Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 New Mexico Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 NM Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jeff Apodaca (17) New Mexico Democratic candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Joe Cervantes (9) New Mexico Democratic candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Michelle Lujan-Grisham (20) New Mexico Democrat
- Steve Pearce (26) New Mexico Republican candidate for New Mexico Governor
- Susana Martinez (2) New Mexico Republican Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Mexico 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- NPR Fact-Check, "N.M. Governor Pulls National Guard From Border, Citing A 'Charade', " February 6, 2019
- KRWG TV, "Democratic Candidates Speak at Truth or Consequences Forum," by Michael Hernandez, Feb 9, 2018
- The Santa Fe New Mexican, "Dems give their take on issues in early gubernatorial forum," by Sami Edge, Jan 23, 2018
- Las Cruces Sun-News, "Candidate has history of delinquent property taxes," by Daniel J. Chac�n, Nov. 29, 2017
- Albuquerque Journal, "Lujan Grisham pushes higher minimum wage," by Dan Boyd, October 18th, 2017
- Farmington Daily Times, "Four Democrats vying to be next NM governor," by Hannah Grover, Aug. 3, 2017
- Los Alamos Monitor, "2 candidates stump in LA," by Tris DeRoma, August 2, 2017
- U.S. News and World Report, "Concealed-Carry Gun Bills Prompt Warning," by Morgan Lee, Aug. 1, 2017
- Deming Headlight, "Apodaca visits during campaign tour," by Algernon D'Ammassa, July 23, 2017
- NMPolitics.net, "What If We Invest in New Mexico?", by Jeff Apodaca, July 17, 2017
- Las Cruces Sun-News, "Steve Pearce to seek New Mexico governor's office," by Jason Gibbs, July 10, 2017
- NM Political Report, "Las Cruces legislator cites budget, jobs crisis," by Joey Peters, July 7, 2017
- Las Cruces Sun-News, "Cervantes jumps in to governor's race," by Russell Contreras, July 5, 2017
- USA Today, "Former media executive enters NM governor's race", by Russell Contreras, May 2, 2017
- Santa Fe New Mexican, "Jeff Apodaca to run for governor," by Andrew Oxford, May 2, 2017
- Capitol Ministries, "Pearce: belief in God was central to Founding Fathers," May 2015
- Albuquerque Journal, "Lujan Grisham addresses NM Legislature", 1/26/2017
- NMPolitics.net, "Guv signs open conference committee bill," by Heath Haussamen, April 5, 2009
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Support Planned Parenthood; support employer contraceptives.
Steve Pearce: Ban abortion after 20 weeks; de-fund Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Jeff Apodaca: Build international film school in Santa Fe.
Jeff Apodaca: State reserves can prime pump for new jobs.
Jeff Apodaca: Use state reserves to boost economy.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Supports marriage equality.
Steve Pearce: Opposes gay marriage but accepts it as settled law.
Steve Pearce: Trump tax cuts are a shot in the arm to manufacturers.
Joe Cervantes: Celebrate small business to create job opportunities.
Joe Cervantes: Corporate tax cuts failed to create jobs.
Joe Cervantes: Underfunding, lack of reform leads to more crime.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Supports medical marijuana and recreational legalization.
Steve Pearce: Opposes recreational marijuana.
Jeff Apodaca: Legal pot, in-state tourism can boost economy.
Steve Pearce: Questions Colorado's model on pot legalization.
Joe Cervantes: Look into pot decriminalization.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Supports universal pre-K; opposes school vouchers.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Expand Pell Grants; lower student loan interest.
Steve Pearce: Vouchers break link of low-income & low-quality schools.
Steve Pearce: Cut Pell Grants; no more tax money for colleges.
Steve Pearce: Competition through choice helps schools.
Jeff Apodaca: Make state's Pre-K a year-round program.
Joe Cervantes: Emphasis on testing misguided.
Joe Cervantes: Expand pre-K to all students.
Energy & Oil|
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Limit greenhouse gases, lead on renewable energy.
Steve Pearce: No one believes the crap about climate change.
Jeff Apodaca: Fracking ok for now; move away from oil & gas over time.
Steve Pearce: Must include fossil fuels as well as green energy.
Jeff Apodaca: Old and new energy industries must adapt.
Jeff Apodaca: Solar power will bring money & jobs.
Joe Cervantes: Research snd develop renewable energy.
Steve Pearce: Burdensome regulations kill jobs, like logging industry.
Families & Children|
Jeff Apodaca: New jobs must come with sick leave & child care.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Opposes tariffs & short-sighted trade war.
Steve Pearce: Opposes tariffs because they hurt our businesses.
Jeff Apodaca: Supports possibility of trade with southern neighbor.
Joe Cervantes: The border with Mexico is one of our state's greatest assets.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Reveal political donors; reverse Citizens United.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: No voter ID laws; no purging of voter rolls.
Steve Pearce: Supports Citizens United.
Steve Pearce: Supports voter ID laws.
Joe Cervantes: Open up legislative committee meetings to public.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Strengthen background checks; ban assault weapons.
Steve Pearce: I don't think Gun Control legislation works.
Steve Pearce: Allow concealed guns across state lines.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Support ObamaCare; keep Medicaid without work requirement.
Steve Pearce: Repeal & replace ObamaCare; no Medicaid without work.
Steve Pearce: Repeal & replace ObamaCare.
Jeff Apodaca: Import foreign generic drugs to lower costs.
Steve Pearce: Our military must be second to none.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Withdraw troops from Mexican border: there's no emergency.
Susana Martinez: Deploy National Guard troops on Mexican border.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Supports earned path to citizenship for DREAMers and others.
Steve Pearce: Supports earned path to citizenship over a 10-year period.
Jeff Apodaca: We're not deporting DACA kids or any other kids.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Fight funding the border wall; advocate for DREAMers.
Steve Pearce: Need secure border, but human solutions.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Prohibit local law enforcement from enforcing federal law.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Opposes right-to-work law (supports unions).
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Raise minimum wage to $10 now & $12 later.
Steve Pearce: Enact right-to-work law (no automatic union dues).
Steve Pearce: Raising minimum wage hurts small businesses.
Jeff Apodaca: Turn New Mexico around: equal pay for women.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Increase minimum wage to $10 and then higher in the future.
Susana Martinez: Vetoed minimum wage law; it would kill jobs.
Jeff Apodaca: Raise minimum wage, starting at $10.
Principles & Values|
Steve Pearce: Biblical values important for government.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Trump tax cuts reward the wealthy & special interests.
Jeff Apodaca: Invest $1.4B from NM Permanent Fund in jobs plan.
Jeff Apodaca: Failed to pay property taxes for eight consecutive years.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Supports Net Neutrality: equal access to Internet.
Steve Pearce: Net Neutrality rules undermine the free market.
Jeff Apodaca: More investment in infrastructure & aerospace.
War & Peace|
Steve Pearce: Supports moving forward in Afghanistan.
The above quotations are from 2018 New Mexico Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)