Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Arizona Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 AZ Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Deedra Abboud (26) Democratic candidate for Arizona U.S. Senate Arizona
- Deedra Aboud (20)
- Doug Marks (20) Libertarian candidate for Arizona U. S. Senator Arizona
- Joe Arpaio (16) Republican Candidate for Arizona U. S. Senator Arizona
- Kelli Ward (5) Republican candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Kyrsten Sinema (3) Democratic candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Martha McSally (5) Republican candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Arizona 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Arizona Republic, "McSally shifts support to stricter immigration," by R. Hansen and Y.W. Sanchez, May 11, 2018
- Social Security Report.com, "Dr. Kelli Ward, Arizona State Senator," February 19, 2018
- Abortion-News.info, "The Worrisome Future of Abortion Rights", by Linda Greenhouse, November 9, 2017
- Powerline, "Chuck and Nancy and Donald and Kyrsten," by Paul Mirengoff, September 18, 2017
- Newsmax, "Joe Arpaio: Trump's Wall Will Also Stop Drug Trafficking," by Todd Beamon, September 8, 2017
- Politico Magazine, "The Troubling Sheriffs' Movement That Joe Arpaio Supports," by Robert Tsai, Sept. 1, 2017
- The Atlantic, "The Arpaio Pardon Is a Flagrant Assault on Civil Rights," by Conor Friedersdorf, August 26, 2017
- CNN Politics, "Why Joe Arpaio was found guilty," by Joan Biskupic, August 24, 2017
- ACLU, "Five Reasons Arpaio Should Not Receive a Pardon," by Brian Tashman, August 22, 2017
- The Arizona Republic, "Senate candidate under attack for being Muslim," 7/18/2017
- The Arizona Republic, "Abboud announces US Senate bid," 4/10/2017
- Arizona's Politics, "Sheriff Arpaio's New Dark Money Social Welfare Organization," March 14, 2017
- AZCentral.com, "NAFTA: Has Arizona won or lost under the trade deal?", by Ronald J. Hansen, March 13, 2017
- Washington Blade, "LGBT Equality Caucus doubles its membership," by Chris Johnson, February 7, 2017
- KTAR News, "Joe Arpaio likely out of Cabinet consideration," by KTAR.com, December 7, 2016
- AZ Family.com, "Teen Inmates Earn 'Hard Knocks High' Diplomas," 9-30-2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Deedra Aboud: Unrestricted rights within Roe vs. Wade standards.
Doug Marks: Pro-choice but it's a state issue.
Deedra Abboud: Keep government out of reproductive decisions.
Joe Arpaio: Put up new abortion obstacles when courts tear them down.
Deedra Abboud: Woman's right to choose including funding.
Budget & Economy|
Deedra Aboud: Stimulus better than market-led recovery.
Doug Marks: Get The Fed out of the market.
Deedra Abboud: Economy should work for everyone.
Deedra Aboud: Strongly supports same-sex marriage.
Doug Marks: Government shouldn't be in the marriage business.
Deedra Abboud: All government levels should protect human rights.
Joe Arpaio: Convicted then pardoned for violating Latinos' civil rights.
Deedra Abboud: Protect LGBTQ community to ensure equality.
Kyrsten Sinema: Co-chair Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus.
Deedra Abboud: Corporations great on taking, not giving back.
Deedra Abboud: Keep banks out of stock market; no more gambling.
Deedra Aboud: Stricter punishment doesn't reduce crime.
Doug Marks: No victim, no crime.
Deedra Abboud: Community policing will decrease crime & tensions.
Joe Arpaio: Convicted for a decade of racial-profiling practices.
Joe Arpaio: Chain gangs and tents for inmates, and no smoking nor porn.
Joe Arpaio: Inmates get second chance with GED education in jail.
Kelli Ward: Open borders have caused the avalanche of drugs into U.S.
Deedra Aboud: Marijuana isn't a gateway drug.
Doug Marks: Drug prohibition should all end.
Deedra Abboud: Let states make their own cannabis decisions.
Joe Arpaio: Wall on U.S. Southern border will keep the drugs out.
Deedra Abboud: Leave legalization to the voter.
Joe Arpaio: Fight drug trafficking around the world.
Martha McSally: Authored bill increasing penalties for drug spotters.
Deedra Aboud: Opposes vouchers for school choice.
Doug Marks: End 'public' schools as we know it.
Deedra Abboud: Voucher programs are weakening public schools.
Deedra Abboud: Vouchers dismantle public schools for private schools.
Deedra Abboud: Strong public schools lead to healthy future.
Joe Arpaio: Hard Knocks High: only accredited high school in jail.
Energy & Oil|
Deedra Aboud: Prioritize green energy.
Doug Marks: Fiscal irresponsibility to prop up green energy.
Deedra Aboud: EPA protections needed for holding polluters accountable.
Doug Marks: EPA is useless; I worked in that industry.
Deedra Abboud: Environment needs protection from corporations.
Deedra Abboud: Government protection needed to preserve nature.
Martha McSally: EPA rule costs jobs and hurts poor.
Kelli Ward: Celebrate American Exceptionalism.
Deedra Aboud: Spread our values of democracy, freedom, & personal liberty.
Doug Marks: American Exceptionalism? we're no better than everyone else.
Deedra Abboud: Two-state solution for Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Deedra Aboud: Support & expand free trade.
Doug Marks: Support & expand free trade.
Martha McSally: NAFTA is a net plus for my district.
Deedra Aboud: Make voter registration easier.
Doug Marks: Make voter registration easier.
Joe Arpaio: Fined $153,978 for illegal in-kind campaign contributions.
Deedra Aboud: Second Amendment rights have limits.
Doug Marks: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Deedra Abboud: Pro-2nd Amendment with education and restrictions.
Joe Arpaio: Vowed to ignore any law that would seize citizen's guns.
Deedra Abboud: Favors responsible, educated gun owners.
Kelli Ward: Expansion of Medicare was devastating.
Deedra Aboud: Fix ACA and get every American covered.
Doug Marks: Get government out of healthcare markets.
Deedra Abboud: Healthcare for all is obtainable goal.
Kyrsten Sinema: Affordable health-care for everyone.
Joe Arpaio: Sued for failure to meet inmate health needs.
Deedra Aboud: Opposes expanding the military.
Doug Marks: Bring the troops HOME, rather than expanding the military.
Deedra Abboud: Veterans are ignored, forgotten, and deserve more.
Joe Arpaio: Our concern should be terrorism, not border-crossers' rights.
Kelli Ward: No amnesty & no compromise on immigrant family separation.
Martha McSally: Study proposals to deal with immigrant family separation.
Joe Arpaio: Enthusiastically supports wall along the southern border.
Kelli Ward: Consistent pro-border, pro-law message.
Kyrsten Sinema: Support Recognizing America's Children Act (GOP compromise).
Martha McSally: Reduce legal immigration; no pathway to citizenship.
Deedra Aboud: Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Doug Marks: DREAMers are victims, not criminals.
Deedra Abboud: Rejects governments heartless immigration tactics.
Joe Arpaio: Traffic stops ok based on ethnicity, to find illegals.
Deedra Abboud: Protect immigrants through commonsense government reform.
Deedra Aboud: Affirmative action in government, but not private companies.
Doug Marks: Affirmative action is damaging government interference.
Deedra Abboud: Supports measures to increase federal minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Deedra Aboud: Keep God out of government.
Doug Marks: Keep God in public, but not in government.
Joe Arpaio: Joe Arpaio Action Fund: help conservatives win office.
Joe Arpaio: America's Toughest Sheriff in nation's third largest Office.
Deedra Aboud: Don't privatize Social Security.
Doug Marks: Social Security scam is going to cost my generation.
Deedra Abboud: Stop Congress from borrowing from Social Security.
Deedra Abboud: Hands off Social Security.
Deedra Aboud: Support higher taxes on the wealthy.
Doug Marks: All the money of the wealthy won't fix the spending problem.
Deedra Abboud: Defends equal access from public to websites.
War & Peace|
Deedra Aboud: Diplomacy should always be first.
Doug Marks: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Deedra Abboud Democratic candidate for Arizona U.S. Senate Arizona
- Deedra Aboud
- Doug Marks Libertarian candidate for Arizona U. S. Senator Arizona
- Joe Arpaio Republican Candidate for Arizona U. S. Senator Arizona
- Kelli Ward Republican candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Kyrsten Sinema Democratic candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
- Martha McSally Republican candidate for Arizona U.S. Senator Arizona
The above quotations are from 2018 Arizona Senate race: debates and news coverage.