Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2017 Alabama special election for U.S. Senate
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2017 Alabama special Senate election (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Jones (17) Democratic candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Luther Strange (10) Republican candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Mo Brooks (1) Republican U.S. Rep Alabama-5
- Roy Moore (29) Republican candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alabama 2017 Senate special election debates and race coverage:
- CNN, "Getting rid of amendments after 10th would 'eliminate many problems'," by Andrew Kaczynski, December 11, 2017
- Chicago Now, "Meet Doug Jones, who supports marijuana legalization," by Leslie Kahn, October 23, 2017
- Birmingham News, " Jones endorsed by League of Conservation Voters," by Howard Koplowitz, Oct. 12, 2017
- Birmingham News (AL.com), "Jones answers questions from canceled forum," by Cameron Smith, September 21, 2017
- CNN.com, "Moore doesn't believe Obama is a natural-born citizen," by Andrew Kaczynski and Paul LeBlanc, 8/22/2017
- TheDailyBeast.com, "GOP Senate Primary Is a Trump Lovefest After Charlottesville," by Andrew Desiderio, 8/15/17
- PoliticalWire, "Roy Moore Suggests America Is Evil", by Taegan Goddard, August 11, 2017
- RollCall.com, "Wife's Pistol Helps Alabama Senate Candidate Make a Point," by Bridget Bowman, Aug. 4, 2017
- Shelby County Reporter, "Luther Strange visits to provide a Washington update," by Briana Harris, August 1, 2017
- Decatur Daily, "Brooks bring medical marijuana into GOP Senate race," by Mary Sell, July 23, 2017
- Birmingham News, "Clinton appointee Doug Jones seeks Democratic nomination," by Ashley Remkus, June 14, 2017
- Birmingham News (AL.com), "Roy Moore announces," April 26, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Luther Strange: Permanently cut off funding for Planned Parenthood.
Roy Moore: Opposes abortion & funding Planned Parenthood.
Doug Jones: I stand with Planned Parenthood.
Roy Moore: Our families are being crippled by divorce and abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Roy Moore: Cut taxes and spending to stimulate economy.
Roy Moore: 14th Amendment restricts states & causes many problems.
Doug Jones: Full equality for women in the workplace.
Mo Brooks: Defend blaming "many sides" for white supremacist violence.
Roy Moore: OpEd: Lukewarm condemnation of white supremacist violence.
Roy Moore: Defend blaming "many sides" for white supremacist violence.
Roy Moore: Our sacred institution of marriage is one man and one woman.
Roy Moore: Against same sex marriage; against civil unions.
Doug Jones: Streamline regulations for small business.
Doug Jones: Former prosecutor supports reform.
Doug Jones: Legalization for medical and recreational use.
Luther Strange: Against medical marijuana.
Roy Moore: Feds out of education; encourage vouchers.
Doug Jones: Invest in public schools, not private experiments.
Doug Jones: Public service & Pell grants to reduce college costs.
Roy Moore: Common Core? Education is not in the Constitution.
Energy & Oil|
Roy Moore: Encourage coal mining and oil drilling.
Doug Jones: Renewables will makes us energy independent.
Doug Jones: Conservationists back Jones.
Luther Strange: Don't hamstring economy to get clean air & water.
Doug Jones: Coal is the past; must help workers transition.
Families & Children|
Roy Moore: America was great when families were united.
Roy Moore: U.S. shouldn't be restricted by U.N. treaties.
Roy Moore: America and Russia have both promoted bad things.
Doug Jones: Free trade is good for Alabama businesses.
Luther Strange: Kill foreign trade deals.
Roy Moore: Rescind free trade pacts.
Roy Moore: Repeal 17th Amendment & direct election of senators.
Doug Jones: Restore integrity to politics.
Roy Moore: Presidents should show birth certificates; question Obama's.
Luther Strange: Defends God-given 2nd Amendment rights.
Roy Moore: Moore and his wife are armed.
Doug Jones: Supporter of 2nd amendment.
Luther Strange: Repeal the total failure of ObamaCare.
Roy Moore: Repeal Obamacare; allow competition.
Doug Jones: Fix, don't end, ObamaCare.
Roy Moore: Open to hearings looking into what really happened on 9/11.
Roy Moore: No gays in the military.
Roy Moore: More money for modern weapons.
Doug Jones: Dreamers should be allowed to stay.
Luther Strange: Build border wall; defund sanctuary cities.
Luther Strange: Supports Muslim ban.
Roy Moore: Open borders a threat to national security.
Doug Jones: Supports a "living wage".
Principles & Values|
Luther Strange: Let clergy endorse candidates.
Roy Moore: Must act as one nation under God.
Roy Moore: God first, then family, then country.
Roy Moore: Removed as Justice for illegally posting Ten Commandments.
Roy Moore: Replace income tax with tax on goods and services.
Doug Jones: End tax cuts & loopholes for wealthy.
Luther Strange: Economy requires good roads & bridges.
War & Peace|
Roy Moore: Congress should have a say in foreign wars.
Welfare & Poverty|
Roy Moore: Let churches & charities help the needy.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Doug Jones Democratic candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Luther Strange Republican candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
- Mo Brooks Republican U.S. Rep Alabama-5
- Roy Moore Republican candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
The above quotations are from 2017 Alabama special election for U.S. Senate.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)