Speeches to Conservative Political Action 2013 Conference
Sen. Rand Paul, R-KY., won this year's Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll. His father Ron Paul won the CPAC straw vote in two previous years.
The snapshot above was one highlight of the CPAC convention:
Sarah Palin publicly drank a "Big Gulp" to protest
NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg's attempted ban on Big Gulps and other large soft drinks.
Her speech excerpts and others below....
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Marco Rubio: I believe in protecting life but I'm not a chauvinist.
Budget & Economy|
Bobby Jindal: Replace "obsession with zeroes" with growth strategy.
Sarah Palin: No budget for 4 years? No budget is no leadership.
Rand Paul: We cannot continue to borrow $50,000 per second.
Rand Paul: Sequester doesn't cut spending; it just slows rate of growth.
Marco Rubio: The banks caused the mortgage crisis and we bailed them out.
Ben Carson: Education worked for me; don't throw young people away.
Marco Rubio: The China Dream is to surpass America as world leader.
Bobby Jindal: If it's worth doing, then block-grant it to the states.
Allen West: Constitution should control the government, not the people.
Sarah Palin: Gun laws just take away the good guys' freedom.
Ben Carson: Health savings account from birth; teach poor responsibility.
Rand Paul: 13-hour filibuster against drone strikes targeting Americans.
Rand Paul: Only Judiciary can detain and drone, not the President.
Donald Trump: Citizenship for illegal immigrants is a GOP suicide mission.
Sarah Palin: 8% unemployment rate doesn't tell the story of the pain.
Principles & Values|
Ben Carson: Not running for office, but God may call on me.
Ben Carson: End the "war on God".
Bobby Jindal: Dems are for government expansion & economic contraction.
Sarah Palin: Don't rebrand the party; rebuild the country.
Jeb Bush: GOP must stop being the party of 'anti' everything.
Jeb Bush: We need to be the party of inclusion and acceptance.
Mitt Romney: We lost the election, but we haven't lost our way.
Tim Scott: We in America are a conservative nation.
Donald Trump: Cannot change Medicare or Soc.Sec. and still win elections.
Bobby Jindal: Simplify our complicated tax code by blowing it up.
Ben Carson: Bible endorses flat tax--10% tithing.
Marco Rubio: Information age has changed world; people have not changed.
War & Peace|
Donald Trump: Take $1.5T in oil from Iraq to pay for US victims.
Welfare & Poverty|
Ben Carson: Charities better at providing for needy than the government.
Jeb Bush: If you're born poor, the odds are stacked against you.
The above quotations are from Speeches to Conservative Political Action 2013 Conference.
Republican Conventions and Conferences:
- 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference, March 6-8, 2014
- 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference, March 14-16, 2013
- 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 12-14, 2011
- 2010 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2010
- 2009 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 27-28, 2009
- 2008 Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008
- 2008 Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 7, 2008
- 2004 Republican Convention, in New York City, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2004
Books by Republican contenders for 2016 nomination:
- Immigration Wars, by Jeb Bush, March 5, 2013
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, Jun 5, 2012
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Rand Paul, Feb 22, 2011
- Marco Rubio in An American Son, by Marco Rubio, June 19, 2012
- America By Heart, by Sarah Palin, Nov. 23, 2010
Books by Republican contenders for 2012 nomination:
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal, Nov. 2010
- No Apology, by Gov. Mitt Romney, Mar 2, 2010
- Going Rogue, by Sarah Palin, Nov. 17, 2009
- End The Fed, by Rep. Ron Paul, Sep 16, 2009
- Saving Freedom, by Jim DeMint, July 2009
- Real Change, by Speaker Newt Gingrich, Dec 18, 2007