Survey of Gubernatorial campaign websites, 2010-2011
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Survey of Gubernatorial campaign websites, 2010-2011 (number of quotes indicated):
- John Hickenlooper (1) Colorado Democratic Governor
- Karyn Polito (1) Massachusetts Republican Candidate for Lt. Governor
- Tom Foley (2) Connecticut Republican challenger
- Zephyr Teachout (13) New York Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Zephyr Teachout: Level playing field between family stores and big business.
John Hickenlooper: Longer minimum prison sentences do not reduce crime.
Karyn Polito: Leading advocate for the passage of "Jessica's Law".
Zephyr Teachout: Disenfranchising due to criminal convictions is undemocratic.
Zephyr Teachout: We have a long way to go on criminal justice reform.
Zephyr Teachout: Give minorities opportunity, not criminal justice system.
Zephyr Teachout: Raise age of criminal responsibility from 16 to 18.
Zephyr Teachout: Marijuana decriminalization, on the path to legalization.
Zephyr Teachout: Public education is the foundation of democracy.
Energy & Oil|
Zephyr Teachout: Reduce carbon emissions& adopt clean sources of energy.
Zephyr Teachout: Ban fracking; it contaminates our groundwater.
Zephyr Teachout: Public financing for all statewide and legislative elections.
Zephyr Teachout: Immigrants are a pillar of our economy.
Tom Foley: Raise minimum wage nationally, but focus on jobs in CT.
Zephyr Teachout: No tax breaks for those earning $500,000 to $2 million.
Zephyr Teachout: Open universal broadband: 21st Century Internet.
Welfare & Poverty|
Tom Foley: New urban enterprise zones and urban renewal initiatives.
The above quotations are from Survey of Gubernatorial campaign websites, 2010-2011.
Autobiographies and Biographies of Governors:
- What A Party!, by gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D, VA)
- The Last Line of Defense, by gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R, VA)
- Chris Christie: The Inside Story of His Rise to Power, by Bob Ingle and Michael Symons
- Can`t is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley, April 2012
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King, Oct. 2010
- The Governator, by Ian Halperin (about Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-CA), Aug. 2011
- A Governor`s Story, by Jennifer Granholm (D-MI), Oct, 2005
- The Agenda for America, by Gov. Haley Barbour (R, MS), April 1996
- Blue Man in a Red State, by Greg Lemon, (about Gov. Brian Schweitzer, D, MT), June 2008
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R, AZ), Nov. 2011
- Crossroads: The Future of American Politics, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D, NY), Oct. 2003
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D, MA), April 2011
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Lincoln Chafee (I, RI), April 2008
- Teachers Under Attack, by Mike Spina, about Gov. Chris Christie (R, NJ), Feb. 2011
Press Releases etc. from Governors, Mayors, and Justices:
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2013
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2012
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2010
- Gubernatorial Press Releases, 2001-2009
- Mayoral Press Releases, 2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010-2011
- Mayoral Campaign websites, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2011
- Gubernatorial State of the State speeches, 2010
- Mayorial State of the City speeches, 2007-2011
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2010
- Gubernatorial Campaign websites, 2001-2009
- My Grandfather's Son, by Justice Clarence Thomas, Oct. 2008
Page last edited: Oct 12, 2014