2001-2009 gubernatorial press releases
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2001-2009 gubernatorial press release (number of quotes indicated):
- Christine Gregoire (3) Washington Democratic Governor
- Dave Freudenthal (1) Wyoming Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
- Dave Heineman (2) Nebraska Republican Governor
- Jack Markell (1) Delaware Democratic Governor
- John Lynch (1) New Hampshire Democratic Governor
- Kathleen Sebelius (1) Kansas Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002); Cabinet Sec'y (HHS)
- Mike Beebe (2) Arkansas Democratic Governor
- Scott Walker (1) Wisconsin Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Christine Gregoire: Now is not the time to raise taxes.
Jack Markell: Bans discrimination based on sexual orientation.
John Lynch: Legalized gay marriage so same-sex couples have same rights.
Scott Walker: Marriage is to be between one man and one woman.
Energy & Oil|
Mike Beebe: Governor's Commission to address Global Warming.
Dave Freudenthal: Develop wind power AND its electrical transmission.
Christine Gregoire: One step closer to creating Wild Sky Wilderness Area.
Kathleen Sebelius: $1.5 million grants for recycling & composting.
Mike Beebe: Cuba's interest in AR exports is good for the state.
Dave Heineman: Disallow using government resources for politics.
Dave Heineman: Harsher punishment for unlawful handguns.
Christine Gregoire: Supports guest workers and earned legalization.
The above quotations are from 2001-2009 gubernatorial press releases.
Autobiographies and Biographies of Governors:
- What A Party!, by gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D, VA)
- The Last Line of Defense, by gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R, VA)
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, by Bob Ingle and Michael Symons
- Can`t is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley, April 2012
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King, Oct. 2010
- The Governator, by Ian Halperin (about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-CA), Aug. 2011
- A Governor`s Story, by Jennifer Granholm (D-MI), Oct, 2005
- The Agenda for America, by Gov. Haley Barbour (R, MS), April 1996
- Blue Man in a Red State, by Greg Lemon, (about Gov. Brian Schweitzer, D, MT), June 2008
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R, AZ), Nov. 2011
- Crossroads: The Future of American Politics, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D, NY), Oct. 2003
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D, MA), April 2011
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I, RI), April 2008
- Teachers Under Attack, by Mike Spina, about Gov. Chris Christie (R, NJ), Feb. 2011
Press Releases etc. from Governors, Mayors, and Justices:
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2013
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2012
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2010
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2001-2009
- Mayoral Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010-2011
- Mayoral Campaign websites, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2010
- Mayorial State of the City speeches, 2007-2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2001-2009
- My Grandfather's Son, by Justice Clarence Thomas, Oct. 2008
Page last edited: Dec 03, 2012