Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Speeches at Conservative Political Action Conferences (2016-2019)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CPAC 2016-2019 (number of quotes indicated):
- Bill Weld (1) Massachusetts Libertarian Vice-Presidential nominee
- Bobby Jindal (2) Louisiana Republican 2016 Presidential candidate
- Chris Christie (2) New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Joe Miller (5) Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- John Bolton (2) National Security Advisor
- Marco Rubio (1) FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mike Pence (1) Indiana Republican Vice President
- Paul Ryan (2) Republican
- Rand Paul (5) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rick Perry (4) Texas Secretary of Energy
- Sarah Palin (4) Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
- Ted Cruz (6) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Tim Scott (4) Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Conservative Political Action Conference (speech excerpts and news coverage):
- New Yorker magazine, "The Republican Planning to Run Against Trump in 2020," March 5, 2019
- White House press release, "Remarks by President Trump at the 2019 Conservative Political Action Conference," March 2, 2019
- Common Dreams, "In 'Historically Dubious' CPAC Speech, Pence Claims 'Freedom' Ended Slavery," by Eoin Higgins, March 01, 2019
- White House press release, "Remarks by Vice President Pence at CPAC 2019, National Harbor, MD," March 1, 2019
- Vox.com, "President Donald Trump speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference," Feb 23, 2018
- White House press release, "Remarks by Vice President Pence at the Conservative Political Action Conference," Feb. 22, 2018
- Time magazine, "President Donald Trump speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference," Feb 24, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Chris Christie: FactCheck: No, Dems allow plenty of pro-life speakers.
Chris Christie: GOP tolerates pro-choice views; Dems don't tolerate pro-life.
Budget & Economy|
Ted Cruz: Lost Generation: Obama agenda hammers young people.
Ted Cruz: Balanced budget amendment to stop bankrupting our country.
Joe Miller: Opposes ENDA; ok to decide whether a business serves gays.
Joe Miller: Let states decide about gay rights & minority rights.
Joe Miller: Multinational corporations exert power over party duopoly.
Rand Paul: Justice cannot occur without a trial, especially minorities.
Bobby Jindal: If it's not about student achievement, what's it about?
Bobby Jindal: Fight to give parents choices in schools.
Tim Scott: Kids, not unions, should be focus of our public education.
Energy & Oil|
Bill Weld: Climate change is real, must be addressed.
Rick Perry: Russia & Syria crises: price we pay for not leading world.
Sarah Palin: The only thing rising under Obama is the Russian empire.
John Bolton: Weak America means trouble in Russia, China, & Libya.
Marco Rubio: Only America can stand up to world totalitarianism.
Joe Miller: Stop federal systematic spiritual and religious apartheid.
Rick Perry: Unconstitutional to federalize education & healthcare.
Ted Cruz: Stop IRS from asking: 'tell me the content of your prayers'.
Ted Cruz: Presidents should not pick & choose laws to enforce.
Ted Cruz: End Washington cronyism via Congressional term limits.
Tim Scott: Look to Constitution for greatness, not to Executive Orders.
Sarah Palin: Young people are ObamaCare suckers: they must pay the bill.
Sarah Palin: Ode to Dr. Seuss: I do not like his health care scam.
Tim Scott: I don't want to know how many calories are on my pizza.
Rand Paul: NSA monitoring is an affront to 1776 sons of liberty.
John Bolton: We don't get peace via weakness; we get Putin invading.
Rand Paul: Help the unemployed by lowering taxes dramatically.
Principles & Values|
Mike Pence: Freedom, not socialism, made America great.
Rand Paul: Elect lovers of liberty, not just Republicans.
Rick Perry: It is time for a little rebellion on battlefield of ideas.
Sarah Palin: Duck Dynasty: fired for expressing devout Christian views.
Ted Cruz: We win elections by bold principles & a positive agenda.
Paul Ryan: Tea Party & libertarians bring "creative tension" to GOP.
Paul Ryan: The left offers people a full stomach and an empty soul.
Rick Perry: No state can tax and spend its way to prosperity.
Joe Miller: NSA recording digital cell phone calls is turnkey tyranny.
War & Peace|
Rand Paul: Executive Branch initiating war is a usurpation of power.
Welfare & Poverty|
Tim Scott: I flunked Civics & English but thought my way out of poverty.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bill Weld Massachusetts Libertarian Vice-Presidential nominee
- Bobby Jindal Louisiana Republican 2016 Presidential candidate
- Chris Christie New Jersey N.J. Governor; Republican Presidential candidate
- Joe Miller Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- John Bolton National Security Advisor
- Marco Rubio FL Senator; Republican Presidential candidate
- Mike Pence Indiana Republican Vice President
- Paul Ryan Republican
- Rand Paul Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Rick Perry Texas Secretary of Energy
- Sarah Palin Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
- Ted Cruz Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
- Tim Scott Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
The above quotations are from Speeches at Conservative Political Action Conferences (2016-2019).
Error processing SSI file