Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Idaho Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 ID Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Brad Little (11) Idaho Republican
- Butch Otter (1) Idaho Republican Governor
- Gary Jones (1)
- Kim Reynolds (1) Iowa Republican
- Paulette Jordan (21) Idaho Democratic candidate for governor
- Raul Labrador (7) Idaho Republican candidate for Idaho Governor
- Russ Fulcher (1) Idaho Republican
- Tommy Ahlquist (5) Idaho Republican candidate for Idaho Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Idaho 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- KTVB, �Outgoing Gov. Otter endorses Medicaid expansion,� October 30, 2018
- Boise State Public Radio, "Idaho Congressional Candidate Russ Fulcher Hurt In Motorcycle Crash," by James Dawson, May 21, 2018
- Idaho Business Review, "Jordan: 'We need to go back to being a balanced state again'," by Anne Wallace Allen, April 27, 2018
- The Spokesman Review, "Dem candidates for governor square off, clash over marijuana," by Betsy Z. Russell, April 22, 2018
- The Argonaut (U. Idaho), "Paulette Jordan ready to race," March 7, 2018
- Idaho Statesman, "Where will Idaho's next governor stand on gay marriage?", by Cynthia Sewell, March 2, 2018
- Boise State Public Radio, "Labrador Provides Delayed Response To Charlottesville Violence," by Matt Guilhem, Aug. 16, 2017
- KTVB.com, "Homeless Boise Man Prepares to Run for Governor," by Alex Livingston, April 25, 2017
- Magic Valley Times-News, "Ahlquist: Why I'm running for governor," April 18, 2017
- Idaho County Free Press, "Big impression with Little interview," by Andrew Ottoson, Apr 13, 2016
- OpportunityLives.com, "Q&A With Ra�l Labrador: Criminal Justice Reformer," by Ellen Carmichael, Feb. 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Brad Little: No state government dollars for funding abortion.
Paulette Jordan: Planned Parenthoods value is more than reproductive care.
Tommy Ahlquist: Tax dollars should not go to Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Paulette Jordan: The way to a strong economy is investing in innovation.
Raul Labrador: 1st Amendment Defense: religious opposition to gay marriage.
Brad Little: No to gay marriage.
Raul Labrador: Detests white supremacy AND black nationalism.
Paulette Jordan: Laws need to be applied and the guilty held accountable.
Raul Labrador: Supports bipartisan criminal justice reform.
Paulette Jordan: Legalize marijuana and create tax revenue from it.
Tommy Ahlquist: More law enforcement & clinical resources for opioid crisis.
Paulette Jordan: Spending wiser will help create funds to invest in education.
Paulette Jordan: Invest in STEM technology in high school to drive economy.
Brad Little: Local and parental control of schools.
Gary Jones: Leadership & local control will improve schools.
Energy & Oil|
Paulette Jordan: Clean energy creates more jobs than fossil fuels.
Paulette Jordan: Wants to keep federal lands and sites safe from sell offs.
Families & Children|
Brad Little: Defend our constitution by defining marriage.
Paulette Jordan: Marriage equality should not be limited by state boundaries.
Raul Labrador: Challenge Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage.
Tommy Ahlquist: Marriage should be the union of a man and a woman.
Tommy Ahlquist: Term limits & campaign disclosure for statewide officials.
Paulette Jordan: She'll fight to stop corporate money silencing honest votes.
Paulette Jordan: Opposes teachers being front line defenders in classrooms.
Brad Little: Remove the duty to flee in Idaho's self-defense laws.
Paulette Jordan: Stand-your-ground laws lead to homicide of people of color.
Raul Labrador: It is time to enact 'stand your ground' legislation in Idaho.
Brad Little: Second Amendment is a sacred trust.
Brad Little: Respect voters' will if Proposition 2 passes.
Butch Otter: Expand Medicaid to cover those in state's healthcare gap.
Paulette Jordan: Expand Medicaid to cover those in state's healthcare gap.
Paulette Jordan: One solution to health care for all is Medicaid expansion.
Paulette Jordan: Repeal Idaho's 'faith healing' exemption.
Brad Little: Replace ObamaCare with local control.
Paulette Jordan: Address mental healthcare issues of veterans.
Paulette Jordan: She wants to forge pathway for illegals to become citizens.
Raul Labrador: Building wall is critical step against illegal immigrants.
Raul Labrador: Toughen laws against illegal immigrants.
Paulette Jordan: Raise minimum wage in increments.
Paulette Jordan: Partner with local unions building apprenticeships.
Principles & Values|
Russ Fulcher: Motorcycle accident in middle of congressional campaign.
Brad Little: Hard work, freedom, self-reliance, family and faith.
Brad Little: I support the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
Paulette Jordan: Hard work, compassion and fairness are backbone to values.
Paulette Jordan: Religious freedom is no excuse for bigotry.
Tommy Ahlquist: Protect religious freedom from assault on people of faith.
Kim Reynolds: Changed mind on Bible in classrooms.
Brad Little: Lift tax burden for everyone.
The above quotations are from 2018 Idaho Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)