Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 New York Gubernatorial debates and race coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 New York Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andrew Cuomo (8) New York Democratic Governor
- Howie Hawkins (1) New York Green Party Presidential Challenger
- Kathy Hochul (5) New York Democratic Lt. Governor Challenger
- Rob Astorino (11) New York Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Zephyr Teachout (14) New York Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New York Gubernatorial race:
- New York Post, "Joe Biden's disastrous plans for America's suburbs," by Betsy McCaughey, July 21, 2020
- The Nation magazine, "No Quid Pro Quo, No Cuomo: Vote Howie Hawkins," by Richard Kim, Oct 29, 2014
- Bay Ridge Journal, "Teachout: Abortion Rights Central to Women's Equality", re: OpEd in Albany Times-Union, 8/9/14
- NY State of Politics, "Cuomo's Legal Spending Draws Concern", by Rob Astorino, Aug. 5, 2014
- Daily Freeman, "Teachout flunks Cuomo on fracking, corruption probe", by William J. Kemble, 7/22/14
- The Villager, "Zephyr Teachout pressuring Gov. Cuomo on his left", by Lincoln Anderson, July 10, 2014
- Epoch Times, "Zephyr Teachout: Corruption Crusader", by Jonathan Zhou, July 8, 2014
- New York Daily News, "Upstart candidate Zephyr Teachout", by Glenn Blain, June 16, 2014
- Newsday, "Taxes seen as key issue in race between Cuomo & Astorino", by Michael Gormley, June 15, 2014
- Buzzfeed.com blog, "Progressive Ticket Will Challenge Andrew Cuomo", by Jacob Fischler, June 13, 2014
- Newsday, "Cuomo attempts to define Astorino", by Michael Gormley, May 18, 2014
- Capital New York e-zine, "Astorino clarifies (somewhat) his position on abortion", by Laura Nahmias, Mar. 7, 2014
- NY State of Politics blog, "Westchester Dems Hit Astorino On Immigration", March 2014
- Homeland Security Newswire e-zine, "State lawmakers question homeland security college", 21 Feb. 2014
- Wall Street Journal, "Effort to Expand Trade", by Erica Orden, Jan. 5, 2014
- Westchester Magazine, "Astorino Questions Cuomo's Medical Marijuana Plan", by Philip Garrity, Jan. 2014
- New York Post, "GOP governors powwow boosts Rob Astorino's candidacy", by Fredric U. Dicker, November 18, 2013
- Campaign email, "Gov. Pataki endorsement," by Rob Astorino campaign, 9/20/2013
- Wall Street Journal, "Cuomo Weighs in on Syria Debate", by Erica Orden, Sep. 4, 2013
- U.S. House press releases from Rep. Kathy Kochul, Nov. 2011 - Sept. 2012
- Washington Post, "The liberal case for social security cuts", by Matt Miller, February 9, 2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Zephyr Teachout: Abortion rights are part of women's equality.
Andrew Cuomo: Codify state with federal law to allow 9th-month abortions.
Rob Astorino: No 9th-month abortions, even if federal law allows it.
Rob Astorino: Zoning laws limit what can be built, not who can live there.
Zephyr Teachout: Endorsed by LGBT organizations; received at Gay Pride parade.
Rob Astorino: Opposes gay marriage, but it's a non-issue.
Rob Astorino: Opposes gay marriage, but it's the law of the land.
Zephyr Teachout: Apply anti-trust rules to corporate political power.
Rob Astorino: No medical marijuana; due to pills, process, and quality.
Zephyr Teachout: Cuomo has completely abandoned schools.
Zephyr Teachout: The public school system has been robbed.
Zephyr Teachout: Stop looting public school system to serve wealthy interests.
Kathy Hochul: Partnerships between employers and educational institutions.
Energy & Oil|
Zephyr Teachout: Sun, solar and wind, not fracking.
Rob Astorino: Government incentives for solar & geothermal.
Kathy Hochul: EPA cleanup of intolerable odors & emissions in Attica.
Families & Children|
Howie Hawkins: Supports universal healthcare & universal pre-K.
Andrew Cuomo: Follow Congressional process in Syrian intervention.
Andrew Cuomo: Start-Up NY: expand foreign trade to boost upstate economies.
Andrew Cuomo: Used campaign funds for defense lawyer, legally.
Rob Astorino: We desperately need term limits in Albany for all parties.
Andrew Cuomo: Committed to campaign finance reform.
Zephyr Teachout: Build political system where wealthy donors aren't in charge.
Zephyr Teachout: Political system is still corrupt and rigged for the wealthy.
Zephyr Teachout: Supports tougher gun control laws.
Kathy Hochul: Top rating from National Rifle Association.
Rob Astorino: Opposes SAFE Act gun control measure.
Zephyr Teachout: I am committed to single-payer.
Kathy Hochul: 2007: No drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants.
Zephyr Teachout: Honor the dignity of all immigrants.
Kathy Hochul: Submit temporary guest worker applications online.
Zephyr Teachout: Dirty money is funding the Tappan Zee Bridge construction.
Principles & Values|
Zephyr Teachout: Political icons: Teddy Roosevelt & Louis Brandeis.
Andrew Cuomo: OpEd: Primary challenge doubles the campaign donation limit.
Andrew Cuomo: Expose obscure formulas that cause automatic increases.
Andrew Cuomo: Tax cut for middle class; increase taxes on wealthiest 1%.
Rob Astorino: Held Westchester County taxes to $548M, without cuts.
Rob Astorino: Demanded mass transit capability on new Tappan Zee Bridge.
Welfare & Poverty|
Rob Astorino: AdWatch: Opposes affordable housing & hence minorities.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Andrew Cuomo New York Democratic Governor
- Howie Hawkins New York Green Party Presidential Challenger
- Kathy Hochul New York Democratic Lt. Governor Challenger
- Rob Astorino New York Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Zephyr Teachout New York Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2014 New York Gubernatorial debates and race coverage.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)