Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Fox News Sunday interviews during 2020
(Chris Wallace and Bret Baier interviewing candidates for 2020 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Fox News Sunday interviews during 2020 (number of quotes indicated):
- Chris Coons (2) Democratic Jr Senator Delaware
- Chris Van Hollen (1) Democratic Senate candidate Maryland
- Donald Trump (1) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Lindsey Graham (2) South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mark Kelly (1) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Arizona
- Nikki Haley (1) South Carolina UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Pete Buttigieg (5) Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Rand Paul (4) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Steve Bullock (2) Montana Democratic Montana Governor
- Tim Scott (1) Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": (Jake Tapper and Dana Bash; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: (Chris Wallace and Bret Baier; conservative)
- Meet the Press: (Chuck Todd; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: (Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson; moderate)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Energy & Oil|
Pete Buttigieg: Timetable on climate set by reality, not by Congress.
Chris Coons: We need NATO more engaged in the Middle East.
Rand Paul: End support of Saudis and Iran won't need nukes.
Donald Trump: Jerusalem is Israel's capital but Palestinian capital open.
Nikki Haley: Call out the UN when they bully Israel.
Steve Bullock: Farmers want trade, they don't want aid.
Lindsey Graham: China has more to lose in trade war than US.
Pete Buttigieg: Need to depoliticize Supreme Court.
Mark Kelly: Gun control is a political issue and we need to have a vote.
Pete Buttigieg: Single payer option can lead to Medicare for all.
Rand Paul: Don't sell arms abroad as a jobs program.
Steve Bullock: Immigration should not be used to rip country apart.
Tim Scott: Opportunity Zone jobs have seen up to 8% wage increase.
Pete Buttigieg: Government must be pro-active with changing economy.
Principles & Values|
Pete Buttigieg: Progressive, but not concerned with labels.
War & Peace|
Chris Coons: Not consulting Congress on war weakens us in the world.
Chris Van Hollen: Do we further our interests in targeting enemies?
Rand Paul: Decide if Saudis are an ally or an enemy.
Rand Paul: Yemen War is part of 1000-year civil war.
Lindsey Graham: Keep 2,000 US troops in Syria so ISIS won't come back.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Chris Coons Democratic Jr Senator Delaware
- Chris Van Hollen Democratic Senate candidate Maryland
- Donald Trump Republican Presidential incumbent
- Lindsey Graham South Carolina S.C. Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mark Kelly Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Arizona
- Nikki Haley South Carolina UN Ambassador 2017-2018
- Pete Buttigieg Indiana Democratic candidate for President; Mayor of South Bend, IN
- Rand Paul Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Steve Bullock Montana Democratic Montana Governor
- Tim Scott Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
The above quotations are from Fox News Sunday interviews during 2020
(Chris Wallace and Bret Baier interviewing candidates for 2020 races).