Georgia 2008 Democratic Senate Primary Debate
Budget & Economy|
Josh Lanier: Congress is out of control on spending.
Vernon Jones: Lead the way to protect home ownership.
Vernon Jones: Record of balancing budgets and not raising taxes.
Jim Martin: Work with Delta Air but also respond to middle class needs.
Rand Knight: Invest in our communities, not in corporate subsidies.
Rand Knight: Raise teacher salaries; build more schools.
Energy & Oil|
Dale Cardwell: End our dependence on foreign oil with wind & solar.
Dale Cardwell: Invest billions to help clean energy entrepreneurs.
Jim Martin: Supports cap and trade system to reduce carbon emissions.
Rand Knight: Tackle energy dependence to reduce terrorist support.
Josh Lanier: Help cities with mass transit and farmers in small towns too.
Vernon Jones: Capture methane gas from landfills for electricity.
Jim Martin: All children must have access to health care.
Jim Martin: Part of team that created the PeachCare Act.
Vernon Jones: Part of team that created the PeachCare Act.
Vernon Jones: Find the terrorists no matter where they are.
Vernon Jones: Fight hard as the Dickens for our seniors.
Josh Lanier: Opposes $1 trillion tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.
War & Peace|
Rand Knight: Get out of Iraq within 12-18 months.
The above quotations are from Georgia 2008 Democratic Senate Primary Debate.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- The Truth (With Jokes), by Al Franken (2006)
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)