Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2015 Mississippi Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2015 MS Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Phil Bryant (2) Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Gray (3) Mississippi Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial Nominee
- Vicki Slater (11) Mississippi Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate (lost primary)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Mississippi Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Jackson Free Press, "GOP Rallies; Robert Gray Prays", by JFP Staff, 11/3/2015
- Jackson Free Press, "Robert Gray Home Stretch", by JFP Staff, 10/28/2015
- Jackson Free Press interview of Vicki Slater, July 22, 2015
- Sun-Herald, "Mississippians are dying while Bryant calls names", June 25, 2015
- WXXV Fox-25, "Slater Comments on the Flag Debate", by Kristen Durand, June 24, 2015
- Sun-Herald, "Candidate to SRHS retirees: 'You're in the right'", by Karen Nelson, June 23, 2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Vicki Slater: People don't recognize MS flag, only Confederate flag.
Vicki Slater: Supreme Court gay marriage ruling is not federal overreach.
Vicki Slater: Remove Confederate Battle symbol from state flag.
Vicki Slater: The Great Recession bailout didn't help small businesses.
Phil Bryant: Supports "effective" public schools but not Initiative 42.
Robert Gray: Supports Initiative 42 & full public school funding.
Vicki Slater: Constitutional provision to fully fund public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Vicki Slater: Develop energy, but balance it with environmental concerns.
Vicki Slater: Use BP settlement money to rehabilitate marine life.
Vicki Slater: Hold referendum on Confederate flag; it's time to revisit.
Phil Bryant: The feds won't pay for their share of Medicaid expansion.
Robert Gray: Medicaid expansion & health-care exchanges would create jobs.
Vicki Slater: Expand Medicaid, and push Legislature to accept it.
Vicki Slater: Celebrate the Supreme Court's ruling in support of ObamaCare.
Vicki Slater: Fight to keep 100% full pensions for retirees.
Robert Gray: Invest the Rainy Day Fund on infrastructure.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Phil Bryant Mississippi Republican Governor
- Robert Gray Mississippi Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial Nominee
- Vicki Slater Mississippi Democratic 2015 Gubernatorial candidate (lost primary)
The above quotations are from 2015 Mississippi Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)