Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2012 Democratic Party Platform
Click here for 31 full quotes from Democratic Party in the book 2012 Democratic Party Platform.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Strongly and unequivocally support Roe v. Wade.
Budget & Economy|
Create an economy built to last & built from the middle out.
Enable disability access; plus 100,000 federal jobs.
Equal treatment under law for same-sex couples.
Auto manufacturers have paid back loans & drive the recovery.
Death penalty must not be arbitrary.
Reduce racial disparities in sentencing for drug crimes.
Join Central American governments to combat narco-traffic.
Turn around struggling public schools; expand public options.
Double investment in Pell Grants & more tax credits.
Energy & Oil|
Preserve ANWR but explore for oil responsibly elsewhere.
Restore wilderness & watersheds for generations to come.
Families & Children|
Support fatherhood via faith-based groups.
US leadership at UN, including respectful disagreement.
Double our exports by 2015 with new trade agreements.
Curb the influence of lobbyists; no to Citizens United.
Your vote should count; no voter ID laws.
Right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation.
No arbitrary insurer cancelation; yes pre-existing condition.
Preserve promise of Medicare; don't privatize or voucherize.
Confront terrorism while upholding Constitutional values.
DREAM Act for now; comprehensive reform next.
Bridge to Work: help the long-term unemployed.
Principles & Values|
There is more we need to do; let's continue what we started.
FactCheck: "God" removed from DNC platform.
Preserve promise of Social Security; don't privatize.
Cut taxes for every working family, but not millionaires.
Recognize and defend Internet freedom worldwide.
War & Peace|
No US forces in Iraq; no US bases in Iraq.
Bring our troops home from Afghanistan by 2014.
Welfare & Poverty|
Partner with faith-based organizations to serve the needy.
The above quotations are from 2012 Democratic Party Platform.
Republican Conventions and Conferences:
- Republican Party Platform, Aug. 29, 2012
- Republican National Convention, Aug. 28-30, 2012
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 12-14, 2011
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2010
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 27-28, 2009
- Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 7, 2008
- 2004 Republican Convention, in New York City, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2004
Democratic Conventions and Conferences:
- Democratic Party Platform, Sept. 4, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Sept. 4-6, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Aug. 26th-Aug. 28th, 2008
- Take Back America Conference, June 18-20 2007
- Take Back America Conference, June 13-15, 2006
- Take Back America Conference, June 2-3, 2005
- Democratic National Convention, July 24-27 2004
- MoveOn questionnaire, June 17, 2003
- Take Back America Conference, June 4-6, 2003