Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2024 Missouri Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Missouri 2024 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Press release on 2024_MO_Gov, "Missouri House Democrats, HD 132: CRYSTAL QUADE," 9/1/23, (Link)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Parson rejects top Missouri Democrat's call for special session on nuclear waste," by Kurt Erickson, Aug 2, 2023, (Link)
- Springfield Daily Citizen, "Crystal Quade launches campaign for governor on C-Street in Springfield," by Jack McGee, July 10, 2023, (Link)
- KCUR News, "Democratic legislative leader Crystal Quade launches campaign for Missouri governor," by Jason Hancock, July 9, 2023, (Link)
- MissouriNet, "Kehoe Lists Four Early Priorities If He's Elected Missouri Governor," by Marshall Griffin, May 22, 2023, (Link)
- Kansas City Star, "MO governor's race erupts over foreign-owned farmland after new restrictions fail to pass," by Jonathan Shorman & Kacen Bayless, May 19, 2023, (Link)
- KSDK, "'I've cut way more taxes than I proposed': Kehoe defends voting record as he launches bid for governor," by Mark Maxwell, May 18, 2023, (Link)
- St. Louis Public Radio, "As he accelerates his gubernatorial push, Kehoe showcases distinctions with Ashcroft," by Jason Rosenbaum, May 18, 2023, (Link)
- KY3 Springfield News, "Pending governor's approval, Missouri's budget includes $8 million for Springfield's historic Jefferson Avenue Footbridge," by Joe Hickman, May. 9, 2023, (Link)
- Joplin Globe, "It makes no sense to sell Missouri land to China," by John R. Ashcroft, Apr 25, 2023, (Link)
- KMOX Audacy Radio, "Governor candidate Jay Ashcroft talks Second Amendment, libraries, crime," April 14, 2023,
- Kansas City Star, "Missouri Democrat, advocate of gun reform and abortion rights, hints at run for governor," by Maia Bond and Kacen Bayless, April 12, 2023, (Link)
- Missouri Independent, "Jay Ashcroft makes it official: He's running for Missouri governor in 2024," by Jason Hancock, April 6, 2023, (Link)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "Jay Ashcroft says fellow Republicans have 'failed to deliver,' launches bid for Missouri governor," by Jack Suntrup, Apr 6, 2023, (Link)
- The Center Square, "Missouri Senate leader pledges 'common sense' diversity language for budget," by Joe Mueller, Mar 31, 2023, (Link)
- Missouri Independent, "Diversity initiatives within Missouri agencies run into GOP attack on 'woke' government," by Rebecca Rivas, Clara Bates & Annelise Hanshaw, March 27, 2023, (Link)
- Missouri Independent, "Ashcroft criticizes Blunt support for Senate bill protecting same-sex marriage," by Rudi Keller, November 29, 2022, (Link)
- Cannabis Business Times, "Missouri Secretary of State a 'No' Vote on Adult-Use Cannabis," by Tony Lange, November 01, 2022, (Link)
- Missouri Independent, "Missouri Democrats expect turnout boost from marijuana campaign, but split on policy itself," by Jason Hancock, August 28, 2022, (Link)
- OzarksFirst.com, "Rep. Crystal Quade proposes tax credit for school staff members," by Ashley Eddy, Feb 27, 2022, (Link)
- The Joplin Globe, "Standing up for private property is standing up for Missouri agriculture," by Mike Kehoe, Apr 24, 2021, (Link)
- KRCG-TV News, "Republican-backed voter suppression legislation will harm minorities, Black Caucus says," by Kyreon Lee, April 6, 2021, (Link)
- The Missouri Times, "Opinion: It's time to reform Missouri's Medicaid program," by Bill Eigel, December 31, 2020, (Link)
- Macon Home Press, "Local perspectives about Amendment 2 (Medicaid Expansion), by Benjamin C. Nelson, August 04, 2020, (Link)
- Facebook @EigelForMo (Bill Eigel), June 26, 2020, (Link)
- The Missouri Times, "Mr. Missouri: A conversation with Mike Kehoe," by Alisha Shurr March 1, 2019, (Link)
- The Catholic Missourian, "State's first Catholic lieutenant governor grateful for prayers," by Jay Nies, July 27, 2018, (Link)
- Missouri Baptist Convention Pathway newsletter, "It's about faith, family, integrity: Secretary of State Ashcroft reassures voters as statewide elections near," by Don Hinkle, July 19, 2018, (Link)
- Springfield News-Leader, "Pruitt the needed change to head EPA," by Jay Ashcroft, Feb. 17, 2017, (Link)
- Springfield News-Leader, "Crystal Quade, Thomas Quinn face off in District 132," by Will Schmitt, October 30, 2016, (Link)
- MissouriNet, "Voter Photo Id, Ethics Reform Among Top Priorities for Missouri Senate Republicans," by Mike Lear, Nov 17, 2015, (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bill Eigel: Voted for Heartbeat Bill banning abortion in Missouri.
Jay Ashcroft: is wrong for Missouri, will defend life at all cost.
Mike Kehoe: Plans to vigorously defend state's abortion restrictions.
Crystal Quade: Stand with women for right to make own healthcare decisions.
Budget & Economy|
Bill Eigel: Cap spending immediately, reduce each year.
Jay Ashcroft: Current state budget unsustainable, would cut in half.
Jay Ashcroft: Opposes Respect for Marriage Act.
Jay Ashcroft: Against anti-bias law, we're all discriminated against .
Mike Kehoe: Voted in favor of LGBTQ anti-discrimination laws.
Crystal Quade: Opposed ban on transgender girls and women in women's sports.
Crystal Quade: State ban on funding entities embracing DEI is asinine.
Bill Eigel: We need leaders who will DEFEND our police not DEFUND them.
Mike Kehoe: Don't want to defund the police; we want to protect them .
Crystal Quade: State government needs to listen to local law enforcement.
Jay Ashcroft: State constitution not the place to legalize marijuana.
Crystal Quade: Supports legalization, not state cap on business licenses.
Bill Eigel: Prohibit biological boys from playing in girls sports.
Bill Eigel: Ban "hate-based ideology," other "woke" programs in schools.
Bill Eigel: Give parents access to curricula and lesson plan records.
Jay Ashcroft: School choice would be a priority of his administration.
Mike Kehoe: Expanding school choice is an early priority .
Crystal Quade: Continues the fight to fund public schools, higher education.
Energy & Oil|
Mike Kehoe: Bad Green New Deal experiments endangers private property.
Jay Ashcroft: Government regulators' agenda would devastate our economy.
Crystal Quade: $150,000 to address 80 years of radioactive waste.
Mike Parson: Let the feds clean up their 80 years of radioactive waste.
Families & Children|
Crystal Quade: Access to affordable and high quality daycare a priority.
Eleni Kounalakis: International relations must be "win-win" to avoid conflict.
Mike Kehoe: Response to Ukraine: Russia does not share our values.
Crystal Quade: For law to stop China, Russia from buying farmland in state.
Bill Eigel: No more machines; hand count ballots on election day.
Mike Kehoe: Having proper identification to vote is only reasonable.
Crystal Quade: Voter ID bill about minority voter suppression, not fraud.
Bill Eigel: 2nd amendment protects us from tyrannical government.
Jay Ashcroft: The idea that guns are responsible for deaths is ridiculous.
Crystal Quade: Not anti-gun but huge proponent of background checks.
Bill Eigel: Prohibit transgender-related treatment for children under 18.
Bill Eigel: Time to reform bloated, inefficient, ineffective Medicaid.
Mike Kehoe: Allow transgender care for adults, but no government money.
Mike Kehoe: Opposed Medicaid expansion: unsupportable and unsustainable.
Crystal Quade: Has been a leader in bringing Medicaid expansion to Missouri.
Bill Eigel: Calls for restrictions on foreign ownership of farmland.
Bill Eigel: Defund all government DEI-based positions and programs .
Jay Ashcroft: Diversity job posting is left-wing workplace indoctrination.
Jay Ashcroft: Against diversity, equity and inclusion in state government.
Crystal Quade: Knows impact of minimum wage jobs from personal experience.
Principles & Values|
Bill Eigel: Prosecution of Trump is atrocious abuse of power.
Bill Eigel: I believe that God has a plan for each and every one of us.
Jay Ashcroft: Bible calls us to obedience, not to accomplishment.
Jay Ashcroft: Is government here for us, or are we to serve government?
Mike Kehoe: I very much enjoy the agricultural way of life.
Mike Kehoe: We are a country built on faith, specifically on God.
Mike Kehoe: If you want to do something you can do it in this country.
Crystal Quade: Opposed discrimination by businesses due to religion.
Crystal Quade: Passed bill that eliminated state tax on Social Security.
Bill Eigel: Repeal the regressive state personal property tax.
Bill Eigel: Eliminate the corporate and personal income tax in Missouri.
Jay Ashcroft: Tax cuts are in order; give the money back to the people.
Mike Kehoe: Supported tax increases for transportation projects.
Mike Kehoe: I've cut way more taxes than I proposed.
Crystal Quade: Proposed one-time $5000 tax credit for school staff.
Welfare & Poverty|
Crystal Quade: Not enough legislators understand the realities of poverty.
The above quotations are from 2024 Missouri Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2024; previous election candidates:
2020 Missouri Gubernatorial debate
Former gubernatorial races:
2016 Missouri Gubernatorial debates:
Attorney General Chris Koster(D)
vs.Former State House Speaker Catherine Hanaway(R)
vs.CEO John BrunnerR)
vs.Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder(R)