2008 Alabama Senate Debate between US Sen. Jeff Sessions and State Sen. Vivian Davis Figures
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 Alabama Senate Debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Jeff Sessions (6)
- Vivian Davis Figures (5)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Budget & Economy|
Jeff Sessions: Bailout well-intentioned, but too much federal intervention.
Vivian Davis Figures: GOP turned nation from surplus to deficit, and jobs get lost.
Energy & Oil|
Jeff Sessions: Surge in gas prices sucks out American wealth.
Vivian Davis Figures: High gas prices make it harder to make ends meet.
Principles & Values|
Jeff Sessions: Declines debate challenge from Vivian Figures.
Vivian Davis Figures: Challenges Jeff Sessions to debate; Sessions declines.
Jeff Sessions: Bush tax cuts have helped the economy.
War & Peace|
Jeff Sessions: Pleased with the success of the surge.
Jeff Sessions: Withdrawal timetable tells enemy when to prepare an attack.
Vivian Davis Figures: Bush sent troops to war on erroneous claims.
Vivian Davis Figures: Mideast less stable than before we invaded Iraq.
The above quotations are from 2008 Alabama Senate Debate between US Sen. Jeff Sessions and State Sen. Vivian Davis Figures.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- The Truth (With Jokes), by Al Franken (2006)
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)