Speeches at Democratic National Convention, Aug. 26th-Aug. 28th, 2008
Budget & Economy|
Tom Udall: GOP economics means record gas prices & record deficit.
Barack Obama: Keep the promise of equal pay for an equal day’s work.
Barack Obama: Invest in early childhood education and higher education.
Energy & Oil|
Barack Obama: Drilling is a stop-gap measure, not a long-term solution.
Al Gore: We have the energy solution to solve the climate crisis.
Al Gore: McCain has abandoned his support of pollution caps.
Families & Children|
Barack Obama: Help families with paid sick days and better family leave.
Joe Biden: The US is less secure and more isolated in recent history.
Joe Biden: Even Bush recognizes we should talk to Iran.
Barack Obama: Eliminate government programs that no longer work.
Barack Obama: Ban insurance companies from discriminating against the sick.
Ted Kennedy: Quality health care is a fundamental right, not a privilege.
Mark Warner: Bring high-tech, well-paying jobs to small towns.
Principles & Values|
Barack Obama: We’re more decent & compassionate than last 8 years.
Barack Obama: Ordinary people found the courage to keep the promise alive.
Barack Obama: The Ownership Society really means “you’re on your own”.
Barack Obama: Measure progress by observing how ordinary people are doing.
Barack Obama: Our government must keep the promise of America.
Barack Obama: Fulfilling America’s promise means individual participation.
Barack Obama: To John McCain: We all put our country first.
Barack Obama: The Republicans make a big election about small things.
Barack Obama: The American promise is our greatest inheritance.
Barack Obama: The destiny of all Americans is inextricably linked.
Hillary Clinton: Confidence and optimism enable us to meet our challenges.
Hillary Clinton: McCain and Bush are awfully hard to tell apart these days.
Hillary Clinton: Have faith in God, in our country, and in each other.
Joe Biden: Failure is at times inevitable but giving up is unforgivable.
Joe Biden: Everyone is your equal, and everyone is equal to you.
Joe Biden: We need a wise leader like Obama, not just a good soldier.
Joe Biden: We should embrace change just like the previous generations.
Bill Clinton: Rebuild the American dream and restore American leadership.
Mark Warner: It’s “the future v. the past” not “liberal v. conservative”.
Ted Kennedy: Work begins anew; hope rises again; and the dream lives on.
Jeff Merkley: Change direction and put America back on track.
Barack Obama: Tax cut for 95% of all working families, not corporations.
War & Peace|
Barack Obama: McCain says he’d follow Laden to hell; but not to his cave?.
Barack Obama: You don’t defeat a terrorist network by occupying Iraq.
Barack Obama: I will only send our troops into harm’s way when necessary.
Joe Biden: Al-Qaeda & the Taliban have regrouped due to Bush’s neglect.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bill Clinton: American workers are working harder for less.
The above quotations are from Speeches at Democratic National Convention, Aug. 26th-Aug. 28th, 2008.
Republican Conventions and Conferences:
- Republican Party Platform, Aug. 29, 2012
- Republican National Convention, Aug. 28-30, 2012
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 12-14, 2011
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2010
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 27-28, 2009
- Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 7, 2008
- 2004 Republican Convention, in New York City, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2004
Democratic Conventions and Conferences:
- Democratic Party Platform, Sept. 4, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Sept. 4-6, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Aug. 26th-Aug. 28th, 2008
- Take Back America Conference, June 18-20 2007
- Take Back America Conference, June 13-15, 2006
- Take Back America Conference, June 2-3, 2005
- Democratic National Convention, July 24-27 2004
- MoveOn questionnaire, June 17, 2003
- Take Back America Conference, June 4-6, 2003