Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 North Carolina Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 NC Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Rey (8) Democratic Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Deborah Ross (18) Democratic Senate candidate North Carolina
- Greg Brannon (2) Republican Senate candidate California
- Richard Burr (5) Republican Sr Senator; previously Representative North Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
North Carolina Senate debates and race coverage:
- Council for a Livable World, "Meet the Candidates," (organizational endorsement), 8/31/2016
- McClatchyDC.com, "Senate race reveals deep divide on gun control", by Maggie Ybarra, August 25th, 2016
- PolitiFact.com, "Attack ad hits Sen. Richard Burr on votes to cut taxes for millionaires", by Will Doran, August 25th, 2016
- McClatchyDC.com, "In Senate race, Burr and Ross clash over trade deal they both oppose", by Meggie Ybarra, August 18th, 2016
- Salisbury Post, "Senate candidate says itís time to talk about commonsense gun safety", by Josh Bergeron, June 14th, 2016
- Charlotte Observer, "Richard Burr, Deborah Ross divided on Medicare and Social Security", by Rachel Herzog, July 13th, 2016
- Jamestown Sun, "The man who loves meetings," by Sam Easter, Jul 3, 2016
- WWAY-TV-3, "4 Democratic candidates disagree on immigration", by Makenzi Henderson, February 25th, 2016
- Beaufort Observer, "Greg Brannon, Tea Party activist", by Josh Bergeron of the Salisbury Post, Feb. 21, 2016
- Raleigh News-Observer, "Brannon challenges Burr in second Senate bid", December 21, 2015
- Fay Observer, AdWatch, Sep 22, 2015
- Huffington Post, "Burr: The Cloak and Dagger Senator", by William E. Jackson Jr, 5/29/2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Deborah Ross: All employers should cover contraceptives (no RFRA).
Budget & Economy|
Chris Rey: As mayor, revitalized downtown & turned around economy.
Deborah Ross: Transgender individuals use public bathrooms of their choice.
Richard Burr: Let same-sex marriage be decided by the states.
Deborah Ross: Introduced gender pay equity bill in state legislature.
Deborah Ross: Corporations and wealthiest should pay their fair share.
Deborah Ross: No incarceration for nonviolent misdemeanors.
Chris Rey: Started workforce development program for released prisoners.
Deborah Ross: Supports medical marijuana.
Richard Burr: Marijuana has no value that you can't get thru other things.
Deborah Ross: Make first two years of community college free.
Chris Rey: Read with the Mayor: volunteer program at grade schools.
Families & Children|
Chris Rey: AdWatch: Faith, family, and service give my life meaning.
Deborah Ross: Work with Iran on nukes; work with allies on ISIS.
Deborah Ross: Approach threats in multilateral way, like Iran nuclear deal.
Richard Burr: 13% on Livable World scorecard; opposed Iran nuke deal.
Deborah Ross: Always against the TPP; we need to stop trade agreements.
Greg Brannon: I believe in a constitutionally limited government.
Deborah Ross: Tried to block legislation that would allow concealed carry.
Deborah Ross: Supports commonsense gun safety and background checks.
Chris Rey: Expand Medicaid despite North Carolina's state legislature.
Deborah Ross: Maintain a strong military & care for veterans.
Chris Rey: Organized bipartisan "Save the 440th Airlift Wing" coalition.
Chris Rey: Improve support for military veterans.
Richard Burr: OpEd: Quashed release of report about CIA torture.
Deborah Ross: Support the DREAM Act.
Chris Rey: Support giving illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.
Deborah Ross: Support giving illegal immigrants a path to citizenship.
Principles & Values|
Greg Brannon: Tea Party supporter of constitutional conservative fighters.
Deborah Ross: Government shouldn't cut nor privatize Social Security.
War & Peace|
Deborah Ross: Committed to defeating ISIS, with our international partners.
Richard Burr: We have effective oversight of CIA and drone strikes.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Rey Democratic Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Deborah Ross Democratic Senate candidate North Carolina
- Greg Brannon Republican Senate candidate California
- Richard Burr Republican Sr Senator; previously Representative North Carolina
The above quotations are from 2016 North Carolina Senate race: debates and news coverage.