processing SSI file
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Hill 2014 (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Cassidy (1) Republican Challenger Louisiana
- Brian Schatz (1) Democratic Jr Senator Appointee Hawaii
- Chad Taylor (1) Democrat Challenger Kansas
- Jeanne Shaheen (1) New Hampshire Former Democratic Governor (1997-2000); elected Senator 2008
- Joe Miller (1) Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- John Bohlinger (2) Democratic Senate Challenger Montana
- Karen Handel (2) Republican Challenger Georgia
- Lindsey Graham (4) Republican Sr Senator South Carolina
- Mark Pryor (1) Democratic Sr Senator Arkansas
- Matt Bevin (1) Republican Challenger Kentucky
- Mead Treadwell (1) Republican Challenger Alaska
- Mike Rounds (1) South Dakota Former Republican Governor (2002-2010)
- Newt Gingrich (1) Republican
- Rick Weiland (3) Democratic Challenger South Dakota
- Scott Brown (1) Previsouly MA Republican Jr Senator New Hampshire
- Terri Lynn Land (1) Republican Challenger Michigan
- Thad Cochran (1) Republican Sr Senator Mississippi
- Thom Tillis (1) Republican Challenger North Carolina
- Tom Cotton (1) Republican Senate challenger Arkansas
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Karen Handel: Endorsed by Susan B. Anthony List for pro-life women.
John Bohlinger: 2001: Supported Fetal Protection Act & partial-birth ban.
John Bohlinger: Supreme Court decided the issue; state cannot overturn it.
Budget & Economy|
Chad Taylor: Budget cuts threaten basic prosecutorial services.
Matt Bevin: Why not define marriage as a parent marrying their child?
Lindsey Graham: AdWatch: Hero of the taxpayer & guardian of small business.
Energy & Oil|
Rick Weiland: Opposes Keystone XL pipeline.
Jeanne Shaheen: People's Pledge: Let's limit outside PAC contributions.
Scott Brown: No pledge to limit outside PAC contributions.
Mark Pryor: Government shutdown is reckless & irresponsible.
Rick Weiland: Push for public option to expand ObamaCare.
Lindsey Graham: Opposed ObamaCare from day one.
Joe Miller: Embrace threat of federal shutdown to defund ObamaCare.
Karen Handel: Embrace threat of federal shutdown to defund ObamaCare.
Mead Treadwell: Repeal ObamaCare by winning back Senate.
Mike Rounds: Shut down ObamaCare but don't shut down government.
Terri Lynn Land: Embrace threat of federal shutdown to defund ObamaCare.
Thom Tillis: Do everything in our power to undo ObamaCare.
Lindsey Graham: Doing nothing about Benghazi leads to a more dangerous world.
Principles & Values|
Bill Cassidy: AdWatch: Receives ad money from billionaire Koch brothers.
Brian Schatz: Endorsed by progressive group "Democracy for America".
Tom Cotton: Oppo AdWatch: supports Privatizing social security.
War & Peace|
Rick Weiland: No U.S. military intervention in Syria.
Lindsey Graham: Obama "screams loudly & carries no stick," in Russia & Syria.
Newt Gingrich: Obama "screams loudly & carries no stick," in Russia & Syria.
The above quotations are from The Hill e-magazine coverage and analysis of 2014 campaigns.
Error processing SSI file
Page last edited: Apr 20, 2014