Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Massachusetts Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 MA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Allen Waters (12) Republican candidate for Massachusetts U. S. Senator Massachusetts
- Beth Lindstrom (7) Republican candidate for Massachusetts U.S. Senator Massachusetts
- Elizabeth Warren (4) Massachusetts Senator; considered 2016 presidential run
- Geoff Diehl (12) Republican candidate for Massachusetts U. S. Senator Massachusetts
- Heidi Wellman (24) Republican candidate for Massachusetts U. S. Senator Massachusetts
- Jeff Colyer (1) Kansas Candidate for Governor
- John Kingston (6) Republican candidate for Massachusetts U.S. Senator Massachusetts
- Shiva Ayyadurai (13) Independent for Massachusetts U.S. Senator (withdrew) Massachusetts
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Massachusetts 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- AdWatch on 2018 Massachusetts Senatorial race, "My family's heritage", 10/15/2018
- Associated Press News, "Warren: Criminal justice system 'racist front to back'," by Bill Barrow and Chevel Johnson, Aug. 4, 2018
- Milford Daily News, "Republican Senate hopeful looks to unify Washington," by Christopher Gavin, February 1, 2018
- DailyKos.com, "Where do Republican candidates stand on marriage equality?", January 28, 2018
- Boston Globe , "Trump's use of 'Pocahontas'," by Steve LeBlanc, AP, December 5, 2017
- State House News Service, "New Bedford Fishing Permits On Ice," by Michael P. Norton, Nov. 22, 2017
- New Boston Post, "Ayyadurai Demands Apology Over Handling of Free Speech Event," by Evan Lips, November 10, 2017
- The Dartmouth Review, "An Interview with Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai," by Jack F. Mourouzis, October 24, 2017
- Sampan.org, "Op-Ed: Why I am running for US Senate," by Beth Lindstrom, 10/23/17
- The Lowell Sun, "Groton's Lindstrom opens Senate run," By J.D. Capelouto, 10/15/2017
- Greenfield Recorder, "GOP hopefuls speak in Orange," by Domenic Poli, June 01, 2017
- Ammoland: "Support Pro Gun Candidate Geoff Diehl For Massachusetts Senate," October 23, 2015
- Merion West, "Interviews Shiva Ayyadurai," by Erich J. Prince, 7/24/2017
- Massachusetts Citizens for Life, "Current Legislative Agenda," February 22, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Heidi Wellman: Oppose abortion as an unrestricted right.
Allen Waters: Conservative on abortion rights.
Geoff Diehl: Conscientious taxpayer objection to abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Beth Lindstrom: Helped reduce needless business regulations to increase jobs.
Heidi Wellman: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Jeff Colyer: Low taxes & less regulation key to expansion.
John Kingston: Most diverse group to ever attend a political kick-off.
Heidi Wellman: Comfortable with same-sex marriage.
Beth Lindstrom: Supports state law legalizing same sex marriage.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Only a real Indian can defeat a fake Indian.
Shiva Ayyadurai: It's about free speech, not against Black Lives Matter.
Beth Lindstrom: Cut corporate taxes.
Heidi Wellman: Accountability of current program funds.
Geoff Diehl: Get government off the back of small business.
Allen Waters: Free enterprise with lower taxes is the key.
Elizabeth Warren: Criminal justice system is racist front to back.
Heidi Wellman: Stricter punishment doesn't reduce crime.
Heidi Wellman: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
John Kingston: Focus on opioid crisis instead of divisive rhetoric.
Allen Waters: Demand for drugs by whites is putting more blacks in jail.
Heidi Wellman: Vouchers for school choice.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Educational-industrial complex not yielding skilled students.
Geoff Diehl: Charter schools have more flexibility.
Allen Waters: No free college, no government loans.
Allen Waters: More choice, more charter schools.
Energy & Oil|
Heidi Wellman: Oppose prioritizing green energy.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Innovation, not regulation.
Geoff Diehl: Fought linking gas tax hikes to inflation.
Heidi Wellman: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Shiva Ayyadurai: GMOs are destroying our health; establish safety standards.
John Kingston: Oppose subsidies of uneconomic green technologies.
Geoff Diehl: Compromise on allowing fishing despite fraud in reporting.
Families & Children|
Allen Waters: Believes in traditional American values.
John Kingston: Our allies should bear more of our common burden.
Heidi Wellman: American Exceptionalism is too vague.
Allen Waters: Supports Israel and settler movement.
Heidi Wellman: Support & expand free trade.
Heidi Wellman: Oppose making voter registration easier.
John Kingston: Washington is broken: term limits for members of Congress.
Beth Lindstrom: For Congressional term limits.
Heidi Wellman: Term limits for US Congress.
Geoff Diehl: More public access; more checks on state spending.
Shiva Ayyadurai: We need term limits against lobbyists & career politician.
Heidi Wellman: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Heidi Wellman: National gun license initiative.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Protect constitutional gun rights.
Allen Waters: Opposes strengthening gun laws.
Allen Waters: I keep my gun license in my pocket.
Geoff Diehl: Unwavering support for gun rights.
Heidi Wellman: Oppose ObamaCare.
Beth Lindstrom: Bipartisan cooperation instead of socialized medicine.
Shiva Ayyadurai: More choice in healthcare, including Ancient Eastern.
Geoff Diehl: Reduce the number of healthcare mandates.
Geoff Diehl: Opposes single-payer healthcare.
Allen Waters: Congress needs to act on the shameful treatment of veterans.
Heidi Wellman: Expand the military.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Deliver services that our vets need and have been denied.
Heidi Wellman: Oppose pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Beth Lindstrom: Against sanctuary cities.
Heidi Wellman: Refugees must be vetted for threats.
Shiva Ayyadurai: We need secure borders & clear enforcement.
Geoff Diehl: Build wall; fight illegal immigration.
Allen Waters: Opposes sanctuary cities.
Heidi Wellman: Oppose affirmative action in hiring.
Principles & Values|
Elizabeth Warren: DNA test shows Native American ancestry generations back.
Elizabeth Warren: Globe review: no use of Native American heritage in hiring.
Heidi Wellman: Keep God in the public sphere.
Elizabeth Warren: Calling me "Pocahontas" is a racial slur.
Geoff Diehl: Served as Trump campaign co-chair in Massachusetts.
John Kingston: Calling Warren "Pocahontas" is inappropriate but she did lie.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Warren shoplifted racial identity of Native American.
Heidi Wellman: Don't privatize Social Security.
Allen Waters: Advocate of FairTax system, pay taxes only on what you buy.
Heidi Wellman: Oppose higher taxes on the wealthy.
Shiva Ayyadurai: Low taxes for innovators & job creators.
Geoff Diehl: Voted against all tax increases.
War & Peace|
Beth Lindstrom: Why is Sen. Warren dissing U.S. foreign policy in China?
Heidi Wellman: They're not merely "foreign entanglements".
Shiva Ayyadurai: Expose the war in Iraq as a fake war.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Allen Waters Republican candidate for Massachusetts U. S. Senator Massachusetts
- Beth Lindstrom Republican candidate for Massachusetts U.S. Senator Massachusetts
- Elizabeth Warren Massachusetts Senator; considered 2016 presidential run
- Geoff Diehl Republican candidate for Massachusetts U. S. Senator Massachusetts
- Heidi Wellman Republican candidate for Massachusetts U. S. Senator Massachusetts
- Jeff Colyer Kansas Candidate for Governor
- John Kingston Republican candidate for Massachusetts U.S. Senator Massachusetts
- Shiva Ayyadurai Independent for Massachusetts U.S. Senator (withdrew) Massachusetts
The above quotations are from 2018 Massachusetts Senate race: debates and news coverage.