Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Missouri Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 MO Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Angelica Earl (11) Democratic Senate candidate Missouri
- Austin Petersen (18) Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Claire McCaskill (21) Democratic Sr Senator; previously state Auditor Missouri
- Eric Greitens (1) Missouri Republican Governor (resigned)
- Josh Hawley (41) Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Tony Monetti (13) Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Missouri 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Kansas City Star, "Subpoena power to investigate Hawley," by J.Hancock, S.Vockrodt, & L.Wise, Dec. 10, 2018
- Springfield News-Leader, "Trade fight with China could hurt Missouri farmers," by Will Schmitt, April 5, 2018
- Springfield News-Leader, "Hawley supports Trump's gun control ideas," by Will Schmitt, February 27, 2018
- New York Magazine, "Senate Hopeful Goes Off the Deep End on the Sexual Revolution," by Ed Kilgore, Feb. 1, 2018
- Kansas City Star, "Hawley faces criticism after blaming sex trafficking on 1960s," by Bryan Lowry, Jan. 31, 2018
- MissouriNet, "Missouri AG Hawley presents budget," by Brian Hauswirth, January 30, 2018
- GlobeNewsWire.com, "Ambassador John Bolton endorses Josh Hawley," by Garrett Marquis, December 12, 2017
- The Seattle Times, "Hawley to help military with legal problems," Associated Press, Dec. 11, 2017
- Southeast Arrow, "Petersen speaks freely on free speech," by Clayton Hester, November 17, 2017
- St. Louis Post Dispatch Political Fix, "McCaskill has ruled out tax reform," by Kevin McDermott, Oct. 25, 2017
- Reuters, "Stricter Missouri abortion rules take effect after legal fight," by Chris Kenning, Oct. 24, 2017
- MissouriNet.com, "Violence is not protected by the First Amendment," by Brian Hauswirth, September 19, 2017
- The Washington Free Beacon, "Meet the Bernie Sanders-Loving Missouri Woman," By Brent Scher, August 11, 2017
- Merion West Interview: Austin Petersen, by Nikhil Sridhar, July 10, 2017
- The Kansas City Star, "Hawley files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers," by Bryan Lowry, June 21, 2017
- The Missouri Times, "Trump's actions against environmental regulations," by Jack Treu, March 30, 2017
- The Missouri Times, "Hawley celebrates Trump's actions against Obama-era regulations," by Jack Treu, March 30, 2017
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Missouri's top attorney silent on ObamaCare replacement," by Kurt Erickson, Mar 17, 2017
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Vouchers are excellent option for expanding school choice," by Stacy Washington, Jan 20, 2017
- The American Conservative Union, "ACU Endorses Josh Hawley," July 27, 2016
- The Libertarian Republic, "Petersen Talks ISIS, Abortion, Criticisms," by Elias J. Atienza, March 23, 2016
- The Joplin Globe, "Immigration order an alarming prospect," by Joshua Hawley, December 14, 2014
- St. Louis Post Dispatch, "Ethics reform can restore confidence," by Josh Hawley, April 29, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Claire McCaskill: Fund Planned Parenthood; protect abortion providers.
Josh Hawley: Roe v. Wade was most unjust decision in U.S. history.
Tony Monetti: Pro-life, but support healthcare & adoption.
Angelica Earl: Loudly, proudly pro-choice.
Austin Petersen: Against abortion, but would limit government role.
Budget & Economy|
Josh Hawley: Reduced budget via staff reduction and exposing fraud.
Austin Petersen: Favors balanced budget amendment.
Tony Monetti: Value diversity and America's melting pot of cultures.
Austin Petersen: Libertarian view pro-gay marriage.
Angelica Earl: Full equality for LGBT.
Claire McCaskill: Amend banking rules in Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Claire McCaskill: Supports Net Neutrality: equal access to all users.
Josh Hawley: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is unconstitutional.
Tony Monetti: Lower corporate tax rates where possible.
Josh Hawley: Went after big mortgage companies for improper loans.
Tony Monetti: Stronger emphasis on policing.
Austin Petersen: End mandatory minimums.
Josh Hawley: Use anti-riot laws on crowds protesting police shootings.
Angelica Earl: Prison not the solution for victimless crimes.
Josh Hawley: Apply consumer protection laws to pursue human traffickers.
Claire McCaskill: Supports medical marijuana & alternative drug sentencing.
Josh Hawley: Supports medical marijuana.
Austin Petersen: My ideal: gay couple defends pot farm with machine gun.
Austin Petersen: Treat drugs as medical issue, not criminal.
Angelica Earl: End marijuana prohibition.
Josh Hawley: Charges opioid manufacturers with deception.
Claire McCaskill: Increase student financial aid, like Pell Grants.
Josh Hawley: Give religious schools state educational resources.
Josh Hawley: Universities provide worthless degrees and waste billions.
Tony Monetti: Public schools that fail our kids do not deserve our support.
Austin Petersen: Open to experiment with school choice.
Angelica Earl: More money for schools, less debt for students.
Josh Hawley: Excluding religious school choice amounts to discrimination.
Energy & Oil|
Claire McCaskill: Subsidize alternative energy, but build Keystone Pipeline.
Josh Hawley: Oppose the job-killing climate agenda.
Angelica Earl: Coal is the past; time to move forward.
Josh Hawley: Clean Power Plan hurts economy by raising energy prices.
Josh Hawley: Dismantle Obama-era network of energy regulations.
Claire McCaskill: Limit EPA farm regulations, but no EPA cuts.
Josh Hawley: Fought Obama EPA overreach.
Families & Children|
Claire McCaskill: Supports gay marriage.
Josh Hawley: Supports biblical truth about husband & wife, man & woman.
Josh Hawley: 1960s sexual revolution destroys our families.
Claire McCaskill: Women were exploited in 2000 BC, not just from 1960s.
Angelica Earl: Guaranteed family leave.
Claire McCaskill: Opposes Trump's tariffs on China.
Josh Hawley: Supports Trump's tariffs on China, but what about farmers?
Josh Hawley: China systematically abuses the global trade system.
Austin Petersen: Free trade is what America is about.
Claire McCaskill: Limits on corporate campaign donations; full disclosure.
Claire McCaskill: Opposes voter ID requirements.
Josh Hawley: Supported by Citizens United PAC for Attorney General.
Josh Hawley: Defended strict Missouri voter ID requirements.
Tony Monetti: Cut spending, waste, needless regulation.
Tony Monetti: Term limits for senators.
Tony Monetti: Preserve separation of church and state.
Josh Hawley: Work for campaign ethics reform, starting with Missouri.
Claire McCaskill: Supports background checks and assault rifle ban.
Josh Hawley: Supports background checks but not assault rifle ban.
Josh Hawley: Stronger gun control background checks; ban bump stocks.
Austin Petersen: My ideal: gay couple defends pot farm with machine gun.
Tony Monetti: Gun ownership is a guaranteed right.
Austin Petersen: Petersen raffles off an AR-15.
Josh Hawley: ObamaCare has raised premiums by 145%.
Josh Hawley: Cover pre-existing conditions by mandate, without ObamaCare.
Claire McCaskill: Protect coverage of pre-existing conditions.
Josh Hawley: ObamaCare was never constitutional.
Josh Hawley: Get rid of ObamaCare, but cover pre-existing conditions.
Tony Monetti: Replace ObamaCare with free market.
Austin Petersen: Marketplace will solve healthcare issues.
Angelica Earl: Supports universal healthcare.
Angelica Earl: Corporate taxes should pay for single payer.
Eric Greitens: ObamaCare has been a disaster in Missouri.
Josh Hawley: Ran for Attorney-General on anti-ObamaCare platform.
Josh Hawley: Provide veterans with free legal help.
Austin Petersen: Audit the Defense Department.
Tony Monetti: Invest in training & equipment.
Claire McCaskill: Opposes border wall; also opposes path to citizenship.
Josh Hawley: Amnesty is not the answer; supports border wall.
Austin Petersen: Problem is welfare state incentive, not immigration.
Josh Hawley: Immigration laws need overhaul but not via executive order.
Claire McCaskill: Opposed MO ballot initiative on Right to Work.
Claire McCaskill: Increase minimum wage to $12 by 2023.
Josh Hawley: Support Right to Work: make union dues optional.
Josh Hawley: Minimum wage increase may result in lost jobs.
Austin Petersen: Cut regulations for more jobs.
Angelica Earl: Unions protect workers.
Angelica Earl: Raise minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Josh Hawley: Under investigation for mixing public funds with campaign.
Josh Hawley: Fight the false gospel of 'anything goes'.
Austin Petersen: Though agnostic, stands for religious freedom.
Josh Hawley: Conservative principles are the backbone of our country.
Claire McCaskill: Opposes privatization of Social Security and VA.
Austin Petersen: Let young people opt out of Social Security.
Claire McCaskill: Ad-Watch: Supports middle-class tax cuts, not all tax cuts.
Josh Hawley: Ad-Watch: tax plan gives 25%, not 83%, to richest 1%.
Josh Hawley: Keep deductions for local taxes & 401(k) contributions.
Austin Petersen: 15% flat tax across the board.
Claire McCaskill: Supports federal infrastructure investment.
Tony Monetti: Re-invest in workers and a crumbling infrastructure.
Tony Monetti: Investment in infrastructure means jobs.
War & Peace|
Claire McCaskill: Supported treaty limiting Iran nuclear capability.
Josh Hawley: Withdraw from Iran nuclear treaty.
Josh Hawley: under many threats from radical Islam & N Korea.
Austin Petersen: No foreign actions without Congress's okay.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Angelica Earl Democratic Senate candidate Missouri
- Austin Petersen Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Claire McCaskill Democratic Sr Senator; previously state Auditor Missouri
- Eric Greitens Missouri Republican Governor (resigned)
- Josh Hawley Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
- Tony Monetti Republican candidate for Missouri U.S. Senator Missouri
The above quotations are from 2018 Missouri Senate race: debates and news coverage.