Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
AdWatch: transcripts from 2020 candidates
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 AdWatch (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy McGrath (2) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Dan Baer (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Donald Trump (2) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Gary Peters (1) Democratic Jr Senator Michigan
- Joe Biden (3) Democratic V.P.
- Seth Moulton (1) Massachusetts Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MA-6
- Tom Steyer (2) Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
EXPLANATORY NOTE by OnTheIssues.org:
Starting well before each election, candidates produce and air politicial advertisements. Since Citizens United took effect, PACs have produced many campaign ads too.
In modern campaigns, ads might be on TV, but also might be via email, web video, Tweets, or other social media.
Political pundit publications, such as The Hill and Rollcall, analyze campaign advertisements as well as campaign events
(although at OnTheIssues we ignore their relentless coverage of polls; since we consider them irrelevant to normal voters and relevant only to pundits!)
OnTheIssues.org reviews those ads and analyses for relevant issue content, including opponents' responses when available. Sometimes we transcribe the ads from video or audio; sometimes we include commentary; all the time, we urge paying attention to the opponent of each advertiser too, to get the full story!
Partial citation list:
- American Bridge 21st Century PAC ad against Donald Trump, by Democratic Party-related PAC, 3/21/2020
- (more citations to follow)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Donald Trump: AdWatch: market crash due to lack of coronavirus action.
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: put people before corporations.
Amy McGrath: Perform national service to get college aid.
Energy & Oil|
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: I left my business to combat climate change.
Dan Baer: Served as US ambassador to OSCE & multilateral organizations.
Donald Trump: AdWatch: Trump called coronavirus "new hoax" and "fake news".
Amy McGrath: Improve ACA; don't get rid of private insurance.
Gary Peters: AdWatch: endorsed by VoteVets for military service.
Principles & Values|
Joe Biden: AdWatch: World laughs at Trump for dangerous incompetence.
Joe Biden: 1972 campaign brochures included photos with incumbents.
Joe Biden: 1972 campaign ad: "Do you trust me?".
War & Peace|
Seth Moulton: AdWatch: Don't send troops back to Iraq.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Amy McGrath Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Dan Baer Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
- Gary Peters Democratic Jr Senator Michigan
- Joe Biden Democratic V.P.
- Seth Moulton Massachusetts Democratic candidate for President; U.S. Rep from MA-6
- Tom Steyer Possible Democratic candidate for President from California
The above quotations are from AdWatch: transcripts from 2020 candidates.