2008 Massachusetts Senate Debate between John Kerry and Jeff Beatty
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 MA Senate Debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Jeff Beatty (12)
- John Kerry (2)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jeff Beatty: Endorsed Jessicaís Law to punish sex offenders.
Energy & Oil|
Jeff Beatty: Additional drilling has to be part of the solution.
Jeff Beatty: Should have drilled ANWR 10 years ago; so drill now.
Jeff Beatty: Opposed gas tax hikes; roll-back gasoline prices.
Families & Children|
Jeff Beatty: Supports protecting families.
Jeff Beatty: Protect jobs for American citizens.
Jeff Beatty: Restructure forces, larger, & for liberation, not occupation.
Jeff Beatty: Abolishing state income tax would act as economic stimulus.
John Kerry: Abolishing state income tax would be calamitous.
War & Peace|
Jeff Beatty: Kerry failed to read vital intelligence reports pre-Iraq war.
John Kerry: Based vote for Iraq war on CIAís intelligence reports.
Jeff Beatty: Evidence for WMD in Iraq was not credible.
Jeff Beatty: Iraq invasion was a mistake, but we canít leave now.
Jeff Beatty: Leave Iraq with success, by any path.
The above quotations are from 2008 Massachusetts Senate Debate between John Kerry and Jeff Beatty.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)